Thread: Cyclone Stores?

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Cpt.Obvious would tell me theres more cyclone based stores towards Ames, but me not living in Ames or really near, I would like to know the best stores. I should be making a visit soon down there. The more anti-iowa stuff the better. If you'd take a poll up here probably 80 fans of 100 are iowa,15-ISU, then you get those goofballs that like Minnesota or Wisconsin. Or dont care so much that they like UNI.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; Jun 10 2006, 12&#58;15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Cpt.Obvious would tell me theres more cyclone based stores towards Ames, but me not living in Ames or really near, I would like to know the best stores. I should be making a visit soon down there. The more anti-iowa stuff the better. If you&#39;d take a poll up here probably 80 fans of 100 are iowa,15-ISU, then you get those goofballs that like Minnesota or Wisconsin. Or dont care so much that they like UNI. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve always liked T-Galaxy, but there&#39;s a few more right there in campustown and the bookstores.

Rookie
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 25
    The Strawberry Patch at the north end of the North Grand Mall has a lot of ISU (and unfortunately Iowa) stuff. I have had the best luck at either of the bookstores on campus. One is in the Memorial Union and the other is on Welch just across from the MU. The book stores would have almost exclusively ISU and they do have some "anti-EIU" selections.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    After leaving the ISU-Iowa basketball game last year I fell in love with a taco bell. Nothin better after a great victory then to chow on some tacos. Big Cy painting on the wall, chairs are red and blue, im sure this is nothing new to you guys but.....

Starter
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3
    the other bookstore is actualy on the corner of lynn and lincoln, and i love that taco bell too, nothin beats chowin down 7 delecious tacos and starin at Cy

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; Jun 10 2006, 12&#58;15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Cpt.Obvious would tell me theres more cyclone based stores towards Ames, but me not living in Ames or really near, I would like to know the best stores. I should be making a visit soon down there. The more anti-iowa stuff the better. If you&#39;d take a poll up here probably 80 fans of 100 are iowa,15-ISU, then you get those goofballs that like Minnesota or Wisconsin. Or dont care so much that they like UNI. [/b][/quote]

Try DogtownU, at 108 Hayward. They do a lot of "classic" logo stuff, including the walking/marching Cy from the 70s and the tornado from the 80s. However, they also have stuff like:

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Here&#39;s a quick review of the best stores for Cyclone stuff. The first four stores are all so close together that I would highly recommend parking at the Union ramp, and just walking from each one to the next rather than driving for a block in Campustown, trying to find parking, and repeating. It&#39;s a grand total of four blocks from the first to the last.

#1- University Book Store- Located inside the Memorial Union. They have all of the most commonly-seen stuff, and a lot of the really popular basic designs. Prices are about average. They have a good selection of sweatshirts all year round, unlike the other stores. I would start here.

#2- Campus Book Store- Literally across the street from UBS. They basically have ripoffs of UBS merchandise. Their selection is the smallest of anyone in town (which is still pretty damn big). They carry a lot more women&#39;s clothing, and have more t-shirts and fewer cold-weather items than UBS. If you&#39;re looking for anti-Iowa stuff, they have two well-known designs there. (One is a tshirt that says on the front: "The only sign of intelligent life in Iowa City..." and on the back, a big highway sign reading: "Ames, Iowa: 183 miles".) Editorial: It&#39;s my personal opinion that (9 times out of 10) wearing shirts putting down another school just make you look like a *******, but to each thier own. Just go get a good shirt that boasts Cyclone pride/dominance instead.

#3- T-Galaxy: Located a block south of Lincoln Way on Welch Avenue (which is two blocks west of CBS). I haven&#39;t been there in a while, but they have a huge selection of t-shirts. They&#39;re also a screenprinting business, so nearly all of their designs are ones that you won&#39;t find anywhere else. They&#39;re pretty popular with students.

#4- Dogtown University: Located on Hayward (a block west of T-Galaxy). A big favorite with the students. Good prices, cool designs. They don&#39;t carry much anti-Iowa stuff (except for the popular "Choke" design above), but you don&#39;t see the same old designs, either. Well, you do see old designs: 90% of their stuff incorporates logos and stylizings from Cyclone days of yore, like the old cartoon Cy and the 80&#39;s tornado and Iowa State logos. I like this place the best out of any, just because of its charm.

The Strawberry Patch: Located in North Grand Mall. I&#39;ve never been here, but I&#39;ve heard people mention it now and then. It&#39;s a good distance away from all the others though, so I&#39;d suggest saving this for last.

