Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 37,649, Level: 59
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    clonomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,994
    Points
    37,649
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    Possible bowls, in selection order:
    BCS bowl
    Cotton bowl
    Holiday bowl
    Gator (when it selects a Big 12 team) bowl
    Alamo bowl
    Sun (when the Gator does not take a Big 12 team) bowl
    Insight bowl
    Independence bowl
    Texas bowl

    6 teams: Missouri, Kansas, Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State are in.

    Who from the following gets in?
    Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas St, Baylor or Texas A&M


    Last edited by clonomaniac; 11-03-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    WE ARE IOWA STATE

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 22,781, Level: 46
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CY ST8T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,553
    Points
    22,781
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    Nebraska Would love to see them shut out, but don't see it happening.


    ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!


    Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 58,398, Level: 74
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,589
    Points
    58,398
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 92

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    Don't you think we wil get 2 BCS bids?



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 270,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,495
    Points
    270,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 28

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    B12 will get 2 BCS bids for sure. Hopefully one is the NC game. I don't think we will fulfill our allotment for all the games though. Texas Bowl and Independance might be looking elsewhere.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 479,614, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    32,106
    Points
    479,614
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 702
    Given: 481

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    Possible bowls, in selection order:
    BCS bowl
    Cotton bowl
    Holiday bowl
    Gator (when it selects a Big 12 team) bowl
    Alamo bowl
    Sun (when the Gator does not take a Big 12 team) bowl
    Insight bowl
    Independence bowl
    Texas bowl

    6 teams: Missouri, Kansas, Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State are in.

    Who from the following gets in?
    Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas St, Baylor or Texas A&M
    From most likely to least likely:

    Nebraska: 5-4
    Remaining schedule: Kansas, @ K-State, Colorado

    Colorado: 4-5
    Remaining schedule: Iowa St, Oklahoma St, @ Nebraska

    K-State: 4-5
    Remaining schedule: @ Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa State

    aTm: 4-5
    Remaining schedule: Oklahoma, @ Baylor, @ Texas

    Baylor: 3-6
    Remaining schedule: @ Texas, aTm, @ Texas Tech

    You can automatically eliminate aTm and Baylor - it just ain't gonna happen with who they both have left on their schedules. That leaves Nebraska, Colorado, and K-State. All three can make it, but I think it's more likely that 2 of the three make it. In any case, ISU is a "must win" for both Colorado and K-State - they can ill-afford to lose to us, simply because it becomes really tough for either of them to get to 6 without them beating us.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 99,041, Level: 97
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    6,030
    Points
    99,041
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 53

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    I feel that that Gator Bowl will take Notre Dame if they end up eligible for it. Notre Dame is still part of that option as well, right?

    I think Nebby will get a bowl. And KState or CU? man, I hope we play the role of spoiler, but even after beating us, I'm not sure that either have a good chance at getting a bowl. KState seems to be looking the better of the two teams, imo.

    It probably opens the door for some Big 10 teams really. I could see us not filling all of our allotments and I'm sure those Bowls would love to grab a 6-6 Iowa which is known for bringing people.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 398,378, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,743
    Points
    398,378
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 346

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    Nebraska has to beat Colorado. Colorado has to beat Nebraska. KStayte has tro beat Nebraska. Looks like Nebraska controls their destiny at home. From what I have seen of Colorado and KState, both teams may not win six. Nebraska goes Insight. Baylor and aTm play excellent teams and will not factor.

    It could be the Big Six versus the Little Six in the end.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  8. #8
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 286,902, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    19,769
    Points
    286,902
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 787

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    last year the Big12 went 4-3 (CU/aTm/OK all losing).

    I still see 7 bowls this year but with a 5-2 mark.

    -keep.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,360, Level: 68
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,028
    Points
    49,360
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 289

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    From most likely to least likely:

    Nebraska: 5-4
    Remaining schedule: Kansas, @ K-State, Colorado

    Colorado: 4-5
    Remaining schedule: Iowa St, Oklahoma St, @ Nebraska

    K-State: 4-5
    Remaining schedule: @ Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa State

    aTm: 4-5
    Remaining schedule: Oklahoma, @ Baylor, @ Texas

    Baylor: 3-6
    Remaining schedule: @ Texas, aTm, @ Texas Tech

    You can automatically eliminate aTm and Baylor - it just ain't gonna happen with who they both have left on their schedules. That leaves Nebraska, Colorado, and K-State. All three can make it, but I think it's more likely that 2 of the three make it. In any case, ISU is a "must win" for both Colorado and K-State - they can ill-afford to lose to us, simply because it becomes really tough for either of them to get to 6 without them beating us.

    Nebbie could sure use a victory over K-State and Colorado but I see the Huskers losing to either the wildcats or the buffs and I dont see KU losing to Nebraska even in Lincoln...

    Kansas U has way too much firepower for Nebraska to stop..



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 58,827, Level: 75
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,223
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,440
    Points
    58,827
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 10

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    Nebbie could sure use a victory over K-State and Colorado but I see the Huskers losing to either the wildcats or the buffs and I dont see KU losing to Nebraska even in Lincoln...

    Kansas U has way too much firepower for Nebraska to stop..
    Maybe, but KU hasn't won in Lincoln in something like 40 years. KU's corners are shaky and new to the position. The starting LCB started the season as a free safety. The starting RCB is a true freshman who started the season as KU's 5th receiver. KU should do okay slowing down NU's run attack, but don't be surprised to see Joey Ganz with just as many yards as Todd.

    At betus.com, NU is a 1 point favorite.

    It should be a good game. It's a joke and a shame that the CU/ISU toilet bowl got a television slot and KU@NU didn't.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 60,173, Level: 76
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,477
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Omaha Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,083
    Points
    60,173
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 75

    Re: Big 12 bowl bids, who else gets in?

    Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    It should be a good game. It's a joke and a shame that the CU/ISU toilet bowl got a television slot and KU@NU didn't.
    really? wow, looks like i'll be hoping B12 no huddle has Nu/KU on sunday morning....provided that KU wins.

    B12 no huddle had CU/ATM on last sunday which was not televised(unless it was PPV)


    http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM