Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 284

For all Clone fans 25 or younger

This Lucca Surgery thing made me laugh. Yeah I know surgery is nothing to laugh at. I just heard it on the news last night and thought that every single Cyclone fan under 25 might jump off a cliff.

I am here as a older Cyclone fan (that is what my wife called me). Don't jump yet. It never get's any better. It's one thing after another with the Cyclones. Yet every 10 years something really cool happens like the Insite.com bowl, the elite 8.

It's just that you have to take all the Cyclone crap to get there. If your looking for a bright spot you might inch closer to the cliff every year. The bright spots in Cyclone sports pretty much just happen. It's never a planned thing. The year the team went to the elite 8 nobody knew it would happen. We just went along for the ride.

The year we went to a bowl game and won. We did not know that would happen.

So just sit back and relax. Get kicked in the nads about every 6 months because it will never end at Iowa State. We just have to wait it out and something will finally be good and then we can feel even better.

Addict
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 42

Re: For all Clone fans 25 or younger

I am 23 and have been out of school for a year and a half. I have been a Clone fan my whole life. I am well aware how dire our past has been and our present currently is, but that doesn't mean it can't change. You could argue that being "young" means that people like me still have hope for the future. I will always be a Clone fan, no matter the torment and agony they put me through.

But thanks for telling us just to accept the fact that we will perpetually suck.

POOTMFS
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

[quote=Knownothing;686185]So just sit back and relax. Get kicked in the nads about every 6 weeks because it will never end at Iowa State./quote]
    Fixed it for ya.

All-Star
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 70

I assume you're voting for JM, with that "don't hope for anything better, this is the best it gets" attitude.

No, I do not and will not support BO.

And thanks for the heads up prior to NCC renewals. I'll make sure to keep my donation at a low level.

Last edited by Cyclone06; 10-23-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Recruit
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 563
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    I am 23 and have been out of school for a year and a half. I have been a Clone fan my whole life. I am well aware how dire our past has been and our present currently is, but that doesn't mean it can't change. You could argue that being "young" means that people like me still have hope for the future. I will always be a Clone fan, no matter the torment and agony they put me through.

But thanks for telling us just to accept the fact that we will perpetually suck.
    I agree. What a horrible message to send to the young among us. I am 25, but I understand that we have had hard times for a long time. Judging from that information, we should accept mediocrity and not hope for anything better except for once every 10 years? Just because we are upset at an injury to a projected starter doesn't mean we are suicidal.

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post

I dont think he meant that at all.
    I think he meant not to hit the panic button everytime a shoelace comes untied. Seems to happen a lot since the inter-web thing came along.

Here's to a victory over Aggie saturday!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The great thing is, since '00 & '01 we know where our programs can go, we tasted sucess and it raised expectations. My expectations for football is to compete for the Big XII North Title every single year, if we do that we're bowling. Basketball, we should be competing for the Big XII Championship and going to post-season play every year.

The thing that trips my trigger is Mac let it get away (God bless him for even getting us ranked and bowling) and Eustachy had personal demons that still haunt our mens basketball team.

Oh well, it's a roller coaster ride, it's been a fun one for the past 36 years.

"The Constituiton...is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they please."- - -Thomas Jefferson, Sept. 6, 1819.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Read the post, then read the handle of who posted it. Then decide whether it was worth getting worked up over.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Everyone seems to be overly pessimistic on here lately. I'm believing that Lucca goes in, gets his knee scoped, and they find nothing serious and he's back on the floor in 2-3 weeks. No one knows yet, not even the insiders on how serious or not serious his injury is.

When we have our entire fan base expecting the worst, how do you think things will come out? I'm tired of hearing about how "We are Iowa State" so we are going to get screwed. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, but why can't we ever think that something good is going to happen? I'm not talking good like the Kool-Aid people were drinking before the Football season began, I'm talking about we win this weekend and finish the season strong. Instead, we are getting barraged with countless threads calling for coaches heads, why does this always happen to Iowa State, why are we pathetic threads.

