Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 10,635, Level: 31
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    470
    Points
    10,635
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2

    Inside help:remember this blast from the past?

    We are going to get smoked by teams with even slightly above average big men this year. Is there anyone that can step up? Someone mentioned if Streff could help out being 6'7" 250lbs. I have no idea how good or bad he is but how many people remember 1994 after Meyer got in the train accident? The year went into the tanker but someone off the bench stepped up and played his heart out at the center position, Mark Carlson. (I think he was only 6'5"?) He did not outplayed everyone but he gave it all he had, played smart, and did his job. Does anyone think Streff could do that? At least 10 minutes a game of hard nosed rebounding? Something to think about instead of working.......



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 95,319, Level: 96
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,731
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,698
    Points
    95,319
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

    Re: Inside help:remember this blast from the past?

    Streff is a senior, he obviously has not shown anything in practice thus far to merit meaningful playing time if he hasn't cracked the rotation by now. Plus I think he's leaving the team sometime in January for the Real World final auditions for MTV.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 205,542, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    11,011
    Points
    205,542
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 197

    Re: Inside help:remember this blast from the past?

    Quote Originally Posted by cydsho View Post
    I have no idea how good or bad he is but how many people remember 1994 after Meyer got in the train accident? The year went into the tanker but someone off the bench stepped up and played his heart out at the center position, Mark Carlson. (I think he was only 6'5"?) He did not outplayed everyone but he gave it all he had, played smart, and did his job.
    I'd give my firstborn child for a Marc Carlsen type right now. He did a great job filling in for Meyer.



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 7,756, Level: 26
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    491
    Points
    7,756
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Inside help:remember this blast from the past?

    I would actually way rather see Streff on Real World than playing down low for us...



  5. #5
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    442
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Inside help:remember this blast from the past?

    yea I did here from a manager that he might be leaving in January, that is funny that it is for real world auditions, haha! Second Iowa State real worlder, maybe, haha!!


    Big Shawn, Super Clone!

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 32,785, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneFan65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,241
    Points
    32,785
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Inside help:remember this blast from the past?

    Quote Originally Posted by cydsho View Post
    We are going to get smoked by teams with even slightly above average big men this year. Is there anyone that can step up? Someone mentioned if Streff could help out being 6'7" 250lbs. I have no idea how good or bad he is but how many people remember 1994 after Meyer got in the train accident? The year went into the tanker but someone off the bench stepped up and played his heart out at the center position, Mark Carlson. (I think he was only 6'5"?) He did not outplayed everyone but he gave it all he had, played smart, and did his job. Does anyone think Streff could do that? At least 10 minutes a game of hard nosed rebounding? Something to think about instead of working.......
    A little off the subject, but I always thought that season was Johnny Orr's best coaching job at ISU.


    "THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 205,542, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    11,011
    Points
    205,542
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 197

    Re: Inside help:remember this blast from the past?

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneFan65 View Post
    A little off the subject, but I always thought that season was Johnny Orr's best coaching job at ISU.
    JO did do some good coaching that year. I like to think that the victory over OU in Norman late that season was the blow that finished off Billy Tubbs at OU. Also, I think ISU was hosed, and should have been invited to the NIT that year.


    Last edited by jbhtexas; 12-04-2006 at 04:27 PM.

  8. #8
    Recruit
    Points: 7,349, Level: 25
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Liberty, IA
    Posts
    97
    Points
    7,349
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Inside help:remember this blast from the past?

    Was something wrong with Corey Johnson last night? I noticed that he didn't play.


    Robert C Larson

  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 10,145, Level: 30
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cyfan322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    610
    Points
    10,145
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Inside help:remember this blast from the past?

    Someone asked GMac about Corey Johnson on the Court Cy'd show tonight on the radio. He said that Johnson didn't have the best week of practice and also that he felt that other players matched up better with what Drake did offensively. He would have put him in during the second half, but Drake went small.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM