Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 1

Wayne Bolt doesn't read CF!!

"I ain't got time for no darn message boards," he said. "I'm up at 4:30 (for work) and I go to bed at midnight."

He also says not to "boo the kids". He says to "get on the web page and drill me."

ISU football: Cyclones have a plan; thanks for advice, anyway | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 257

Re: Wayne Bolt doesn't read CF!!

LOL, good for him. Im a fan of Bolt.

"They say 'Are you listening?' " Bolt recalled. "I say 'Oh, yeah.'

" 'Are going to do it?' And I say, 'No.' "

Legend
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 22

McFarland is on Cotlar right now. Said he admits to being too conservative since Bates has left because Tiller doesn't know enough of the offense yet. Said they are really struggling at tackle and thats why they are moving Lamack back out and unable to use the Tight ends as receivers.

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 12

He isn't the one I want reading CF. Its McFarland who I want reading this. Hey, Robby, no more 6 yard routes on 3rd and 8.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I like the the whole coaching staff seems to be straight shooters but those stats in the article give me the whillys. We are not even competitive.

In August I look forward to football along with some tailgating. In October I look forward to tailgating and I might see some good football. Might as well make the most of tailgating!

"where there is pain, let us bring grace. for those afraid, let us be brave. where there is misery, let us bring relief. let us be the remedy" dc*b

http://billclarkproject52.blogspot.com/

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Good job out of Bolt.

I think he's doing a fine job on defense, especially getting these guys to generate turnovers. We just don't have the experience to read and react quite yet. It'll come in time.

On a side note, I'm listening to McFarland on Cotlar right now and believe it or not...he is taking blame for the conservativeness of the offense. He said he needs to let Austen run the offense the way they intended and not always try to protect him. Now, I'll believe it when I see it but it's nice to hear him say it.

Too many times he has been the one coach to throw the players under the bus in a backhanded way and this time despite saying it takes execution he definitely seemed to be shouldering most of the blame.

Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 450
    Given: 307

I wonder if this means we might see a more "wide open" playbook on Saturday.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    McFarland is on Cotlar right now. Said he admits to being too conservative since Bates has left because Tiller doesn't know enough of the offense yet. Said they are really struggling at tackle and thats why they are moving Lamack back out and unable to use the Tight ends as receivers.
    Anyone who doubts the staff wants to win should read that quote carefully. Moving guys around to try and shore up a bad line is a great indication that this staff won't sit around and hope their initial plans always work out.

Things like that keep my hopes up for the future.

Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64

I know these guys are busting their butts and while it's been pretty rough watching the team this year I'll be there until the final whistle as a member of the Bitter End Club.

Nobody is happy about the way the team is playing let alone the guys that work 16+ hours a day to make them play well. Saturday sucked, and we are all aware of it. I'm not going to make any grand sweeping judgments about this coaching staff yet, it's just too dang early.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 242

It is the offense that is the major problem still - it has been three years of the same. We remain too predictable and we do not break tackles except way back to the last Missouri game for Mac. We know ARob is fast if he is given a chance, but this current clump ball does not give him a chance. We know Bass can skirt the ends, but the clump ball negates his slices. We do not expect to run much ever in the Big 12 (well, just look at the other Big 12 teams and what they do). We do expect passing the ball downfield and some receivers breaking a tackle with a stiff arm. We would like to see one stiff arm this Saturday. That would be CHANGE.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 69

It was ignorant as heck that anyone thought D1 college coaches had the time to read message boards.

Rookie
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by d4nim4l View Post
    Good job out of Bolt.

I think he's doing a fine job on defense, especially getting these guys to generate turnovers. We just don't have the experience to read and react quite yet. It'll come in time.
    And how much difference would it make if our offense could actually take some of those turnovers and punch them in the end zone? It's got to be demoralizing for the defense to come up with a big stand/turnover only to be forced back out on the field before they can even finish their gatorade.

Starter
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Our coordinators taking the blame is only the first step in the process. They need to change what they're doing! It looks like they've already changed some personnel for this week, but the preparation and in-game adjustments are so crucial to success. Our last three losses have shown our coordinators inability to do those things. Kansas made adjustments at half and kicked our butt in the second half. The Baylor and Nebraska games showed that we were flat out unprepared and our staff was unable or unwilling to adjust at the half.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by d4nim4l View Post
    Good job out of Bolt.

I don't get it.....From Bolts own mouth he muttered Iowa State fans want to win......from my perspective, ISU fans are not on here proclaiming we should be 6-1 and in the hunt for a major bowl - we simply expect progress. Right now, our team is not progressing - its regressing and imo its from both the coordinators being too conservative.

On defense - lets sit in the cover 2 zone for the game - hmmmmmm wonder how many qb's in the big 12 have seen that defense - all you have to do is watch the KU game last year where we sat in that same defense with no pass rush and Reesing simply kept hitting crossing patterns for 20-70 yards at a pop. The reason its so easy is not athletes or talent, imo its scheme. Were so vanilla out there, after the first series, the opposing team makes an adjustment and off they go.

On offense - several times we had NU confused on defense and rather then catching them off guard we did the look over which to me is ******** because we never change the play anyway and that gives the opposing defense time to adjust and they did. Our OL has been terrible since the beginning of the season. Why did we shake it up from last year? I thought our line was gellin at the end of the year suddenly were throwing this guy here and that guy there because we think it will be better. Well, after 7 games of terrible play the experiment is over. Why adjust now ??? Why not three weeks ago when our offense was struggling then? We have not been able to run against anyone....Without the running ability, that short passing game is going to get blown up. And the passing game - wow, its like Meyer is back (And i loved meyer by the way) but the single read qb in todays game is history. If your guy is covered for gods sake don't throw it to him anyway, look for another - maybe he don't have time. And if thats the case, then tell me this, what better way to protect a terrible line then have a qb that can take it to the house at any time. Maybe Bates should have gotten more snaps, maybe just maybe like he did against Iowa, we would have seen more of those 50+ yard runs by our qb.

On a different note, i understand why bates left. He saw the coaches were favoring AA and saw the writing on the wall. Was his timing terrible YES, But from his perspective i could see how in his opinion the ISU coaches werent looking out for his best interest so why return the favor. For him as it was when he was in high school, this is the high time for recruiting, he knew that if he waited til the year was over, many programs would have already filled their QB schollie, so his choices would be greatly reduced. By deciding early did it hurt our team no doubt, but for HIM, i think it was his best choice.

Please dont misunderstand my views, i fully support our staff, and know they know what to do, but, i also think based on the product being put on the field, the game plans have not been creative or effective the last two weeks. That has to go back to the coaches. The same athletes that had the #16 team in the nation on their heels have looked like the worst team in Div. 1 the last two weeks. Its not the players - its the game plans and game time adjustments!!!! Lastly, this staff is in it for the long haul, thats evident by redshirting the guys that need to be redshirted for their and the programs own good. Thats completely respected and understood. We don't need to win this year for me to be satisfied with the product on the field, simply compete and show something different then the same offensive and defensive plays we've seen the last two weeks, thats not working!!!!

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 257

Quote Originally Posted by leg4cy View Post
    Kansas made adjustments at half and kicked our butt in the second half. .
    They kicked our butt in the 3rd quarter. The 4th was somewhat a draw. We made adjustments too.