Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Ankeny Soccer Club

For all you Ankeny folk: A friend of mine is considering signing up his daughter with the Ankeny Soccer club. Any advice you could provide about costs, schedule, length of season, quality of coaches, etc., would be greatly appreciated. If any of you have kids currently in the club, I'd like to hear about your experiences. Heard some rumors about one of the coaches having an affair or affairs with the soccer moms. Are those substantiated? If so, I'll suggest my friend avoids that team!

"Watch yer topknot!"

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Re: Ankeny Soccer Club

Never heard any rumors about affairs with coaches with soccer moms. My daughter has been in it for 3 years now and we have had a great experience. It has taught her to be a part of a team and how to be competitive at a very young age. It is about $100.00 per season and you have to buy your own uniform. Those are available at Harrison's in Ankeny. The Prairie Ridge Sports complex where the games are played is one of the absolute best places for youth sports in the state of Iowa. I would highly recommend the Ankeny Soccer club as a whole.

Walk On
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Ankeny Soccer Club

Do the coaches put a lot of pressure on the girls to keep coming back year after year and that soccer MUST be their priority? I've seen firsthand the conflicts that can arise between club soccer and high school sports such as basketball and volleyball.

"Watch yer topknot!"