Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
  1. #1
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,273
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Are you guys serious??? Like really?

    I mean, our team played a horrible game yesterday. There was a lot going on. I think it's fair to say that the players and coaching staff were not prepared for the game. It is kind of hard when a key guy leaves the team just 2 days before a game.

    I am honestly ashamed of so many of you that are just giving up on the team and saying this season is over, pointless and all of that. I don't see what's wrong with cheering the guys on.

    If you want the program to be good, you have to support the team. If you don't, then it will never happen. If you're seriously considering not going to games for this season, or are ready to check out, then I'm sorry but turn in your Cyclone-fan card.

    I have a feeling a lot of you guys never competed in sports. I didn't at the NCAA level, but with guys at this age, you need to support the team. There is so much more to the game thans wins and losses. Yes as fans we all like wins and hate losses, but I think most of you have NO IDEA what it means to compete and do so at a high level. When a program is in turmoil, we gotta cheer hard!

    I go through this with so many about the bball team as well. There is improvement; you have to actually watch the games not read the box scores.

    We had a setback, and it was dissapointing, but it's time to move on. If we can play close to Kansas, I don't see why we couldn't play close to Nebraska, A&M, K-State, and Colorado and perhaps win some of these games.

    I'm just real dissapointed with a lot of these "fans". Giving up on the teams during rough times doesn't make you a fan. It makes you a loser.

    Remember, recruits are visiting campus and all of that. If you REALLY want the program to improve, cheer on the team, root hard, perhaps we'll win some unexpected games. Let's show our team, along with visiting teams, visiting fans, and recruits what Cyclone Country is all about.

    If ISU is going to be successful, it's going to start with the fans!



  2. #2
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Antonio. Tx
    Posts
    215
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    Are you guys serious??? Like really?

    I mean, our team played a horrible game yesterday. There was a lot going on. I think it's fair to say that the players and coaching staff were not prepared for the game. It is kind of hard when a key guy leaves the team just 2 days before a game.

    I am honestly ashamed of so many of you that are just giving up on the team and saying this season is over, pointless and all of that. I don't see what's wrong with cheering the guys on.

    If you want the program to be good, you have to support the team. If you don't, then it will never happen. If you're seriously considering not going to games for this season, or are ready to check out, then I'm sorry but turn in your Cyclone-fan card.

    I have a feeling a lot of you guys never competed in sports. I didn't at the NCAA level, but with guys at this age, you need to support the team. There is so much more to the game thans wins and losses. Yes as fans we all like wins and hate losses, but I think most of you have NO IDEA what it means to compete and do so at a high level. When a program is in turmoil, we gotta cheer hard!

    I go through this with so many about the bball team as well. There is improvement; you have to actually watch the games not read the box scores.

    We had a setback, and it was dissapointing, but it's time to move on. If we can play close to Kansas, I don't see why we couldn't play close to Nebraska, A&M, K-State, and Colorado and perhaps win some of these games.

    I'm just real dissapointed with a lot of these "fans". Giving up on the teams during rough times doesn't make you a fan. It makes you a loser.

    Remember, recruits are visiting campus and all of that. If you REALLY want the program to improve, cheer on the team, root hard, perhaps we'll win some unexpected games. Let's show our team, along with visiting teams, visiting fans, and recruits what Cyclone Country is all about.

    If ISU is going to be successful, it's going to start with the fans!

    What he said.

    Darn fine job out of you sir.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 118,234, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,563
    Points
    118,234
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 90

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Good grief man, we just got blown out by the perrenial bottom feeder of the Big 12!! A 4 touchdown loss only a week after taking Kansas down to the wire.

    I think its OK to show some frustration, we're only 24 hours removed from quite possibly the lowest point of this coaching staff's era.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 13,520, Level: 35
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Longmont, CO
    Posts
    671
    Points
    13,520
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Some frustration is ok but the board has gotten a little crazy.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 66,463, Level: 80
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,587
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,800
    Points
    66,463
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 2

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Don't worry my friend. It's just a frustration mechanism. Most of the people here will be at the Nebraska game (albeit 5 minutes into the 1st quarter). Unfortunately for the more casual fan, that may not be the case. That is what Jamie Pollard has to worry about.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 188,344, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,501
    Points
    188,344
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 114

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Its frustration from a lot of us. I hate to lose and that comes from competing in sports. I know there are those that didnt play sports here but some of us did are we are still upset. We as fans have gave a lot to ISU and have saw very little winning the past few years. We are frustrated. I'm getting tierd of the wait until next year, we have been doing that since 2002 in FB. Its not that our team lost its the way they lost.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 185,759, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,374
    Points
    185,759
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 328

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    Good grief man, we just got blown out by the perrenial bottom feeder of the Big 12!! A 4 touchdown loss only a week after taking Kansas down to the wire.

    I think its OK to show some frustration, we're only 24 hours removed from quite possibly the lowest point of this coaching staff's era.
    I guess what he is saying is....


    What good does it do to rehash all the same things we have known for the last 2 years?

    Just enjoy what you can this year.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 336,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,904
    Points
    336,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    If ISU is going to be successful, it's going to start with the fans!
    Um, no. More post-loss fan bashing at it's finest.

    Some of our fans are going off the deep end - but our team continues to find a way to lose football games and last night - looked completely disinterested in playing football. Fans have a right to be upset about it. I know I am.

    To date, this season has been a vast disappointment. We should have started 5-0.

    - Scoring just 3 points via 6 trips inside the Iowa 30? Puh-lease.
    - One of the worst halves of football I've seen against UNLV in that first half. Nice comeback, just not enough.
    - Up big early on a ranked team at home, then give the game away. I've seen that movie before (See ISU vs KSU 1999). No excuse for that BS.

    And then we go down in what is our first beating of the season to Baylor. Now, I've been saying Baylor is better than most people think - but they're not that good. We certainly made them look the part though.

    Our play at times has been impressive. At others, downright pathetic (and I'm sugarcoating it here). Our team lacks discipline...both to not commit dumb penalties (that FG drive was just moronic and another PF penalty on punt? Gah!) but to maintain a responsibility on each and ever play. IMO, we lack real leadership. I don't really see a sense of urgency from this team, a will to win. Our dumb mistakes can no longer rationally/intelligently be explained away with the "aggressive" excuse. We can be aggressive and not be dumb at the same time. Many teams do it. Maybe ours should give it a shot.

    It's very concerning. We have a lot of talent, albeit young, we have talent. Clearly we can compete when we want to - sad thing is - we have yet to want it for a full football game.

    I put equal "blame" on both the players and coaches. This needs to get figured out. At this point, I feel we have slightly regressed in many areas from where we were near the end of the '07 season.


    Last edited by ISUFan22; 10-12-2008 at 10:09 PM.

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 22,066, Level: 45
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    htownclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,896
    Points
    22,066
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    Are you guys serious??? Like really?

    I mean, our team played a horrible game yesterday. There was a lot going on. I think it's fair to say that the players and coaching staff were not prepared for the game. It is kind of hard when a key guy leaves the team just 2 days before a game.

    I am honestly ashamed of so many of you that are just giving up on the team and saying this season is over, pointless and all of that. I don't see what's wrong with cheering the guys on.

    If you want the program to be good, you have to support the team. If you don't, then it will never happen. If you're seriously considering not going to games for this season, or are ready to check out, then I'm sorry but turn in your Cyclone-fan card.

    I have a feeling a lot of you guys never competed in sports. I didn't at the NCAA level, but with guys at this age, you need to support the team. There is so much more to the game thans wins and losses. Yes as fans we all like wins and hate losses, but I think most of you have NO IDEA what it means to compete and do so at a high level. When a program is in turmoil, we gotta cheer hard!

