Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 65

Direct Tv questions?

just signed up to get direct tv here soon...

can i watch the same program on 2 different TVs, or do i absolutely need an extra receiver(as in a 3rd reciever)?

case in point with dish network right now i ran a splitter from my bedroom tv to the basement tv where my treadmill is. i don't use the basement tv for anything else than treadmill tv time. just turn on the bedroom tv to the channel i want and then go down there

also seem dish is different than direct. 1 only have 1 receiver for dish network that runs my living room tv, and allows for separate channel viewing on my bedroom tv at the same time. apparently direct tv requires a separate receiver for each tv.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Addict
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,165
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

Re: Direct Tv questions?

Quote Originally Posted by FD Cyclone View Post
    just signed up to get direct tv here soon...

can i watch the same program on 2 different TVs, or do i absolutely need an extra receiver(as in a 3rd reciever)?

case in point with dish network right now i ran a splitter from my bedroom tv to the basement tv where my treadmill is. i don't use the basement tv for anything else than treadmill tv time. just turn on the bedroom tv to the channel i want and then go down there

also seem dish is different than direct. 1 only have 1 receiver for dish network that runs my living room tv, and allows for separate channel viewing on my bedroom tv at the same time. apparently direct tv requires a separate receiver for each tv.
    DirecTV does not have a 'one receiver, two output' option on any of their receivers.

That doesn't preclude you from splitting the output (RF or component) and running the output to two different TVs if you use your receiver by tuning to channel 4 or 3 or whatever. You just will be stuck with the same programming on both TVs.

So from what I'm understand, you'll need 2 receivers to do what you want to do.

"Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com