Scheel&#39;s All Sports: There isn&#39;t one in Ames, but there is one in West Des Moines, at Jordan Creek Mall. (They have stores in Moorhead, Mankato, St. Cloud, and Eden Prairie, if that helps you out at all.) If you haven&#39;t heard of them, they are a chain of HUGE sporting-goods stores around the upper Midwest. They carry equipment and attire for, well, All Sports. Every store in Iowa has a very good selection of merchandise from ISU and UI, and most of them carry UNI. The one in WDM also stocks Drake stuff. As a bonus for Iowa residents, each store has lots of stuff for all the high schools in the area. Scheel&#39;s apparently comes up with all of their own designs. A lot of them tend to be more modern styles, or "edgy" designs, but they have traditional stuff, too. Great selection of clothing, and usually good prices.

I hope I haven&#39;t forgotten anything...

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ornryactor &#064; Jun 11 2006, 02&#58;53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Here&#39;s a quick review of the best stores for Cyclone stuff. The first four stores are all so close together that I would highly recommend parking at the Union ramp, and just walking from each one to the next rather than driving for a block in Campustown, trying to find parking, and repeating. It&#39;s a grand total of four blocks from the first to the last.

#1- University Book Store- Located inside the Memorial Union. They have all of the most commonly-seen stuff, and a lot of the really popular basic designs. Prices are about average. They have a good selection of sweatshirts all year round, unlike the other stores. I would start here.

#2- Campus Book Store- Literally across the street from UBS. They basically have ripoffs of UBS merchandise. Their selection is the smallest of anyone in town (which is still pretty damn big). They carry a lot more women&#39;s clothing, and have more t-shirts and fewer cold-weather items than UBS. If you&#39;re looking for anti-Iowa stuff, they have two well-known designs there. (One is a tshirt that says on the front: "The only sign of intelligent life in Iowa City..." and on the back, a big highway sign reading: "Ames, Iowa: 183 miles".) Editorial: It&#39;s my personal opinion that (9 times out of 10) wearing shirts putting down another school just make you look like a *******, but to each thier own. Just go get a good shirt that boasts Cyclone pride/dominance instead.

#3- T-Galaxy: Located a block south of Lincoln Way on Welch Avenue (which is two blocks west of CBS). I haven&#39;t been there in a while, but they have a huge selection of t-shirts. They&#39;re also a screenprinting business, so nearly all of their designs are ones that you won&#39;t find anywhere else. They&#39;re pretty popular with students.

#4- Dogtown University: Located on Hayward (a block west of T-Galaxy). A big favorite with the students. Good prices, cool designs. They don&#39;t carry much anti-Iowa stuff (except for the popular "Choke" design above), but you don&#39;t see the same old designs, either. Well, you do see old designs: 90% of their stuff incorporates logos and stylizings from Cyclone days of yore, like the old cartoon Cy and the 80&#39;s tornado and Iowa State logos. I like this place the best out of any, just because of its charm.

The Strawberry Patch: Located in North Grand Mall. I&#39;ve never been here, but I&#39;ve heard people mention it now and then. It&#39;s a good distance away from all the others though, so I&#39;d suggest saving this for last.

Scheel&#39;s All Sports: There isn&#39;t one in Ames, but there is one in West Des Moines, at Jordan Creek Mall. (They have stores in Moorhead, Mankato, St. Cloud, and Eden Prairie, if that helps you out at all.) If you haven&#39;t heard of them, they are a chain of HUGE sporting-goods stores around the upper Midwest. They carry equipment and attire for, well, All Sports. Every store in Iowa has a very good selection of merchandise from ISU and UI, and most of them carry UNI. The one in WDM also stocks Drake stuff. As a bonus for Iowa residents, each store has lots of stuff for all the high schools in the area. Scheel&#39;s apparently comes up with all of their own designs. A lot of them tend to be more modern styles, or "edgy" designs, but they have traditional stuff, too. Great selection of clothing, and usually good prices.

I hope I haven&#39;t forgotten anything... [/b][/quote]

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    How about big and tall in the area? I couldn&#39;t find anything when I was up there in March. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2
    How on earth is choke the official drink of Iowa football. As much as I hate EIU, it doesnt make any sense since we are the ones who always choke. Correct me if I&#39;m wrong, but that is a ******** shirt...

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    Yeah... I like ornryactor&#39;s list... but I would move strawberry patch up to equal of the university bookstore... and at the bottom of the list I would add Sports page... just a few stores down from the strawberry patch in the mall. Smallest selection of stuff... but I got a really sweet cyclone football jersey with number "7" on sleeves, front and back, "Iowa State" on front, and "Cyclones" on back all being sewn on and not just decals for 45 bucks. Not the actual replicas but in my opinion cooler looking Cyclone Football jerseys. So... stuff is there too for a good price.

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 26
    vanillathrilla - i&#39;ve seen such &#39;choke&#39; t-shirts. I believe the back of them has the score of the &#39;05 game on the back (23-3) and a line that says something like "came in ranked, left ames spanked." It&#39;s referring to a specific game, in which the hawkeyes were ranked #8, and didn&#39;t perform up to expectations.Makes it a bit more applicable. ;-)

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    I need to get in these shirts