Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 20,872, Level: 44
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cyclone90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    1,396
    Points
    20,872
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 25

    ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    Notre Dame players pelted by snowballs - NCAA Football - SI.com

    Boy has this program sunk to a new low. Pretty pathetic. I can't image ISU students doing this. They need to fire Weis and start over.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 33,636, Level: 56
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,581
    Points
    33,636
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    You hope there are cameras and they can file assualt charges against the idiots who threw the snowballs.

    Or even better, post pictures of them across campus and let the football team take care of the situation however they feel is fair.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 277,271, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,485
    Points
    277,271
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 14

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    We did. I remember in 2006 we threw wet rally towels at our team. I, personally didn't but a lot of people in the student section did.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 213,310, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,024
    Points
    213,310
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 10

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    We did. I remember in 2006 we threw wet rally towels at our team. I, personally didn't but a lot of people in the student section did.
    But ISU fans don't boo or do anything of the sort. Musta been Iowa fans dressed up in Cyclone gear.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 33,636, Level: 56
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,581
    Points
    33,636
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    But ISU fans don't boo or do anything of the sort. Musta been Iowa fans dressed up in Cyclone gear.
    Good thing today's game is an away game because I am sure there would be a few idiot ISU fans out there doing something stupid.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 213,310, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,024
    Points
    213,310
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 10

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU4ME View Post
    Good thing today's game is an away game because I am sure there would be a few idiot ISU fans out there doing something stupid.
    Unfortunately, they exist in every fanbase. Fans who aren't interested in enjoying the game or supporting the team - just making an idiot out of themselves. Just like the students that booed Shada last year in Kinnick, and these yahoos who pelted their own players.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 33,636, Level: 56
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,581
    Points
    33,636
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    Unfortunately, they exist in every fanbase. Fans who aren't interested in enjoying the game or supporting the team - just making an idiot out of themselves. Just like the students that booed Shada last year in Kinnick, and these yahoos who pelted their own players.
    Exactly. 95% of the players are out there giving there all week in and week out. As much as a fan it sucks to lose, it would be 10 times worse as a player.

    Just makes you wonder how the media/fans would feel if the situation was reversed. The fans boo the players all game. The players at the end, throw snow balls at the fans in digust of their behavior. As a society, I believe there would be more out rage against the players rather than the fans.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 856,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,041
    Points
    856,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,284
    Given: 1,116

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU4ME View Post
    Exactly. 95% of the players are out there giving there all week in and week out. As much as a fan it sucks to lose, it would be 10 times worse as a player.

    Just makes you wonder how the media/fans would feel if the situation was reversed. The fans boo the players all game. The players at the end, throw snow balls at the fans in digust of their behavior. As a society, I believe there would be more out rage against the players rather than the fans.
    People would probably say, "They knew what they were in for when they signed up." Everyone knows what they are in for when it's somebody else.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 213,310, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,024
    Points
    213,310
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 10

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU4ME View Post
    Exactly. 95% of the players are out there giving there all week in and week out. As much as a fan it sucks to lose, it would be 10 times worse as a player.

    Just makes you wonder how the media/fans would feel if the situation was reversed. The fans boo the players all game. The players at the end, throw snow balls at the fans in digust of their behavior. As a society, I believe there would be more out rage against the players rather than the fans.
    I think that would be epicly awesome! Seriously, a team gets angry enough with their fans, they start throwing stuff back at them. Of course, that'd probably cause more problems in the long run than help, but it would be pretty funny.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 36,900, Level: 59
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    wonkadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,351
    Points
    36,900
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 86

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    That's great, I hope they put ball bearings in the middle of the snowballs for added impact ....Here's to ND never ever coming back to prominence.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 47,022, Level: 67
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,328
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Posts
    2,923
    Points
    47,022
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 15

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    It is amazing how BAD ND can be. They are still picking up some of the top talent in the country, but can't win a game to save their lives.
    That is one program that is in a real tailspin right now.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 117,821, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,478
    Points
    117,821
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 55

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    That's great, I hope they put ball bearings in the middle of the snowballs for added impact ....Here's to ND never ever coming back to prominence.
    Considering they haven't won a bowl game in 15 years and have only had one offensive skill position player get drafted in the first round in the last 15 years (Brady Quinn), they've been down for quite some time.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 132,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,446
    Points
    132,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 109

    Re: ND Students Pelt own Team with Snowballs

    Quote Originally Posted by MNclone View Post
    It is amazing how BAD ND can be. They are still picking up some of the top talent in the country, but can't win a game to save their lives.
    That is one program that is in a real tailspin right now.
    I don't think they really are getting great talent. I think their athletes get the bumps for being recruited by ND. If they do have talent, it really doesn't bother showing up on Saturdays.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM