Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,609, Level: 31
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CysMyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southlake TX
    Posts
    283
    Points
    10,609
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Was listening to NFL network on Sat radio on the way to work this AM. They had former Cowboy Jim Jeffcoat on for an interview. He was coaching with the Cowboys, but wasn't retained when The Tuna took over. He is chomping at the bit to get back to coaching. The bonus to this you ask? His son is currently a frosh in Plano. 6'4" and 240 already. Runs a 4.8 40 and a 10.9 100. He started on the varsity as a frosh -- that's TX 5A ball folks. Kid is going to be a stud.



  2. #2
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Michael Lastuvka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    769
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    I hope we don't go the Huggy route and hire people to get a few recruits. If this Jeffcoat dude is qualified, then great. But it shouldn't be to get to his son.



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,609, Level: 31
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CysMyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southlake TX
    Posts
    283
    Points
    10,609
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lastuvka View Post
    I hope we don't go the Huggy route and hire people to get a few recruits. If this Jeffcoat dude is qualified, then great. But it shouldn't be to get to his son.
    I'm not suggesting we pull a Larry Brown and hire Ed "The Truck Driver" Manning. Jeffcoat was a ProBowl D-Lineman and has coached at the NFL level. More ties to the state of Texas and a name that everyone in Texas knows.

    Just throwing out names for fun.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,301, Level: 63
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,531
    Points
    42,301
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 80

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Here is an interesting fact..."Jeffcoat has played for or coached with all six head coaches in Cowboys history."

    http://www.dallascowboys.com/team_co...m_jeffcoat.cfm



  5. #5
    Walk On
    Points: 13,169, Level: 34
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    181
    Points
    13,169
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Quote Originally Posted by dinger7203 View Post
    Here is an interesting fact..."Jeffcoat has played for or coached with all six head coaches in Cowboys history."

    http://www.dallascowboys.com/team_co...m_jeffcoat.cfm
    He isn't with them anymore. Jeffcoat's coaching position was eliminated last year when the Cowboys switched to the 3-4. Jeffcoat has experience and would be a good person to look at as his character was also above reproach both with the Cowboys and the Bills.

    In looking at Dallas, its current D-line coach, Kacy Rodgers, would also be an excellent person to look at as a possible D-Coordinator. He has both college and pro experience.

    I wonder what ties Chiz may have to Dallas as his bio talks about how much time he spent at Tampa Bay practices when he was at UCF and more importantly, the fact that it was Troy Aikman's private jet that was used to transport him to Des Moines for his introduction on Monday.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    i would take todd dodge from southlake carroll in a heart beat. he has an outstanding son that is a qb and nate newton's boy is also a junior at southlake carroll. dodge runs the spread offense better than mike leach at texas tech. dodge would be one helluva offensive coordinator and one of the best recruiters you could find in texas. his team has lost 1 game in
    about 60 wins.also i would vemture to say his coaching techniques would rival or be better than a lot of college teams. the spread offense is the offense that alot of college teams have gone to.i would also look at larry smith headcoach at smithson valley near san antonio.smith is a defensive genius on the defensive side of the ball he would make a good coach for defensive linemen,lbs ,or dbs.southlake caroll and smithson valley are always the teams that progress to the 5a semifinals or to the championship playoffs in the texas 5a division.


    doc

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,301, Level: 63
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,531
    Points
    42,301
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 80

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    woodie are you from TX? how do you know of these coaches?



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 23,596, Level: 47
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Nedrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carroll, IA
    Posts
    1,267
    Points
    23,596
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    i would take todd dodge from southlake carroll in a heart beat. he has an outstanding son that is a qb and nate newton's boy is also a junior at southlake carroll. dodge runs the spread offense better than mike leach at texas tech. dodge would be one helluva offensive coordinator and one of the best recruiters you could find in texas. his team has lost 1 game in
    about 60 wins.also i would vemture to say his coaching techniques would rival or be better than a lot of college teams. the spread offense is the offense that alot of college teams have gone to.i would also look at larry smith headcoach at smithson valley near san antonio.smith is a defensive genius on the defensive side of the ball he would make a good coach for defensive linemen,lbs ,or dbs.southlake caroll and smithson valley are always the teams that progress to the 5a semifinals or to the championship playoffs in the texas 5a division.
    While I don't doubt Dodge's abilities to coach, I would hope Chizik would pursue assistants with college coaching experience. Hiring high school coaches to be your coordinators would be a HUGE gamble...



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 21,267, Level: 44
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    iccyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,431
    Points
    21,267
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 15

    Wink Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Quote Originally Posted by Nedrick View Post
    While I don't doubt Dodge's abilities to coach, I would hope Chizik would pursue assistants with college coaching experience. Hiring high school coaches to be your coordinators would be a HUGE gamble...
    Houston Nutt at Arkansas hired a high school guy as his OC this season and it's worked out great for them! I don't care who Chizik hires so long as they're good coaches and good people!


    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 358,704, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,601
    Points
    358,704
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,265
    Given: 668

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Cowboys fan here and I always loved Jeffcoat - the player and the coach.

    IMO, he'd be a good catch for his experience and abilities.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 458,755, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,783
    Points
    458,755
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,184
    Given: 1,945

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    John Blake may be looking.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 10,039, Level: 30
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    395
    Points
    10,039
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 16

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Keep in mind the youth which are very successful coaches inthe ranks at USC. Creative, energetic and willing to take risks. ISU has had their full of conservative.



  13. #13
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    CYKO TY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    216
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Quote Originally Posted by cyputz View Post
    Keep in mind the youth which are very successful coaches inthe ranks at USC. Creative, energetic and willing to take risks. ISU has had their full of conservative.
    Very well said. I feel the same way.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 23,596, Level: 47
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Nedrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carroll, IA
    Posts
    1,267
    Points
    23,596
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Quote Originally Posted by iccyfan View Post
    Houston Nutt at Arkansas hired a high school guy as his OC this season and it's worked out great for them! I don't care who Chizik hires so long as they're good coaches and good people!
    I did see that on another post. Like Chizik said, he wants to make sure the assts. he hires will be good long-term. I doubt he's not going to jeopardize his own job by gambling on high school coaches. But I agree with what you said about hiring good coaches/people... Like we did with JP, we need to trust that Chizik (who has a lot more experience coaching that any of us) will make sound hiring decisions.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,301, Level: 63
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,531
    Points
    42,301
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 80

    Re: Here's someone for The Chiz to contact

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    John Blake may be looking.
    I heard Blake is a finalist for the NC St job and has applied to other HC openings.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 10, 2016
  • 08:00 PM