Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,442, Level: 81
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,889
    Points
    69,442
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 20

    The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Let's see how absurd we can get!


    "Hey, we're young, it takes time to rebuild after you fire the most winningest coach in school history"

    "Let's hold off winning the conf title till 2011 - it will be exactly 100 years since we did it the first time"

    "What do you expect - guys like AA and Sumrall aren't even Chiz recruits"

    "Fox put the two worst teams in the B12 on vs the World Series because we're a national draw".

    "We need to go back to playing physical defense - like when we had all those Personal Fouls vs SDS"

    "The first half of the KU game was probably the finest 2 Quarters of FB we've every played"

    "Can't wait for our cold November games - you can't see the muffin tops on our cheerleaders"

    "We still have a chance to win a road-game vs Kent St next Sept"

    "Bill Snyder - Gene Chiz; both Defensive Coords w/ no head-coaching experience. Get it?"

    "There's too many January bowl games on TV; the Boise bowl has no schedule competition"

    "We've beaten Iowa 7-outta-the-last 11 times"


    "We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

    -ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 84,981, Level: 90
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,947
    Points
    84,981
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post

    "Let's hold off winning the conf title till 2011 - it will be exactly 100 years since we did it the first time"
    This worked for the Cubs right?



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 380,762, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,547
    Points
    380,762
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 113

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Our best player never got on the field - Brandtner.

    Texas A&M has a great qb who can run and pass.

    The Cover 2 covers the first two receivers real well.

    We cannot stand prosperity when we score first.

    We lead the league in fieldgoal kicks.

    What happens in the Red Zone stays in the Red Zone.

    There goes our chance to win the North.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 426,246, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,645
    Points
    426,246
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 1

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    If we win out, we still have a shot at a bowl!



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,350, Level: 67
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,400
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,649
    Points
    48,350
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    It was really nice out for tailgating

    The marching band is always pretty entertaining

    some of the things on the scoreboard are very entertaining

    The hot chocalate was up to par tonight

    did i mention free basketball posters?



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 172,942, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    9,654
    Points
    172,942
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 13

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    It was really nice out for tailgating

    The marching band is always pretty entertaining

    some of the things on the scoreboard are very entertaining

    The hot chocalate was up to par tonight

    did i mention free basketball posters?
    ****, i forgot to get my poster. total loss tonight.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 11,640, Level: 32
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    837
    Points
    11,640
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Ben Bruns postgame... we played well defensively most of the game... what game was he watching?



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 380,762, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,547
    Points
    380,762
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 113

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    We reached third down 29 times on defense. Then we went sonic in reverse.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 112,043, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,673
    Points
    112,043
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 30

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedcm View Post
    Ben Bruns postgame... we played well defensively most of the game... what game was he watching?
    He has sold out ever since his company got the Jack Trice construction contract. He doesn't want to ruffle feathers in the athletic department anymore.
    It's sad - it used to be when he had something on his mind, he said it. Now he sounds like John Walters or Eric Heft.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 29,565, Level: 52
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,508
    Points
    29,565
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Maybe I'm missing the humor, but Snyder wasn't a d-c.

    Gene was, maybe that is the humor.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,442, Level: 81
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,889
    Points
    69,442
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 20

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedcm View Post
    Ben Bruns postgame... we played well defensively most of the game... what game was he watching?
    Serious ? now that's absurd.


    "We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

    -ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 91,268, Level: 94
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,882
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,247
    Points
    91,268
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    He has sold out ever since his company got the Jack Trice construction contract. He doesn't want to ruffle feathers in the athletic department anymore.
    It's sad - it used to be when he had something on his mind, he said it. Now he sounds like John Walters or Eric Heft.
    He sold out well before then.


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 11,640, Level: 32
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    837
    Points
    11,640
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    I almost drove off the road... my wife couldn't believe it either....



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 97,128, Level: 97
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,922
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,852
    Points
    97,128
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
    Let's see how absurd we can get!


    "Hey, we're young, it takes time to rebuild after you fire the most winningest coach in school history"

    "Let's hold off winning the conf title till 2011 - it will be exactly 100 years since we did it the first time"

    "What do you expect - guys like AA and Sumrall aren't even Chiz recruits"

    "Fox put the two worst teams in the B12 on vs the World Series because we're a national draw".

    "We need to go back to playing physical defense - like when we had all those Personal Fouls vs SDS"

    "The first half of the KU game was probably the finest 2 Quarters of FB we've every played"

    "Can't wait for our cold November games - you can't see the muffin tops on our cheerleaders"

    "We still have a chance to win a road-game vs Kent St next Sept"

    "Bill Snyder - Gene Chiz; both Defensive Coords w/ no head-coaching experience. Get it?"

    "There's too many January bowl games on TV; the Boise bowl has no schedule competition"

    "We've beaten Iowa 7-outta-the-last 11 times"
    Score of ATM vs ISU if McCarney is the coach? Probably 49-35 ATM.



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 177,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,451
    Points
    177,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 93

    Re: The Official Post-Game Pollyanna Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedcm View Post
    Ben Bruns postgame... we played well defensively most of the game... what game was he watching?
    Believe it or not, forcing A&M into third and long consistently is better than NOT forcing them into third and long. They just need to take the next step, and make the play on third down.

    And I'm getting freaking tired of watching other teams just sidestep our safeties and run on by I watched Brandon Hunley do that on the sideline right after the onside kick. Then he just gave up once the guy was past him.

    Yes, I saw it was #20 and waited until I got home from the game to see who #20 was!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM