Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Does anyone know if we will ever have a game that the team wears throwback jerseys? If so what should they wear?

Hilton-Bring on the Magic

Rookie
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Aren't they using throwback jerseys for the Neb. game?

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lennon3 &#064; Jun 9 2006, 01&#58;26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Aren&#39;t they using throwback jerseys for the Neb. game? [/b][/quote]

Yes, throwback jersey&#39;s will be worn in the Nebraska game.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 104
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUCLONES15 &#064; Jun 9 2006, 08&#58;09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Yes, throwback jersey&#39;s will be worn in the Nebraska game.

[/b][/quote]

What era jersey will they be wearing? I cant wait tosee what helmet they wear, weve always had some nice looking helmets. Since itll be Neb. and the "GOlden Rules" game, i bet the dominant color will be gold.

#BEATIOWA

Rookie
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I hope they take advantage of this and use it as a fundraiser as well, I believe Iowa did something similar a few years ago. I would love to get a jersey or one of those helmets from the game.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 104
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(soccercy &#064; Jun 9 2006, 09&#58;15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I hope they take advantage of this and use it as a fundraiser as well, I believe Iowa did something similar a few years ago. I would love to get a jersey or one of those helmets from the game. [/b][/quote]

Yeah, they gave first dibs to the players if they wanted to buy their jersey, then i think they sold the rest for about &#036;250 a jersey. I forget what they got for the other parts of the uni. This will be pretty cool, plus well be wearing ours for a worthy opponent. They wore theirs the 1st game of the year against some really bad team.

#BEATIOWA

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ripvdub &#064; Jun 9 2006, 08&#58;17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

What era jersey will they be wearing? I cant wait tosee what helmet they wear, weve always had some nice looking helmets. Since itll be Neb. and the "GOlden Rules" game, i bet the dominant color will be gold.

[/b][/quote] It would make sense to wear the 1976 uniforms as it will be the 30th aniversary of that big win over Nebraska. They should bring back Luther Blue and some of the guys and introduce them at halftime.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob &#064; Jun 8 2006, 08&#58;01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Does anyone know if we will ever have a game that the team wears throwback jerseys? If so what should they wear? [/b][/quote]

They should wear the 1981-82 helmets and uniforms and permanently wear them. The football uniforms since then have been atrocious for the most part. The current ones are by far the best of the Mac era but the helmet logo (same color as shell) and ****** (too small) need to be shelved.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cykadelic &#064; Jun 9 2006, 11&#58;39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

They should wear the 1981-82 helmets and uniforms and permanently wear them. The football uniforms since then have been atrocious for the most part. The current ones are by far the best of the Mac era but the helmet logo (same color as shell) and ****** (too small) need to be shelved.

[/b][/quote]

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I agree..I have always felt the helment should be sold cardinal red with a letter I in caps...gold in color...simple and strong

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    My very 1st Football game was at the new stadium against Air Force...I loved the cardinal jerseys with the gold pants (Like USC) I still think those were the coolest Uniforms plus they kicked everybody&#39;s *** with an 8-3 record...The only other helmet that I liked was when David Archer played with the ISU emblem and the 2 gold stripes (like Seattle Seahawks) I hated the Criner/Walden era unis. Hell, they should honor the 76 team and Coach Bruce. Imagine if Earle would have stayed at ISU for 20 years....HITMAN