Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 60,612, Level: 76
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,038
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jtdoyle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,541
    Points
    60,612
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 33

    ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    Quote from ESPN.com's Pat Forde:

    "Iowa State (9) parted ways with Dan McCarney, rating a 4 on the surprise meter after his 12 years on the job. The Cyclones replaced him Monday with The Dash's top choice for a career assistant prepared to be a star head coach, Texas defensive coordinator Gene Chizik. If Chizik doesn't succeed, The Dash will buy a round for every Cyclone fan five years from now in Ames. Provided The Dash ever gets to Ames."

    Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...pat&id=2678412



  2. #2
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    amyk33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,145
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    I hope I don't need to, but just in case, my order is a Miller Lite. Thanks!


    **Not every life is perfect, but every life is precious. Support Rescue.**
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/nebraskabostonterrierrescue.html

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 129,561, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tim_redd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    8,032
    Points
    129,561
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 457
    Given: 308

    Re: ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    Number one was a good one:

    Notre Ame [1] -- as in, no D -- T-shirts sold separately



  4. #4
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    amyk33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,145
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    Funny, I included the link below...

    Song Of The Year

    The Memphis radio guy's "Coach O Song" (33), a tribute to the highbrow oratory of Ole Miss coach Ed Orgeron. If you haven't heard it, find it. Anyone familiar with Orgeron's lingual skillz will die laughing.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63PnSDrGHRw"]Link[/ame]


    **Not every life is perfect, but every life is precious. Support Rescue.**
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/nebraskabostonterrierrescue.html

  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 10,720, Level: 31
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    658
    Points
    10,720
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

    That is awesome.
    ++rep



  6. #6
    Walk On
    Points: 8,342, Level: 27
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    180
    Points
    8,342
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    Quote Originally Posted by amyk33 View Post
    Funny, I included the link below...

    Song Of The Year

    The Memphis radio guy's "Coach O Song" (33), a tribute to the highbrow oratory of Ole Miss coach Ed Orgeron. If you haven't heard it, find it. Anyone familiar with Orgeron's lingual skillz will die laughing.

    Link
    Here's a video of it, and it's hilarious.

    http://firemarkmay.blogspot.com/2006...le-tastic.html



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 9,585, Level: 29
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    minnclone99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rompots
    Posts
    365
    Points
    9,585
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    Quote Originally Posted by jtdoyle1 View Post
    Quote from ESPN.com's Pat Forde:

    "Iowa State (9) parted ways with Dan McCarney, rating a 4 on the surprise meter after his 12 years on the job. The Cyclones replaced him Monday with The Dash's top choice for a career assistant prepared to be a star head coach, Texas defensive coordinator Gene Chizik. If Chizik doesn't succeed, The Dash will buy a round for every Cyclone fan five years from now in Ames. Provided The Dash ever gets to Ames."

    Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...pat&id=2678412
    His lack of clearly defined metrics make this bet pretty much worthless. So much for a free Blue Label on Mr. Forde.

    Not that it will matter of course, this is a great hire.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 10,729, Level: 31
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    917
    Points
    10,729
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    Bad Rule Change Of The Year

    The speed-up-the-game (34) efforts of the NCAA were laudable in theory (we do not need four-hour football games) but not so laudable in practice. The impact on offensive numbers and late-game strategy was too significant to stand. An NCAA source said we can expect at least a moderate revamping of that rule in the offseason.

    I was very glad to see this.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 23,146, Level: 46
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    EggMcClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,374
    Points
    23,146
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    Ha, I love the Coach O song. And seeing him in a [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7wzhMvbzo"]commercial for a Hummer dealership[/ame] made it even better.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,251, Level: 67
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,099
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,444
    Points
    47,251
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 35

    Re: ESPN.com-Forde Yard Dash

    Quote Originally Posted by timc243 View Post
    Bad Rule Change Of The Year

    The speed-up-the-game (34) efforts of the NCAA were laudable in theory (we do not need four-hour football games) but not so laudable in practice. The impact on offensive numbers and late-game strategy was too significant to stand. An NCAA source said we can expect at least a moderate revamping of that rule in the offseason.

    I was very glad to see this.

    i hated this rule with a pasion, i hope they get rid of it..its just dumb


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 10, 2016
  • 08:00 PM