Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 5

Where are the lesnar haters now?

To everyone who said lesnar didnt belong in the UFC, he didnt deserve a title shot, he was to un-experienced to fight randy couture... what do you have to say!?!?!

its obvious, that without a doubt Brock Lesnar is to strong, punches to hard, and it to athletic to be be beaten. I understand that he lost to Mir, and hope he gets the rematch, because he will destroy mir the second time. This fight went as well as possible for Brock from a learning stand point. It was the first time he every actually got hit in the mouth, and he actually got cut. it was also the first time anyone was able to get up when he got them to the ground, and there was some points that it looked like randy had a chance to do something good. In the end though brock hit to hard and to often... finishing it off with a vicious right hand knocking couture down, and then followed with a wave of hammerfists until the ref called it.

Lesnar is a beast... end of story

Last edited by cycloneman003; 11-16-2008 at 02:06 AM.
    ALL IN

Starter
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

Re: Where are the lesnar haters now?

yeah right, if i fought him he wouldn't make it out of the octagon

Pro
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by baller1 View Post
    yeah right, if i fought him he wouldn't make it out of the octagon
    good joke... brock lesnar is 6'3" 1/2 and weighs 280.. you realize that right?

ALL IN

Starter
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneman003 View Post
    good joke... brock lesnar is 6'3" 1/2 and weighs 280.. you realize that right?
    yeah im 6'5 310 you realize that?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 119

Dude, it's all fake.

Addict
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 530
    Given: 1,115

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrr1 View Post
    Dude, it's all fake.
    They aren't talking about WWE...

All-Star
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by baller1 View Post
    yeah im 6'5 310 you realize that?
    So what... It doesn't mean you can fight. I'm willing to bet that he would destroy you in the ring. But im hoping u were just joking about beating him.

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Pro
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,108
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 287
    Given: 335

I would like to see Lesnar and Fedor Emelianenko fight.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Yeah? I'm 7'-4", 450. Brasky, Bill Brasky. SeattleClone is just an alias. I try to keep a low profile.

Walk On
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Wow, I don't think any of us said he didn't belong. I picked Randy to win but said anyone can get a flash knock out which is pretty much what happened.

Randy is a grinder and he was working his clinch game well. Brock was fairly well gassed after 1 round. No way he survives all 5. Thats basically the way Couture fights. On the feet I was actually giving the stand up edge to Brock even before the knock down. He looked more precise with his strikes which surprised me. But again, if it goes into later rounds I think that flip flops. Randy did land some fairly solid shots but he has never been a knock out guy, just good enough to set up his greco-roman style. Brock landed some good punches and then that shot that landed to the back of Randy's head that knocked him down.

It was a perfectly legal shot but did land behind Randy's ear. Not making excuses for anyone but any of you who have boxed know how a shot like that seems about twice as hard as a straight on shot. Its the same way Serra beat GSP. Not dirty in anyway and perfectly legal. Then Brock jumped on and finished.

Now saying that Brock will never lose is laughable. I picked Couture to win and was wrong but if they fight again I will pick Couture again. Lets not go crazy. Brock beat a 44 year old light heavyweight who hadnt fought for 14 months. He didnt just beat Fedor or something. And if he fights Mir again Mir will tap him again.

The winner of this fight gets the winner of Mir vs Noguierra. So basically Noguierra. Mir has awesome Jiu Jitsu for a Heavyweight but Noguierra has some of the most functional BJJ in all of MMA regardless of weightclass. Lesnar will get tapped in his next fight.

Also his cardio has to definitely be a question mark. He was gassing out fast. That is a lot of muscle to feed.

Lesnar is still young enough that I think he can develop and address a lot of his weaknesses, and has the physical attributes to become a dominant champion. Beating Randy, though old and very undersized, shows he belongs though. A few names in the UFC that would really impress me if he beats are Noguierra, Gonzaga, Cain Velasquez (wrestled at Iowa Central actually) or Shane Carwin.

In my opinion, the future of the UFC heavyweight division is Shane Carwin. He's never had a fight last 2 minutes and is nearly as big as Lesnar plus is by far the hardest hitting heavy weight in the UFC. Solid wrestling and submissions too.

