Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 44,187, Level: 64
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,514
    Points
    44,187
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 1

    REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Iowa State is not the bottom feeder of the Big 12. Surprisingly, that distinction goes to Colorado based on the past two seasons in football and men's basketball (the biggest $$$ draws in collegiate athletics).

    In the past two seasons of basketball and football (up to this weekend), the combined records of the two sports:

    Baylor 42-39
    Colorado 28-50
    ISU 34-47
    K-State 53-33
    Kansas 87-10----Fairly impressive!!!
    Mizzou 51-31
    Nebraska 45-37
    Oklahoma 55-31
    Okie State 52-35
    Texas 73-20
    aTm 61-28
    Texas Tech 52-32

    Kind of sucks knowing that Kansas fans have had 50+ more victories than us over the past 2 years.



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,687, Level: 22
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures5000 Experience Points
    SmokinH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    323
    Points
    5,687
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by arganbright2 View Post
    Iowa State is not the bottom feeder of the Big 12. Surprisingly, that distinction goes to Colorado based on the past two seasons in football and men's basketball (the biggest $$$ draws in collegiate athletics).

    In the past two seasons of basketball and football (up to this weekend), the combined records of the two sports:

    Baylor 42-39
    Colorado 28-50
    ISU 34-47
    K-State 53-33
    Kansas 87-10----Fairly impressive!!!
    Mizzou 51-31
    Nebraska 45-37
    Oklahoma 55-31
    Okie State 52-35
    Texas 73-20
    aTm 61-28
    Texas Tech 52-32

    Kind of sucks knowing that Kansas fans have had 50+ more victories than us over the past 2 years.
    True....but we're toooooooo close to make me feel good.


    You can have it Fast, Cheap, Reliable.....Please pick TWO!

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    You know Kansas has it pretty good when a BCS bowl game plays second fiddle to a basketball national title.

    Your rankings are weighted rather heavily toward BB since there are 3x as many BB games than FB games, but that's ok. I think ISU fans are in for a pleasant surprise in mens' basketball this season and next year as well.


    Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

    My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 30,600, Level: 53
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    scottie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,589
    Points
    30,600
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    We're flat out bad right now...I don't even think I can say anymore about it. I'm actually embarassed



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 51,035, Level: 69
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Broodwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    42.186391, -93.598597
    Posts
    2,044
    Points
    51,035
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    No. We stink, and have been sold a bill of goods for several years on hype, logos, uniform changes and promise of improvement that hasn't materialized, and now I have serious doubts if it ever will.

    I'll believe it when I see it, and react accordingly.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 69,300, Level: 81
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,205
    Points
    69,300
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 229
    Given: 8

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    I think ISU fans are in for a pleasant surprise in mens' basketball this season and next year as well.
    Not really a basketball fan, but are we watching two different programs?



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 186,661, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,711
    Points
    186,661
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 886

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    No. We stink, and have been sold a bill of goods for several years on hype, logos, uniform changes and promise of improvement that hasn't materialized, and now I have serious doubts if it ever will.

    I'll believe it when I see it, and react accordingly.

    Why not just enjoy it as much as you can?

    Why dont ISU fans just stop feeling sorry for themselves?

    Why do people look up stats that show the cold hard reality that we are bad, as if they didn't already know it?



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 427,609, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    64,006
    Points
    427,609
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,285
    Given: 957

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Two teams that continue to unimpress and make the stupidest of penalties are the Clones and the Huskers. That is one thing they have in common. They will prove their finesse on the field Saturday.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 51,035, Level: 69
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Broodwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    42.186391, -93.598597
    Posts
    2,044
    Points
    51,035
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    I don't feel sorry for myself.

    I am unconditionally a Cyclone fan, and will be for life. That doesn't mean that I'll choose to drop money on away game road trips, Cyclone Club memberships and merchandise and large amounts of my free time until I feel that Iowa State can walk in to any game on their schedule and have a legitimate chance to win.



  10. #10
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Antonio. Tx
    Posts
    215
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    I don't feel sorry for myself.

    I am unconditionally a Cyclone fan, and will be for life. That doesn't mean that I'll choose to drop money on away game road trips, Cyclone Club memberships and merchandise and large amounts of my free time until I feel that Iowa State can walk in to any game on their schedule and have a legitimate chance to win.

    Wow, then I am sad for you. And I hope that you won't be back on here declaring your love when things get turned around.

    Normally, I am all for any fans that want to root for the Cyclones. But this post, after a day of this nonsense, has done it for me.

    Sorry, sir, but that's not being much of a fan, and is being too much of a crybaby.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 186,661, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,711
    Points
    186,661
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 886

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    I don't feel sorry for myself.

    I am unconditionally a Cyclone fan, and will be for life. That doesn't mean that I'll choose to drop money on away game road trips, Cyclone Club memberships and merchandise and large amounts of my free time until I feel that Iowa State can walk in to any game on their schedule and have a legitimate chance to win.

    So because of one game that is your view. Sweet dude.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 51,035, Level: 69
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Broodwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    42.186391, -93.598597
    Posts
    2,044
    Points
    51,035
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    So because of one game that is your view. Sweet dude.
    Actually, it was the Connecticut game.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 51,035, Level: 69
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Broodwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    42.186391, -93.598597
    Posts
    2,044
    Points
    51,035
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones78227 View Post
    Sorry, sir, but that's not being much of a fan, and is being too much of a crybaby.
    If I told you that I dated a stripper for 15 years, because I thought she was marriage material would that get me back in to the super fan club?



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,526, Level: 70
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    4,633
    Points
    52,526
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 56

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    I'm going to go ahead and say that Iowa State simply is terrible 1. at night and 2. on the road. Hopefully we will see a different team next week!



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: REST EASY CYCLONE FANS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    If I told you that I dated a stripper for 15 years, because I thought she was marriage material would that get me back in to the super fan club?
    We would probably need to see some pictures before deciding.


    Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

    My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM