Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Don't know if this has been mentioned..

I think we need to run a couple more plays (or just plays period) for Wes Johnson.

What kind of offense is this team running? Ball screens only? Why don't we have cuts maybe some backdoor cutting of just cutting through to make room.

I think Cory McIntosh is not adjusting to D1 play. I think he is too small and not strong enough to play in the Big 12. Dodie's defense is way better even with an infected foot. Sure Cory can D up against Lake Superior but maybe that's the caliber player he is. And anyone notice that he doesn't have a left hand dribble?

Overall I think we are going to be alright. Our interior D was actually pretty damn good tonight. A few bounces our way and we win.

That's just my opinion.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 294

Re: Don't know if this has been mentioned..

We had better get our heads screwed on straight. WE do not run an offense. We are as bad on offense as the team was on defense last year. Breaking 70 will be a chore. Frankly, I look for better palys on backdoor dunks too. Do we like true passing ability? We may have been spoiled. How about some of that oldtime Tom Davis entry passes? We played pretty bad and only lost by 13. Not bad.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

McIntosh has been a big disappointment so far but I hope eventually the light goes on and he proves us all wrong.

I think this team is still trying to find itself offensively. It's a new system with a lot of new players. This is not going to be the run and gun teams of the past 3 years although they will push it at times I think. Mac has been trying to get them to know when they should push it and when not too. Sometimes we try running it and we don't have the numbers and until they get a good mix of set plays and knowing when to run with it you'll see the streaky scoring like we have had so far. Plus with no legitimate post threat right now it really makes it hard to move the ball around when our 6-11 center is trying to do his best Dirk Nowitksi impersonation. Actually I think Dirk has an inside game too so maybe that is a bad comparison...

Addict
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,166
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

I highly doubt this team has any sort of grasp on McD's full playbook at this stage. Supposedly McD's playbook is thick and complex. I'm guessing they are only running the most basic plays at this point. Who knows. Maybe this team just doesn't have the ability to get complex.

I still think we are ahead of where I thought we would be at this point given all that has happened.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think hopefully we will start to get a grasp at the right time, possibly around NIT time??

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by bcr4isu View Post
    I think hopefully we will start to get a grasp at the right time, possibly around NIT time??
    I'm hoping before Big 12 tourney time. If we are even bubble for the NCAA tourney a Big 12 tourney championship would do wonders. This is being VERY optimistic obviously but just win 3-4 games in a row is all it would take. We all know this team is going to have it's ups and downs this season while it learns a new system

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    I highly doubt this team has any sort of grasp on McD's full playbook at this stage. Supposedly McD's playbook is thick and complex. I'm guessing they are only running the most basic plays at this point. Who knows. Maybe this team just doesn't have the ability to get complex.

I still think we are ahead of where I thought we would be at this point given all that has happened.
    Exactly what I was going to say. Gmac has a lot to throw at these guys and it will take a while for everyone to buy in. Players coming from Wayne's "system" combined with fresh faces to the program doesn't bode well for team chemistry, at least right away. This team has a long way to go until they remember all the plays and start to gel together. We've seen on a few occasions that we have the ability to run some nice offensive sets. Obviously though it's been inconsistent at best. I look for them to start clicking real well midway through the conference season. We'll probably have to rely on Mike and Jiri scoring big for us until then because those two seem to love to shoot the most, which for the most part, I don't have a problem with. I'd like to see Wes get more aggresive though...

As for McIntosh, he's not the player I was hoping for, but again, it's early, and he has a lot of time to improve. What's frustrating though is not just that he's not scoring, but his assists are low, he struggles with ball pressure, and gets pushed around so easily. Look for Dodie to get more minutes if Cmac continues playing this way...

Recruit Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I think Dodie will get more time now since his foot is healing and hopefully he'll get better.

I like when Mike brings the ball up and Dodie at SG. Since teams will be focusing on Mike T so much now, I hope Dodie will have to confidence to shoot some threes. Dodie is much better and might be the best perimeter defender we have with good quickness and strength.

Ideal lineup-
    Mike T
    Dodie D
    Rahshon C
    Wes J
    Gray (if gray can d up like he did UNI game, he should start)

We can bring Cory McIntosh in for maybe a spark or maybe run the "second team" with Hubalek and Cory J.

Oh how I wish Will was still around..

Last edited by professor; 11-30-2006 at 05:35 PM.