Last edited by rooster; 11-16-2008 at 02:33 AM.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    Wow, I don't think any of us said he didn't belong. I picked Randy to win but said anyone can get a flash knock out which is pretty much what happened.

Randy is a grinder and he was working his clinch game well. Brock was fairly well gassed after 1 round. No way he survives all 5. Thats basically the way Couture fights. On the feet I was actually giving the stand up edge to Brock even before the knock down. He looked more precise with his strikes which surprised me. But again, if it goes into later rounds I think that flip flops. Randy did land some fairly solid shots but he has never been a knock out guy, just good enough to set up his greco-roman style. Brock landed some good punches and then that shot that landed to the back of Randy's head that knocked him down.

It was a perfectly legal shot but did land behind Randy's ear. Not making excuses for anyone but any of you who have boxed know how a shot like that seems about twice as hard as a straight on shot. Its the same way Serra beat GSP. Not dirty in anyway and perfectly legal. Then Brock jumped on and finished.

Now saying that Brock will never lose is laughable. I picked Couture to win and was wrong but if they fight again I will pick Couture again. Lets not go crazy. Brock beat a 44 year old light heavyweight who hadnt fought for 14 months. He didnt just beat Fedor or something. And if he fights Mir again Mir will tap him again.

The winner of this fight gets the winner of Mir vs Noguierra. So basically Noguierra. Mir has awesome Jiu Jitsu for a Heavyweight but Noguierra has some of the most functional BJJ in all of MMA regardless of weightclass. Lesnar will get tapped in his next fight.

Also his cardio has to definitely be a question mark. He was gassing out fast. That is a lot of muscle to feed.

Lesnar is still young enough that I think he can develop and address a lot of his weaknesses, and has the physical attributes to become a dominant champion. Beating Randy, though old and very undersized, shows he belongs though. A few names in the UFC that would really impress me if he beats are Noguierra, Gonzaga, Cain Velasquez (wrestled at Iowa Central actually) or Shane Carwin.

In my opinion, the future of the UFC heavyweight division is Shane Carwin. He's never had a fight last 2 minutes and is nearly as big as Lesnar plus is by far the hardest hitting heavy weight in the UFC. Solid wrestling and submissions too.
    I never said brock was unbeatable... after all he has been beaten.

that wasnt a "flash knockout", randy took at least 10 punches and knees as hard as the one that knocked him down, it was just that that final right was too much for him. randy actually didnt out wrestle brock which surprised me

i wanna see brock vs mir again, also would love to see brock vs fedor.. if he would win those two that would solidify him as a dominant heavyweight

ALL IN

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

lesnar hits every bit as hard as carwin and probably harder actually... lesnar is also faster and has a slight edge wrestling. Carwin defintely has better submission skills though

ALL IN

Speechless
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,186
    Given: 1,041

Couture is tough as nails, but at some point, his age has to be a factor.

Walk On
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

"I never said brock was unbeatable... after all he has been beaten."

"its obvious, that without a doubt Brock Lesnar is to strong, punches to hard, and it to athletic to be be beaten."

Again, Brock picked up a big win. This does a lot for his credibility, but I don't consider him one of the elites yet in the Heavyweight division. And by elites I am meaning top 5 or 6. He is probably legitimate top 10 and poses certain huge problems for anyone. He could be a handful for anyone outside of Fedor, who would destroy him.

I think Lesnar does have a considerable edge in wrestling over Carwin but Carwin has far better stand up and power than Lesnar does. The other problem Carwin poses to Lesnar is his size and strength. It won't be as easy for Brock to push him around like he does smaller fighters.

Both guys will be a factor going forward, I just think Carwin will end up being the better fighter. We'll need to see more of both of them in the future to figure out where they belong in the pecking order though. Carwin just seems to be more of the Mixed Martial Artist than Lesnar who strikes me as as a Wrestler who is competeing in MMA.

Good to see Stephens pick up a win with a highlight reel knock out.

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,378
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneman003 View Post
    To everyone who said lesnar didnt belong in the UFC, he didnt deserve a title shot, he was to un-experienced to fight randy couture... what do you have to say!?!?!
    You mean there were actually people that were legitimately having this discussion about this sport?

'Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black.'