    I go through this with so many about the bball team as well. There is improvement; you have to actually watch the games not read the box scores.

    We had a setback, and it was dissapointing, but it's time to move on. If we can play close to Kansas, I don't see why we couldn't play close to Nebraska, A&M, K-State, and Colorado and perhaps win some of these games.

    I'm just real dissapointed with a lot of these "fans". Giving up on the teams during rough times doesn't make you a fan. It makes you a loser.

    Remember, recruits are visiting campus and all of that. If you REALLY want the program to improve, cheer on the team, root hard, perhaps we'll win some unexpected games. Let's show our team, along with visiting teams, visiting fans, and recruits what Cyclone Country is all about.

    If ISU is going to be successful, it's going to start with the fans!
    really? I'm gonna say the players are who are going to make us successful. Sure a great fan base is wonderful, but I go to plenty of ISU bball and fball games and I've never heard our fans not support the team or turn against them. Fans don't go out and play the games, the players do and the coaches prepare them for the game...don't even begin to blame the fans.


    You can't polish a turd.

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 23,431, Level: 46
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Swanson10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,859
    Points
    23,431
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    Are you guys serious??? Like really?

    I mean, our team played a horrible game yesterday. There was a lot going on. I think it's fair to say that the players and coaching staff were not prepared for the game. It is kind of hard when a key guy leaves the team just 2 days before a game.

    I am honestly ashamed of so many of you that are just giving up on the team and saying this season is over, pointless and all of that. I don't see what's wrong with cheering the guys on.

    If you want the program to be good, you have to support the team. If you don't, then it will never happen. If you're seriously considering not going to games for this season, or are ready to check out, then I'm sorry but turn in your Cyclone-fan card.

    I have a feeling a lot of you guys never competed in sports. I didn't at the NCAA level, but with guys at this age, you need to support the team. There is so much more to the game thans wins and losses. Yes as fans we all like wins and hate losses, but I think most of you have NO IDEA what it means to compete and do so at a high level. When a program is in turmoil, we gotta cheer hard!

    I go through this with so many about the bball team as well. There is improvement; you have to actually watch the games not read the box scores.

    We had a setback, and it was dissapointing, but it's time to move on. If we can play close to Kansas, I don't see why we couldn't play close to Nebraska, A&M, K-State, and Colorado and perhaps win some of these games.

    I'm just real dissapointed with a lot of these "fans". Giving up on the teams during rough times doesn't make you a fan. It makes you a loser.

    Remember, recruits are visiting campus and all of that. If you REALLY want the program to improve, cheer on the team, root hard, perhaps we'll win some unexpected games. Let's show our team, along with visiting teams, visiting fans, and recruits what Cyclone Country is all about.

    If ISU is going to be successful, it's going to start with the fans!
    And to get to that next level, we have to win these guys over. And while i am at a loss for words right now, i'll be there on Sat bright and early (maybe a little earlier to get some more liquid courage to watch) ready to cheer. I have faith and will never turn in my fan card although i wanted to at points. I am sure the guys will get it together and put in a better all-around performance Saturday.
    So stop the whining and man-up and be a fan to the team you seem to love enough to spend extra-time on a message board to express your joy or disapproval of. Not calling you out just trying to say dont give up.


    NHL teams need to be added to the favorite teams section.

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 113,881, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,854
    Points
    113,881
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 120

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Its frustration from a lot of us. I hate to lose and that comes from competing in sports. I know there are those that didnt play sports here but some of us did are we are still upset. We as fans have gave a lot to ISU and have saw very little winning the past few years. We are frustrated. I'm getting tierd of the wait until next year, we have been doing that since 2002 in FB. Its not that our team lost its the way they lost.
    That is well-put, kingcy. Rep for you!
    Those of us alarmed at the downturn this season are still going to show up, and then dutifully pay our NCC dues. It's the marginal fan, who may grow apathetic, that Jamie has to worry about losing.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 188,344, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,501
    Points
    188,344
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 114

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Um, no. More post-loss fan bashing at it's finest.