Why aren't we talking about the good things that are happening (WBB, Wrestling) and the start of MBB? Laughing at ourselves for running into a goal post? Or even talking about how we can win this Saturday and what it'll mean for the team? or the outlook of the rest of our schedule and what happens if we finish the season going .500 in our remaining games?

And no every post doesn't need to be positive, and I get the negative posts, but it seems that's all we have on here anymore.

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

At home football games, I sit behind some guys that went to ISU in the 70s. When I get uptight or ****** about something, and start yelling, they just laugh and say I remind them of themselves when they were my age...I guess after a while you just laugh at the stuff we Cyclone fans go through.

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

I swear this must the theme song for Cyclone and Cubs fans because we've been teased with some bright moments so many times only to get knocked back down to reality that our team usually sucks more times than not.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4iU0yx9GY]YouTube - Chumbawamba - Tubthumping[/ame]

Go Cubs Go!

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Pretty much you guys all got my post wrong.

I am saying don't jump off a cliff every time we get hosed or someone get's hurt or anything Cyclone like. You will turn to psych ward if you do. THe point I was making was everytime I think we have something, something else bad happens.

Then you had to go and take the post to somewhere else. I am just saying us older people have been through this our whole life. It never changes.

I remember when I was little a guy named Jeff Braswell was going to be one of our best linebackers ever. He had spead and talent. To short for the NFL but a great college linebacker. He was our Bosworth. Well Braswell got screwed by the NCAA (imagine that). That is my first memory of all this stuff that happens to us. I am just saying if you think Lucca and Wes are the ending of this crazy stuff you are going to jump off a cliff. It never ends.

You just have to wait. Something eventually will happen.

It's like going to a bar and you think you have scored a hottie and the hotties main goal is to hook you up with her fat friend. Eventually though you will get that hottie. Oh sure she will break up with you six months later but for that 6 months. You walk tall.

All-Star
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Pretty much you guys all got my post wrong.

I am saying don't jump off a cliff every time we get hosed or someone get's hurt or anything Cyclone like. You will turn to psych ward if you do. THe point I was making was everytime I think we have something, something else bad happens.

Then you had to go and take the post to somewhere else. I am just saying us older people have been through this our whole life. It never changes.

I remember when I was little a guy named Jeff Braswell was going to be one of our best linebackers ever. He had spead and talent. To short for the NFL but a great college linebacker. He was our Bosworth. Well Braswell got screwed by the NCAA (imagine that). That is my first memory of all this stuff that happens to us. I am just saying if you think Lucca and Wes are the ending of this crazy stuff you are going to jump off a cliff. It never ends.

You just have to wait. Something eventually will happen.

It's like going to a bar and you think you have scored a hottie and the hotties main goal is to hook you up with her fat friend. Eventually though you will get that hottie. Oh sure she will break up with you six months later but for that 6 months. You walk tall.
    Your attitude is the reason it never changes. If you want something to change, you got to change it yourself.

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Your attitude is the reason it never changes. If you want something to change, you got to change it yourself.
    If that the case I would like to applogize to every Cyclone fan out there. For the last 100+ years my attitude of "don't jump off the cliff" has been holding you down and making our teams lose.

The fact that I have been a clone fan my whole life and have been responsible for Lucca Staiger, Jeff Braswell, Wesley Johnson, Larry E, and the rest of the bad things that have happen and kept buying tickets every single stinking year and now I find out it was all my fault. So I appologize and hope you all can forgive me. Please don't take it out on me at every game you see me at for the next 50 years.

I will continue to buy tickets and root. Hopefully I won't cause any more people to transfer, get hurt, or turn there backs on the program. Hopefully I will not cause any more hurt.

Legend
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 524

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    If that the case I would like to applogize to every Cyclone fan out there. For the last 100+ years my attitude of "don't jump off the cliff" has been holding you down and making our teams lose.
    Sorry,but "don't jump off a cliff" was hardly what I got from your original post. More like another poster's attitude that "We've never been good, and never will be!"