Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    My whole attitude toward ISU has changed quite dramatically over the last few months. I had no idea what to think about basketball when we had all of that talent and didn't even make it to the NIT. I would consider that rock bottom of ISU basketball. But since then, everything has been positive in all areas of athletics at ISU.

First off, the hiring of G-Mac was brilliant. Having a coach that WANTS to be here is exactly what ISU needs. What has he done since then? Almost everything a cyclone fan wants, stabability. Recruiting was a question mark, but I stress the word WAS. Everyone praised Morgan and his ability to recruit, but notice how G-Mac has already got a commitment in Brackins that is better than any other player Morgan has recruited (keep in mind Blalock and Stinson were LE's Recruits).

Second, Pollard is doing wonders for the national stage for ISU. He has big dreams for ISU in all areas. Examples obviously are improving Jack Trice and Hilton, and spending money to get ISU's name out across the nation. We couldn't ask for anything more.

And Lastly, every sport is feeding off of this momentum. Gymnastics did a terrific job, Softball is getting better, soccer has improved tremendously and they also have that nice little recruiting class.

Like I said before, my mindest has completely changed. Over the years I have been anxious for the start of football and basketball season; it hasn't changed. But this go around I think will be different. We are in a transistion right now, from being middle of the pack in the Big XII in all athletics to being in the top consistantly every year. This coming year is going to be a great year to be a Cyclone.

Prospect
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cllions05 &#064; Jun 9 2006, 01&#58;41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> My whole attitude toward ISU has changed quite dramatically over the last few months. I had no idea what to think about basketball when we had all of that talent and didn&#39;t even make it to the NIT. I would consider that rock bottom of ISU basketball. But since then, everything has been positive in all areas of athletics at ISU.

First off, the hiring of G-Mac was brilliant. Having a coach that WANTS to be here is exactly what ISU needs. What has he done since then? Almost everything a cyclone fan wants, stabability. Recruiting was a question mark, but I stress the word WAS. Everyone praised Morgan and his ability to recruit, but notice how G-Mac has already got a commitment in Brackins that is better than any other player Morgan has recruited (keep in mind Blalock and Stinson were LE&#39;s Recruits).

Second, Pollard is doing wonders for the national stage for ISU. He has big dreams for ISU in all areas. Examples obviously are improving Jack Trice and Hilton, and spending money to get ISU&#39;s name out across the nation. We couldn&#39;t ask for anything more.

And Lastly, every sport is feeding off of this momentum. Gymnastics did a terrific job, Softball is getting better, soccer has improved tremendously and they also have that nice little recruiting class.

Like I said before, my mindest has completely changed. Over the years I have been anxious for the start of football and basketball season; it hasn&#39;t changed. But this go around I think will be different. We are in a transistion right now, from being middle of the pack in the Big XII in all athletics to being in the top consistantly every year. This coming year is going to be a great year to be a Cyclone.

[/b][/quote]

I don&#39;t know about the momentum thing. Gymnastic coach left, and it seem every football player is getting suspended or already left.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Good post chief, just one thing. to be fair, stinson and blalock may have officially been LE&#39;s recruits, but if anybody but morgan had taken over they would not have come to ISU.

I agree, Pollard has done a great job. Some people say that Gmac will be the best thing to happen to ISU athletics...WRONG. Jamie Pollard is the best thing that could have happened to ISU athletics and we will eb consistently a top team in the conference in any and every sport we participate in.

And about brackins. does anybody know if Discombobulated has had any crow lately? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

"GMAC will not be able to recruit big name talent and he never will be. I give him 3 years to get a top 100 prospect."-Discombobulated

I saved this quote because i wanted to do exactly this when he had to eat crow...but i didnt expect to get to do it so soon.

God Bless America

Rookie
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    there is still alot of positive momentum for ISU. yes the coach left, but Pollard put up a fight and will not settle for any gymnastics coach. hes doesnt want to be just the best in the major sports, he wants to be the best in ALL sports. Pollard will be the greatest thing ever to happen to cyclone athletics. the suspensions are gonna happen everywhere. im glad that Mac and Pollard have integrity to do things by the book and run clean programs. we are in transition towards being a big name school across the nation, i will be enjoying this ride while we pass the squakeyes by&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Starter
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cgwarrior33 &#064; Jun 10 2006, 04&#58;32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> i will be enjoying this ride while we pass the squakeyes by&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

[/b][/quote]

Pass? We are already ahead of them. And we have a couple trophies to prove it.

Rookie
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    well, i was talking about on a national recognition level. like the media.