    Some of our fans are going off the deep end - but our team continues to find a way to lose football games and last night - looked completely disinterested in playing football. Fans have a right to be upset about it. I know I am.

    To date, this season has been a vast disappointment. We should have started 5-0.

    - Scoring just 3 points via 6 trips inside the Iowa 30? Puh-lease.
    - One of the worst halves of football I've seen against UNLV in that first half. Nice comeback, just not enough.
    - Up big early on a ranked team at home, then give the game away. I've seen that movie before (See ISU vs KSU 1999). No excuse for that BS.

    And then we go down in what is our first beating of the season to Baylor. Now, I've been saying Baylor is better than most people think - but they're not that good. We certainly made them look the part though.

    Our play at times has been impressive. At others, downright pathetic (and I'm sugarcoating it here). Our team lacks discipline...both to not commit dumb penalties (that FG drive was just moronic and another PF penalty on punt? Gah!) but to maintain a responsibility on each and ever play. IMO, we lack real leadership. I don't really see a sense of urgency from this team, a will to win. Our dumb mistakes can no longer rationally/intelligently be explained away with the "aggressive" excuse. We can be aggressive and not be dumb at the same time. Many teams do it. Maybe ours should give it a shot.

    It's very concerning. We have a lot of talent, albeit young, we have talent. Clearly we can compete when we want to - sad thing is - we have yet to want it for a full football game.

    I put equal "blame" on both the players and coaches. This needs to get figured out. At this point, I feel we have slightly regressed in many areas from where we were near the end of the '07 season.
    Well put


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 66,463, Level: 80
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,587
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,800
    Points
    66,463
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 2

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Um, no. More post-loss fan bashing at it's finest.

    Some of our fans are going off the deep end - but our team continues to find a way to lose football games and last night - looked completely disinterested in playing football. Fans have a right to be upset about it. I know I am.

    To date, this season has been a vast disappointment. We should have started 5-0.

    - Scoring just 3 points via 6 trips inside the Iowa 30? Puh-lease.
    - One of the worst halves of football I've seen against UNLV in that first half. Nice comeback, just not enough.
    - Up big early on a ranked team at home, then give the game away. I've seen that movie before (See ISU vs KSU 1999). No excuse for that BS.

    And then we go down in what is our first beating of the season to Baylor. Now, I've been saying Baylor is better than most people think - but they're not that good. We certainly made them look the part though.

    Our play at times has been impressive. At others, downright pathetic (and I'm sugarcoating it here). Our team lacks discipline...both to not commit dumb penalties (that FG drive was just moronic and another PF penalty on punt? Gah!) but to maintain a responsibility on each and ever play. IMO, we lack real leadership. I don't really see a sense of urgency from this team, a will to win. Our dumb mistakes can no longer rationally/intelligently be explained away with the "aggressive" excuse. We can be aggressive and not be dumb at the same time. Many teams do it. Maybe ours should give it a shot.

    It's very concerning. We have a lot of talent, albeit young, we have talent. Clearly we can compete when we want to - sad thing is - we have yet to want it for a full football game.

    I put equal "blame" on both the players and coaches. This needs to get figured out. At this point, I feel we have slightly regressed in many areas from where we were near the end of the '07 season.
    Been awhile...



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 398,312, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,733
    Points
    398,312
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 345

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    We still struggle to get 300 yards in offense. Hey this is Big 12 football and we need to be much better to compete. Even Kansas State won.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 50,061, Level: 69
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,089
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    4,105
    Points
    50,061
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 9

    Re: I forgot that Cyclonefanatic = Hawkeye Nation

    I competed at the D1 level, not at ISU.... I am a die-hard fan of ISU and have been my whole life. I thought that the loss to Kent State last year was the low of the lows. I got that same feeling watching the Baylor game. Its not time for excuses, its time for a gut check and some coaching!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM