Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,323
    Given: 272
    I have heard from 2 people so far today that KJ was let go as the head coach of gymnastics and will be taking over at Oklahoma. The first person I talked to said she was going to be the coach at OU, but didnt know why she left ISU, and the 2nd person I talked to said she was fired.

Jermey, have yo heard anything about this??

If KJ was fired by Pollard, I will have to say this would be the first decision that he has made that I will highly disagree with, since the gymnastics team was so sucessful this year.

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 415
    Given: 369
    She has left the program. He didn't fire her, she gave him an ultimatum that we was not able to meet so she resigned. From my understanding, she had requested some big budgetary increases and facility improvements that Jamie was not able to grant at the present time.

She was a good coach but there are some monetary limits regarding revenue, etc that did not seem to fit what she had wanted.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeremy &#064; Jun 8 2006, 12&#58;52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    She has left the program. He didn&#39;t fire her, she gave him an ultimatum that we was not able to meet so she resigned. From my understanding, she had requested some big budgetary increases and facility improvements that Jamie was not able to grant at the present time.

She was a good coach but there are some monetary limits regarding revenue, etc that did not seem to fit what she had wanted.
    [/b][/quote]

Here&#39;s a link from an Oklahoma newspaper…
    http://www.oudaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART...8/448855cbecddf

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    This still really bothers me. All she was looking for was air conditioning in Beyer Hall. I don&#39;t know if any of you have been in that place recently but it is like 100+ degrees in there. Our gymnastics facilities are a joke and we still finished 6th in the country. Plus KJ is pregnant and I don&#39;t know if she could handle being in there with all that heat.

I really like some of Jamie&#39;s department moves but this one still bothers me. She was the best coach we had (2 time Big 12 coach of the year and 2005 national coach of the year) and now she left to a conference rival.

Rookie
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clone Fan &#064; 06&#045;23&#045;06 8&#58;06 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> This still really bothers me. All she was looking for was air conditioning in Beyer Hall. I don&#39;t know if any of you have been in that place recently but it is like 100+ degrees in there. Our gymnastics facilities are a joke and we still finished 6th in the country. Plus KJ is pregnant and I don&#39;t know if she could handle being in there with all that heat.

I really like some of Jamie&#39;s department moves but this one still bothers me. She was the best coach we had (2 time Big 12 coach of the year and 2005 national coach of the year) and now she left to a conference rival.

[/b][/quote]

Well, whatever transpired, they obviously both couldn&#39;t agree. I hate to see her go, but JP also realizes that he needs to worry about football and bball at the moment seeing as gymnastics brings in zero revenue. Shoot, gymnastics isn&#39;t even that well know nationally. Ask the average person on the street what the "Super 6" is.

Shoot, ask the average cyclone fan how the gymnastics team did this year.

It&#39;s unfortunate, but you figure OU is to the point where their football and bball are good to go. Now they can just spend all their time and money trying to make the other sports better.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clone Fan &#064; 06&#045;23&#045;06 8&#58;06 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> This still really bothers me. All she was looking for was air conditioning in Beyer Hall. I don&#39;t know if any of you have been in that place recently but it is like 100+ degrees in there. Our gymnastics facilities are a joke and we still finished 6th in the country. Plus KJ is pregnant and I don&#39;t know if she could handle being in there with all that heat.

[/b][/quote] I doubt it was all about air conditioning. Yes, the area is warm and cramped I might add, so my guess is KJ received a substantial offer from OU and tried to use that as leverage to quickly enhance the conditions of the gymnasts training facility. KJ was in a no lose situation. She was certainly great for ISU, but life goes on.

Walk On
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Jamie Pollard was on Steve Deace&#39;s radio show on 1040AM yesterday evening. Steve specifically asked about KJ Kindler leaving due to facilities issues.

Jamie said that this was a prime example of why the master plan on facilities is a must. KJ told Jamie what she felt she needed in order to bring a national championship to Iowa State. Jamie replied with the best that the athletic department could offer. It was not enough and KJ ended up making the best decision for herself.

Jamie stated that he was mad. Not at KJ. Not at himself or his staff. Just simply mad about the situation. Here was a person who had been associated with ISU for ten years, was an alum, and had brought ISU to the top of the collegiate gymnastics world. Yet, ISU couldn&#39;t offer her what she needed to bring the program to a whole new level of excellence. Instead, we lose one of the top coaches in the country to a conference rival.

BillyClone