Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 506
    Given: 80

Re: Garretts

Garrett might hold the key to our season more than any other Cyclone. If he is strong enough with the ball to make teams back off we will be able to get into our offense much easier than last season. He is also the only real slasher on the team as well. We need him to average double figures this season if we are going to win a couple games we aren't expected to.

(i hope i am not being too optimistic for some)

Pro
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 2

Good write-up; thanks for posting.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 37

Beat me to the post...that write up got me excited for the season though! His dad is thinking a break out year for Diante...(Lets all hope!)

At the end he claims he should be starting more this year...If he isn't starting every game (barring injury, knock knock) then **** is gonna hit the fan, he best be our starting PG...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Garrett might hold the key to our season more than any other Cyclone. If he is strong enough with the ball to make teams back off we will be able to get into our offense much easier than last season. He is also the only real slasher on the team as well. We need him to average double figures this season if we are going to win a couple games we aren't expected to.

DG is definately the key to the season...If he is getting to the rim and finishing; teams are going to start backing off. Can DG knock down the open jumper? Can he make the correct read? I trust him...but we'll see.

Addict
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 61

Kg,

How do you figure Buckley will fit into the line up this year with Diante? Who will be point?

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 806

I hope you're being too REALISTIC for most.

Man, I dunno, puttiing facts and possibilities into the equation....

The last time I saw everyone moaning and complaining like this, a kid named Brack--er, Fizer was all we had, and people were just delusional that an unheralded juco point guard was going to be any help at all. Kid named Tinsley, who couldn't even graduate from high school. The rest ot the team was just a bunch of nobodies. Turned out to be a horrible season, I'm sure.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    Kg,

How do you figure Buckley will fit into the line up this year with Diante? Who will be point?
    Ultimately I think Buckley is your point gaurd...DG is probably a natural 2 guard, but it's hard to say until you see the team out there. If DG is the only one that can break down the defense, you are forced to leave him at point. I'm sure the staff will sort through it, but during recruiting Buckley was recruited to run the show. Also, Lucca is a natural 2 guard...Nice to have depth at the gaurd, but we need to find a way to make it work.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

See this is still my complaint from last year. I never understood why Mac played Brian Peterson at the expense of Diante's minutes (no offense to Brian).

When you aren't going to be good, and we weren't going to be good last year, then look to the future. Let him take his lumps then, and speed up the learning curve. Every minute Petey took from DG slows the building process.

Brackins, and Diante are the foundation of the immediate future of this program. Now you add in this group, and we will see who makes it through without leaving, you have to play them, let them make their mistakes, and grow as a unit.

I really have a problem with retarding the growth of your future to win 14 games instead of 11. That made, and makes, no sense to me.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 506
    Given: 80

Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    Ultimately I think Buckley is your point gaurd...DG is probably a natural 2 guard, but it's hard to say until you see the team out there. If DG is the only one that can break down the defense, you are forced to leave him at point. I'm sure the staff will sort through it, but during recruiting Buckley was recruited to run the show. Also, Lucca is a natural 2 guard...Nice to have depth at the gaurd, but we need to find a way to make it work.
    I think we'll see DG start the season at the point, then depending on Buckley's development he will get more and more minutes.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

HAHA, there is a difference between optimism and delusion. So far you haven't crossed that line.

Now send some of that optimism to the FB program, the two are not at dissimilar points in their development.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215

Agree, the season will go as Diante goes. He needs to be able to set people up and finish at the rim. If the shooters are as good as advertised it should lead to some kickout opportunities and whatnot. I expect him to average double figures and be All-Big 12 honorable mention at least.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones78227 View Post
    See this is still my complaint from last year. I never understood why Mac played Brian Peterson at the expense of Diante's minutes (no offense to Brian).

When you aren't going to be good, and we weren't going to be good last year, then look to the future. Let him take his lumps then, and speed up the learning curve. Every minute Petey took from DG slows the building process.

Brackins, and Diante are the foundation of the immediate future of this program. Now you add in this group, and we will see who makes it through without leaving, you have to play them, let them make their mistakes, and grow as a unit.

I really have a problem with retarding the growth of your future to win 14 games instead of 11. That made, and makes, no sense to me.
    DG was not ready to handle the point by himself early last year...He would probably tell you the samething. This year he can handle it...With that said Mac does have a tendency to bring guards along slow...confidence thing.

Legend
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 806

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones78227 View Post

1. Diante was not ready to play, perhaps should have redshirted. Especialy early in the year, he probably didn't have the strength for more minutes.

2. It may be hard to believe, but it's much easier to sell even fourteen wins when recruiting than it is eleven, and losing by ten consistently instead of losing by twenty or thirty. Mac was thinking about the future--the guys he was recruiting. Is, in the case of one HB.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think we'll see DG start the season at the point, then depending on Buckley's development he will get more and more minutes.
    When I say Buckley is the point guard of the future...next year. He's just learning the offense. Backup point this year.