Rivals Top 120 College Teams
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Rivals Top 120 College Teams

Rivals.com College Football - Ranking them all: Rivals.com 120 at 1:20

Not really suprised where they had us I guess.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 47

Re: Rivals Top 120 College Teams

I am. I thought we would be in the 90's for sure.

Walk On
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

surprising at the higher than expected rating.

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9

Hey, we're the 2nd best 2-5 team in the nation!

I think what prevents us from being Bottom 10 fodder is the strength of conference this year.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 889

Gee, K-State right above us. A&M just below...

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

87. TEXAS A&M (2-5)
    THE BUZZ: If the Aggies lose Saturday, they pretty much wrap up the title of "worst team in the Big 12." NEXT: Saturday, at Iowa State.

I pray we dont get that title

Speechless
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 882
    Given: 622

Hope we can throw more than a 4 yard pass when we play them.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,149
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 30

i was thinking lower 90s so i am happy with the results

Hooray for Metaphors!

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I see Texas A&M monkey-stomping us, and looking like an NFL team that will dominate the Super Bowl.

It's ISU tradition to make the weakest teams look unbeatable.

That's what happens when a team quits, 4 games into a season.

I'm baaack! See my Hot Milk For Breakfast blog under Social Groups for more details

Addict
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 321
    Given: 182

I am really surprised we are that high. Our last two losses, poundings none the less, came at the hands of two not very good teams.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    I am really surprised we are that high. Our last two losses, poundings none the less, came at the hands of two not very good teams.
    i guess i dont understand that.....i heard a lot of ISU fans saying the same thing at the game on saturday. Baylor albeit not a great team could be a bowl team and in the Big 12 north could likely beat ISU, KSU, and CU. Nebraska is only 4-3, however, they have lost to two teams that are ranked in the top 15 by 6 points each one of which was in overtime. In both of those losses we were in a position to win the game and the games were certainly not over until at least 1 minute to go in the game. We did lose to MU very badly, simply put we could not get pressure on Daniel and that is what you have to do to beat MU as has been proven by Okie state and Texas. On top of all that NU has played the NUMBER 1 strength of schedule in the COUNTRY.

You have to realize that NU is probably only 2-3 plays from being 6-1 and likely ranked in the top 25. we are by no means a great team, but we certainly are not a bad team.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 490
    Given: 2,076

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I see Texas A&M monkey-stomping us, and looking like an NFL team that will dominate the Super Bowl.

It's ISU tradition to make the weakest teams look unbeatable.

That's what happens when a team quits, 4 games into a season.
    I agree completely, it was obvious to me we've packed it in after the KU meltdown.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Addict
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 321
    Given: 182

Quote Originally Posted by huskerman View Post
    i guess i dont understand that.....i heard a lot of ISU fans saying the same thing at the game on saturday. Baylor albeit not a great team could be a bowl team and in the Big 12 north could likely beat ISU, KSU, and CU. Nebraska is only 4-3, however, they have lost to two teams that are ranked in the top 15 by 6 points each one of which was in overtime. In both of those losses we were in a position to win the game and the games were certainly not over until at least 1 minute to go in the game. We did lose to MU very badly, simply put we could not get pressure on Daniel and that is what you have to do to beat MU as has been proven by Okie state and Texas. On top of all that NU has played the NUMBER 1 strength of schedule in the COUNTRY.

You have to realize that NU is probably only 2-3 plays from being 6-1 and likely ranked in the top 25. we are by no means a great team, but we certainly are not a bad team.
    There were a couple of years recently we could have said the same thing. It didn't change the fact that we weren't a good football team. Good football teams win games. Sorry, I'm not a moral victory type of guy.

I just don't think either of them, Nebby or Baylor are that good of teams. Watching Nebraska, they never really took charge of the game or put it away from us until the 4th quarter. And you had plenty of chances. Don't get me wrong, Knowing what finally happened, yeah, we got blown out. But even late in teh 3rd quarter, it looked like we had a shot. Watching that game, I didn't see anything that made me think, "Wow, we are getting it handed to us because this team is just that awesome." Sorry, but, the last 10 quarters of football, ISU has just been that bad.

I think Nebby and Baylor are both Decent teams. And hopefully they will be bowl bound. I'm just not seeing anything in either of them that makes me think they'd really compete with the top tier teams.

Basically though, I really wasn't trying to Bash Baylor or Nebraska. Believe me you guys beat us hand over fist. It was more that I was trying to say we've had a lot of points scored against us, without scoring any points ourselves. Against teams that weren't known for Defense and may be decent teams, but shouldn't be the type of team to walk in and blow you out week after week. I was slamming on ISU. We aren't a good football team right now and I'm sorry if you don't like to hear it, but, getting blown out by Baylor and then Nebraska pretty much makes me think we should have been further back on that list.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    There were a couple of years recently we could have said the same thing. It didn't change the fact that we weren't a good football team. Good football teams win games. Sorry, I'm not a moral victory type of guy.

I just don't think either of them, Nebby or Baylor are that good of teams. Watching Nebraska, they never really took charge of the game or put it away from us until the 4th quarter. And you had plenty of chances. Don't get me wrong, Knowing what finally happened, yeah, we got blown out. But even late in teh 3rd quarter, it looked like we had a shot. Watching that game, I didn't see anything that made me think, "Wow, we are getting it handed to us because this team is just that awesome." Sorry, but, the last 10 quarters of football, ISU has just been that bad.

I think Nebby and Baylor are both Decent teams. And hopefully they will be bowl bound. I'm just not seeing anything in either of them that makes me think they'd really compete with the top tier teams.

Basically though, I really wasn't trying to Bash Baylor or Nebraska. Believe me you guys beat us hand over fist. It was more that I was trying to say we've had a lot of points scored against us, without scoring any points ourselves. Against teams that weren't known for Defense and may be decent teams, but shouldn't be the type of team to walk in and blow you out week after week. I was slamming on ISU. We aren't a good football team right now and I'm sorry if you don't like to hear it, but, getting blown out by Baylor and then Nebraska pretty much makes me think we should have been further back on that list.
    agreed, im not saying that NU is a great team. all i am saying is that they are not as bad as their record would have you believe......and i am also not a moral victory type of guy (actually meant to put that in the original post). Basically Baylors Qb ran for 102 yds on a very good and he is rated around 15 nationally OU defense and Ganz is rated as the number 12 Qb nationally and was already completing 70% of his passes before the ISU game. Not only that, NU has one of the better run defenses in the big 12 and Arnaud has not proven to be a very good QB.......not that he wont but so far he has looked below average.

to be honest i completely knew that the game would be won by NU after the first drive for each team. NU was just moving the ball in huge chunks and ISU i dont believe cracked 40 yds at half time?

i am watching the game right now and this game was not nearly as close as it even appeared to be by the score. Pelini has shown that he is not the type of coach to run up the score, and it showed on saturday as he clearly went into prevent mode on defense in the second half and the offense started going to their base packages play after play.

another thought about NU not being very good is that we did hold TTech to less total yds than we had the week before.....how many teams can say that? you are correct that they did not run as many plays as us but is that not the way you win football games? control the clock and move the ball, the longer your offense is on the field the less time the other teams offense is on the field.