Observations

Thread: Observations

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Observations

Free PassJiri goes 4-18 and there are like 6 threads about him being one of the worst players in ISU history.......Taylor goes 4-15 with 8 turnovers and no threads so far.

Defense This team needs at least one or two above average defenders. I'm not trying to channel Scott Bankhead here, but we need someone that we can count on to stop the other teams best shooter. Would have been nice if we could have slowed that Ajay Calvin kid down a little bit.

Fab Frosh Gotta love Dunson having his first nice game as a Cyclone. He and Wes Johnson make me smile when I look forward to the future of MBB.

Offense One of the things I hated about coach Morgan's team last year was the fact that we had very little structure on offense. Did the "5 out and none in" offense get on anyone else's nerves a little bit tonight. Most of the game it was "4 out and 1 in", but why do all of our bigs think they are Dirk Nowitzki from the outside?

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Re: Observations

This probably could have gone in the other thread, silly noob.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 881
    Given: 613

Because they weigh 210 pounds, 5 more than Curtis.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,172
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by booyaa187 View Post
    Free PassJiri goes 4-18 and there are like 6 threads about him being one of the worst players in ISU history.......Taylor goes 4-15 with 8 turnovers and no threads so far.

Defense This team needs at least one or two above average defenders. I'm not trying to channel Scott Bankhead here, but we need someone that we can count on to stop the other teams best shooter. Would have been nice if we could have slowed that Ajay Calvin kid down a little bit.

Fab Frosh Gotta love Dunson having his first nice game as a Cyclone. He and Wes Johnson make me smile when I look forward to the future of MBB.

Offense One of the things I hated about coach Morgan's team last year was the fact that we had very little structure on offense. Did the "5 out and none in" offense get on anyone else's nerves a little bit tonight. Most of the game it was "4 out and 1 in", but why do all of our bigs think they are Dirk Nowitzki from the outside?

We tried to get it into the middle of the zone and had some success at times. We still struggle to finish the close shots. Wesley Johnson is more of a wing but he's the only "big guy" shooting threes that isn't hitting a very good percentage. Mac's offense was having 1 inside and four outside. We started executing better late, both with some penetration and getting it to WJ in the middle of the zone. We didn't exploit the short corner though. Curtis was excellent at that.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

We could use another stopper like Bankhead. His defense wes amazing, since he moved like the tinman. Still, he was a helluva dancer. He could do the robot with the best of them.

Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.