Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

For those who missed McDermott

at the Big12 Media Days. McDermott said that of the freshmen, he has been most impressed with is Wes Eikmeier and Justin Hamilton. He said that those two are further along then he thought they would be at this point. Wes is a prolific shooter with great distance and Hamilton, McDermott feels, gives them something they have been missing at that position.

McDermott said there is more leadership on this team then in previous seasons. He said Bryan Peterson and Alex Thompson have really steeped into that rule so far and he feels it will make a difference.

McDermott said he is hoping that Lucca Staiger surgery will go well and that he would be back on court soon. McDermott almost seemed like he was expecting Lucca back some time this season.

The Media asked McDermott allot questions about player and coach turnover in the Big12 and why McDermott thought it was happening.

That's about all I heard. The questions and answers will be available latter today here, next to McDermott's name under Quotes. Let me know if I missed something and I'll edit it.

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 225

Re: For those who missed McDermott

Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    at the Big12 Media Days. McDermott said that of the freshmen, he has been most impressed with is Wes Eikmeier and Justin Hamilton. He said that those two are further along then he thought they would be at this point. Wes is a prolific shooter with great distance and Hamilton, McDermott feels, gives them something they have been missing at that position.

McDermott said there is more leadership on this team then in previous seasons. He said Bryan Peterson and Alex Thompson have really steeped into that rule so far and he feels it will make a difference.

McDermott said he is hoping that Lucca Staiger surgery will go well and that he would be back on court soon. McDermott almost seemed like he was expecting Lucca back some time this season.

The Media asked McDermott allot questions about player and coach turnover in the Big12 and why McDermott thought it was happening.

That's about all I heard. The questions and answers will be available latter today here, next to McDermott's name under Quotes. Let me know if I missed something and I'll edit it.
    Let's hope Lucca has nothing serious wrong and is back in a couple of weeks. He is really a key this season. I keep hearing good things about the chemistry and the leadership on this team, this should translate into more wins....

Go Cyclones!!

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 878

Re: For those who missed McDermott

There's a link to the quotes in the other thread.

Edit:These quotes left out Dominique as an "impressive newcomer".