Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

ACC/BIG10

When is another conference going to get a shot at the ACC? The Big 10 is like 0-8 or something. The killer is that some years they got abosolutley smoked. Maybe they should have the ACC/Missouri Valley Challenge.

I see that the SEC and Big East are next to have a challenge.
    So when is the PAC10/Big 12 going to start.

Maybe they should rotate and have all the conferences rotate matchups every year.

So next year could be BIG12-ACC, PAC10-BIG East, SEC-BIG10.
    Just some thoughts.

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,987
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: ACC/BIG10

Some years they get smoked?!?! The best part of the ACC/Big Televen Scrimmage is that it shuts those idiots up about being the best conference. Too bad we couldn't have the same thing in football. But then again, like usual the last laugh is on the Big 12. I can see nearly every team in the Big Televen play tonight but can't get a marquee Big 12 vs. MVC matchup in ISU vs. UNI in the heart of Big 12/MVC country.

Like football, change requires the Big 12 Conference to cater to the entire conference and not just the top tiers. The BB programs like KU and UT get national exposure while the rest of the league gets hush money. Be very grateful that ISU has the CTN television package. I live in enemy territory and most of the BB programs do not have it nearly as well. I would love to blame it all on that stooge Kevin Wieberg but the truth is since the inception of the Big 12 schools are basing their decisions on the bottom line with little value being considered for national media exposure. I hope Pollard leads the charge for change because if this continues to become "Texas'" conference then it going to end up just the the SWC.

Whew. Thanks for letting me rant. Now I feel better.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 67

I for one really enjoy the ACC - Big 10 cakewalk. While there are a lot of lopsided nonconference games going on that I don't really care to watch, the "Challenge" gives me a lot of lopsided nonconference games that I do enjoy! Watching the Big 10 get put in its place to start out the season year after year after year is almost as good as Christmas.

Walk On
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Agree with the idea for expansion

If the Big East and the SEC are hooking up the Big XII should get one going with the Pac-10.

As far as the Missouri Valley goes. I my opinion that is one damn good conference. The label "Mid-Major" needs to be taken from them.

When I told the folks back home I was going to Auchtermuchty, they said "Wear the Fox Hat"

Walk On
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

They need to Change the name from the ACC/Big 10 Ten Challenge to the Big Ten+one Challenge. The reason for this is it is not a challenge for the ACC!!!!!!!!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Enginerd View Post
    Some years they get smoked?!?! The best part of the ACC/Big Televen Scrimmage is that it shuts those idiots up about being the best conference. Too bad we couldn't have the same thing in football. But then again, like usual the last laugh is on the Big 12. I can see nearly every team in the Big Televen play tonight but can't get a marquee Big 12 vs. MVC matchup in ISU vs. UNI in the heart of Big 12/MVC country.

Like football, change requires the Big 12 Conference to cater to the entire conference and not just the top tiers. The BB programs like KU and UT get national exposure while the rest of the league gets hush money. Be very grateful that ISU has the CTN television package. I live in enemy territory and most of the BB programs do not have it nearly as well. I would love to blame it all on that stooge Kevin Wieberg but the truth is since the inception of the Big 12 schools are basing their decisions on the bottom line with little value being considered for national media exposure. I hope Pollard leads the charge for change because if this continues to become "Texas'" conference then it going to end up just the the SWC.

Whew. Thanks for letting me rant. Now I feel better.
    Great points. I agree that it's been about the bottom line and I hope that JP will help get it changed.
    The think behind the the Big 12 doesn't make that much sense to me. I would like to think that if we all got alot of exposer and played in the national or even reg. spotlight more, then the money would follow. Money has a way of following the fans. So if we get all of our teams on and start making some new fans, then the new money sources start coming in from many different areas. In a business sense it seems silly to pay someone for not airing their games.
    Now, i have heard people say that no one would watch some of the Big12. If that is true why would Fox pay extra to not let the other games be showen (football)? If we would miss on the rating, then let the locals pick it up. No ad money is missing from the big games.
    Just one more rant like everyone else.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

It's embarrassing that this conference hasn't gotten a deal done with somebody. Are they not aware that fans are frustrated with seeing such a popular event for everybody else and not for our teams? The competitive balance in the league will only get worse if KU and Texas are the only ones getting any significant national exposure.

Starter
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 11

Big 12 and PAC 10 are still negotiating the final elements of the inter-conference challenge ( what do you do with the extra two B12 teams? How do make it roughly competitive? Home floor rotations, etc)...earlier this year the story was it would start next year, now i'm hearing it might not be until 2008.

Someone e-mail Dr. P (a.k.a Jamie Pollard) and ask him, he's pretty forthright in the discussing these things...