Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Have Faith

My brother and I (both out-of-staters now) went to the game last night. First game for me in many years, and even longer for him (Can you say Clyde Williams Field?..."And there's no Track around the football field!"). It was his first game a J. Trice. We both grew up in Ames and both of us went to ISU.

Our impressions after the game? We both mentioned several times how good the Cyclone fans are. The stadium looked big time. We thought there is some good talent on the Cyclones. The players played hard and never quit. The uniforms indeed look very good also. We had a good time!

I think the present coaching staff will turn it around. It will take time. ISU is a hard palce to recruit to. Apart from playing for the school, recruits also play for the coaches who recruit them. Seeing this coaching staff from afar, this coaching staff seems to have good character, Chizik seems to be a class individual, players are staying out of trouble, and it was nice to see the team all grouped together, on their knees, for a few moments right before kickoff. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

I'm going to keep cheering the Cyclones no matter what. Keep the faith!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

Re: Have Faith

We still have Ba'hai faith (ba ha ha).

AA looked like he was sick and tired of losing and he was determined to win. His rushing touchdown was a thing of beauty. I think our pass rushers are doing the best they can. It is similar to last year. Still need a red hot defensive end to make the team better.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 339

Good post. There have been a lot of nice changes.

I have no problem with cheering for a team that plays hard. I have no problem with tailgating for hours when the weather is perfect. I have no problem with watching Big 12 football for basically nothing.

Of course we want to win as fans. All I know is that the games have become much more fun to watch this year when I finally learned that as a FAN you hope to win, but never expect to win. Cheer for the good stuff and let the bad roll off your skin. Nothing worse than letting the outcome of the game ruin what should have been a fun day.

All-Star
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Thank you for the post, t-noah.

It is nice to hear from someone that hasn't been completely immersed in the ISU Football situation.

There has been a lot of round-and-round "expert" analysis on this board lately. It's easy to lose track that ISU Football, for the most part, is a great experience. Of course we all want our team to win, and long losing streaks can wear patience thin, but hopefully posts like this can help people relax a bit.

Go Cyclones!

Addict
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 126

Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    I have no problem with watching Big 12 football for basically nothing.
    Cheer for the good stuff and let the bad roll off your skin. Nothing worse than letting the outcome of the game ruin what should have been a fun day.
    Speak for yourself. I accepted the season tix price increase, and also doubled my NCC dues. Jamie is right when he says that we need to step up to the plate financially to compete.
    In return for my investment, I happen to take an interest in our football progress, or lack thereof. Gene Chizik and his staff are paid very well because Cyclone fans take football seriously. If not for fans taking football seriously, most millionaire coaches would instead be high school PE teachers.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Still need a red hot defensive end to make the team better.
    Rudy still has 3 years of eligibility right?

Pro
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I agree - the stadium, fans, and uniforms all looked big time on TV saturday night. Some wins down the road will make it a complete experience.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by t-noah View Post
    My brother and I (both out-of-staters now) went to the game last night. First game for me in many years, and even longer for him (Can you say Clyde Williams Field?..."And there's no Track around the football field!"). It was his first game a J. Trice. We both grew up in Ames and both of us went to ISU.

Our impressions after the game? We both mentioned several times how good the Cyclone fans are. The stadium looked big time. We thought there is some good talent on the Cyclones. The players played hard and never quit. The uniforms indeed look very good also. We had a good time!

I think the present coaching staff will turn it around. It will take time. ISU is a hard palce to recruit to. Apart from playing for the school, recruits also play for the coaches who recruit them. Seeing this coaching staff from afar, this coaching staff seems to have good character, Chizik seems to be a class individual, players are staying out of trouble, and it was nice to see the team all grouped together, on their knees, for a few moments right before kickoff. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

I'm going to keep cheering the Cyclones no matter what. Keep the faith!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCSr5MQzplI"]YouTube - Limp Bizkit - Faith[/ame]

"Seven minutes to glory."

Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    I have no problem with watching Big 12 football for basically nothing.
    Great job by the OP.

This is the only statement I disagree with. Between Jamie's ticket price increase, parking price increase, seating donation, and all the other tidbits (higher concession prices, ticket order service charges, etc.), I am paying more than double what I paid per game two years ago. How many of us are getting 50% raises every year? And for those who say we were getting a free ride before Jamie, we may have had it good but it isn't like we just "caught up" to the rest of college football. Our current prices are higher than Iowa, UNI, and 10 of the other 11 Big 12 teams.

Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.