Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

WILL IOWA STATE BE "TEXAS-NORTH?"

If you look at the events that happened with the Chizik hiring..there are some interesting observations that can be made.
    First, Pres. Geof. and Pollard said that the Texas AD and Coach Mac Brown were instrumental in securing Chizik.
    Secondly, Chizik is working on his pipeline to Texas...as he should.
    If you are Mac Brown, is it in your best interest to help Iowa State? Absolutely! Stay with me here.................
    Texas has a line on virtually every big time recruit in the state, and most would want to go there. If they choose the best, AND HAND OFF THE NEXT TIER PLAYERS TO CHIZIK, those players may come here and not go to Texas Tech, Texas A and M, Baylor, his competitors in the Big 12 South.
    Beyond that, Brown would like nothing better than to see Nebraska knocked off its high horse and play Iowa State for the Big 12 Championship. I may be reading a lot into this, but it's not beyond logic to see Mack Brown helping his prize pupil in the next few years.
    One other thing, don't be surprised if our new uniforms look a lot like Texas. Can't the top of an "I" look like hookem horns?
    TELL ME IF I'M A DERANGED CYCLONE FAN OR ONTO SOMETHING HERE.

Rookie
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: WILL IOWA STATE BE "TEXAS-NORTH?"

Quote Originally Posted by letsgostate View Post
    If you look at the events that happened with the Chizik hiring..there are some interesting observations that can be made.
    First, Pres. Geof. and Pollard said that the Texas AD and Coach Mac Brown were instrumental in securing Chizik.
    If you are Mac Brown, is it in your best interest to help Iowa State? Absolutely! Stay with me here.................
    Texas has a line on virtually every big time recruit in the state, and most would want to go there. If they choose the best, AND HAND OFF THE NEXT TIER PLAYERS TO CHIZIK, those players may come here and not go to Texas Tech, Texas A and M, Baylor, his competitors in the Big 12 South.
    Beyond that, Brown would like nothing better than to see Nebraska knocked off its high horse and play Iowa State for the Big 12 Championship. I may be reading a lot into this, but it's not beyond logic to see Mack Brown helping his prize pupil in the next few years.
    One other thing, don't be surprised if our new uniforms look a lot like Texas. Can't the top of an "I" look like hookem horns?

You are both. It seems a little far fetched but after this season, anything is possible.

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,141
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

You are nuts! I think 100 percent of any teams resources, even the mighty longhorns, is devout to making their team better. They aren't going to try to help ISU. There is more money in a Texas vs. NU big12 matchup than a Texas vs. ISU matchup anyway. I like the way you think outside the box though.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 54

You are a deranged Cyclone Fan. You act like Mack Brown has a say in where non-signers to his program go. I doubt that is the case. I'm sure Brown would like to see Chizik have success but not as much success as Texas.

I think Chizik has some good contacts in recruiting and be able to upgrade our talent level but it will take some time. We should be patient. We gave our last coach 12 years. Mac had some successes but it was time for him to move on. We needed the energy of a new coach (with potential).

Rookie
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

As someone once said, just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I hope Texas throws us some bones.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

one thing i have notice is gene holds up his fist alot..i find it funny because its like he wants it to be horns, but cant anymore

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Pro
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    one thing i have notice is gene holds up his fist alot..i find it funny because its like he wants it to be horns, but cant anymore
    heh, although that does sound logical.. Mac did that all the time as well.

Starter
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 10

Hey letsgostate...I give you an A for effort on this one. I would have never made that sort of connection, on the hand some people around here think you are nuts? So I guess that would make me sane?

Anyway my point....I am sure the relationship between Chizik and Brown is nice and peachy now...wait till Chizik steals a good recruit out of Texas....

I love me some Jethros BBQ!
    Twitter: bufantes

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

As someone once said, just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I hope Texas throws us some bones.
    Why would Texas point recruits to another team, especially one in the same conference?

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I think there is some logic to your post........Texas is going to get any of the reqruits they really want............the question then would be where do they want the balance of those recruits to go......if you think the answer is A&M, TT, OkSt, or OU then I think someone is dreaming..............all it will take is for Texas to suggest that ISU may be worth looking at and kids will maybe take a look which is more then they hav edone in the past..........call me crazy but the risk they run is they go to a south school is that they become a star and you have to compete against them every year....they go north an maybe you face them once in a while..................don't get me wrong they are not going to do the work for us but all they have to do is make a small suggestion to the hs coach or the kid

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 60

I'll be surprised if our uniforms look any different than last years. They've already been ordered by the previous staff so we shouldn't see much if any change for now.

Starter
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

"TELL ME IF I'M A DERANGED CYCLONE FAN OR ONTO SOMETHING HERE."

Deranged and your not on to something here, your on something very strong and hazardous to your health...................

Walk On
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

This may be a bit off topic, but it's related to Chizik's Texas connections. I've been wondering how much a two-year assistant coach's connections to a state like Texas really matters. I mean, most of my concern revloves around him getting into the high schools and talking to coaches. Even if he does get in to them, wouldn't it be logical to conclude that most "Ol' Boy Texas HS coaches" would nudge their players to Texas, aTm, Texas Tech, TCU, even Baylor? I mean, why would they say, "Hey, you could do some things in your home state, but this man Chizik up in Ames is the man to go to"?

Don't get me wrong, I'm praying that Coach Chiz works some magic, but I get worried that it's a lot simpler to say, "Well, our new coach has Texas connections so we'll get all those Texas blue-chippers!" rather than realizing that high-level recruiting is still going to be tough for former Texas coaches, irregardless of their ties to Texas. And that goes for former (state of) Texas coaches at KSU, KU, Mizzou, or ISU or anywhere else.

It's just something I've been wondering about. Maybe I need to realize that even the "lower-tier" recruits out of Texas have huge talent. I suppose that's the goal--a handful of those then one or two coveted recruits.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,861
    Given: 880

That's a fantastic story, and I'd love for it to be true. But you are nuts. Join the crowd though

Speechless
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 498

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    Maybe that is the new Colone symbol.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.