Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Message from a BU fan

I am looking forward to this game...mainly because I think both of our teams are underated. We should have posted a W at U-Conn and I think the same thing for your games against UNLV and Kansas. How do you think your team responds to the close losses?? As you all know I am sure, BU got ***** slapped by the land theives last week but, I think we respond well. Seems to me, as long as BU is in the game....they are out for blood.

Anyway, if any of you make the trip to Waco....hope you have fun and make sure to check out the Georges Tent next to the stadium. It is a very "talented" place.....if you get my drift. Good luck Sat.......and Sic Em....

Last edited by Angie; 10-07-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,267
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

Re: Message from a BU fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bear05 View Post
    I am looking forward to this game...mainly because I think both of our teams are underated. We should have posted a W at U-Conn and I think the same thing for your games against UNLV and Kansas. How do you think your team responds to the close losses?? As you all know I am sure, BU got ***** slapped by the land theives last week but, I think we respond well. Seems to me, as long as BU is in the game....they are out for blood.

Anyway, if any of you make the trip to Waco....hope you have fun and make sure to check out the Georges Tent next to the stadium. It is a very "talented" place.....if you get my drift. Good luck Sat.......and Sic Em....
    Well we went to overtime with UNLV and came out looking great against KU. Who knows after the tough loss to KU, but I bet we come out ready to play.

No disrespect intended, but there isn't a ton of intimidation for ISU regarding Baylor historically, and it's not the worst place in the nation to play on the road. I'm sure the feeling is mutual with you guys towards us.
    I think both teams and fanbases look at this as a winnable game, and that always makes for interesting football.

I'm hoping for a good game, and of course an ISU victory, but I don't think it's going to be a blowout one way or the other. You guys are improving every week, and it's fun to watch.

This game may well end up a track meet. I wouldn't be surprised to see scores in the 40s for it. I believe last time we played you guys got us at home for your first road win ever in the Big XII. I hope it's time to return the favor because, if we pull it off, this will sure as hell feel like our first win in the Big XII ever it's been so long since we won on the road.

Last edited by Angie; 10-07-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: edited quote for language
    "Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Agreed for sure about the track meet....Looks as if the cyclones are having trouble w/ the running game. I would bet those troubles will continue in Waco. But, if your offense can put it in the air.....we have the absolute worst secondary I have ever seen.

Our O-line has proven to be pretty good as they have been able to give Griffen and Finley pleanty of opportunities to advance the ball.

I am sick and tierd of the prennial football teams here in Texas. Nothing makes me happier than to see the faggies wasting that huge athletic budget on a horrible team. I dispise all of the tee shirt fans UT and OU have as well. When can we see the Big 12 championship played between two unsuspecting teams? (ex. ISU and BU) Got to love that thought!!

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,267
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Bear05 View Post
    Agreed for sure about the track meet....Looks as if the cyclones are having trouble w/ the running game. I would bet those troubles will continue in Waco. But, if your offense can put it in the air.....we have the absolute worst secondary I have ever seen.

Our O-line has proven to be pretty good as they have been able to give Griffen and Finley pleanty of opportunities to advance the ball.

I am sick and tierd of the prennial football teams here in Texas. Nothing makes me happier than to see the faggies wasting that huge athletic budget on a horrible team. I dispise all of the tee shirt fans UT and OU have as well. When can we see the Big 12 championship played between two unsuspecting teams? (ex. ISU and BU) Got to love that thought!!
    Yeah, we have a slew of talented WRs and a couple of good QBs. Austen Arnaud is the best QB we've had at ISU since Seneca Wallace and Sage Rosenfels. I'd expect him to take the majority of the snaps against you guys, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bates tossed in here and there to change it up. He's the more mobile of the two, but has a decent arm as well.

I don't forsee ISU having problems scoring, but it's hard to say. If we can get a running game going - not to say that we can - but if we can- it will be a VERY VERY long day for your D.

Our secondary isn't awful, but still inconsistent. Line play on both sides has been average to bad. Griffin is obviously a major concern for us, and he's likely to do some pretty serious damage. He's going to need some help, though.

I don't think we are going to be seeing ISU-BU in a championship this year for sure, and I don't envy you guys having to play in the south. We complain about getting the "hard" south schedule every couple of years, but you guys get it every year.

"Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 14

A rational discussion. We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Pro
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23

Quote Originally Posted by benjay View Post
    Thank goodness!

Walk On
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by benjay View Post
    That's not fair - there's rational people down here in Kansas......I saw one earlier this week and two or three the week before that!

All-Star
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Should be a great game, both teams need a win.

I'll be cheering for Baylor when they travel to Lincoln in a few weeks. I think Baylor has an excellent shot at the Huskers.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 116

Quote Originally Posted by dornstar44 View Post
    That's not fair - there's rational people down here in Kansas......I saw one earlier this week and two or three the week before that!

dont look now toto er wichita...but Kansas got the last laugh last sat afternoon...

personally for the record I would rather lose to Drake 21-17 than ever lose to Kansas...

And if WE (Ia State) loses to those losers in Waco ...well WE (ISU) deserves the tag...worst team in the big 12....

Boys its time for Chizik to WIN A FOOTBALL GAME!!!!

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

No disrespect intended but historically ISU could not have hung with BU in the 1970's through 1994. We beat the snot out of you in your house in 1987. I predict we will only get better under Briles and continue to beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    No disrespect intended, but there isn't a ton of intimidation for ISU regarding Baylor historically,

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 28

Quote Originally Posted by dornstar44 View Post
    I don't believe you. Where in Kansas? I have extended family who live in Salina. Maybe it was them? They always seemed all right... except for the heckling I received after our football team lost to them in 2005. "Hey, thanks for losing to us, now we can go to a bowl game!"

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Osoprimo View Post
    No disrespect intended but historically ISU could not have hung with BU in the 1970's through 1994. We beat the snot out of you in your house in 1987. I predict we will only get better under Briles and continue to beat you.
    1987? Please... Who cares about 1987?

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    And if WE (Ia State) loses to those losers in Waco ...well WE (ISU) deserves the tag...worst team in the big 12....

My apologies to the Baylor faithful. Unfortunately we all have a section of fans who are past graduating from high school but for some reason revert back to acting liking a kindergartner when it comes to college athletics.

Here's to a well played game on Saturday. Both teams feel like the game is theirs to lose.

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    1987? Please... Who cares about 1987?
    Exactly, when are you going to ban this tool?

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Hey I didn't mean any disrespect, but ISU historically has not been a powerhouse football team. I mean you guys never had the success like we did under Grant Teaff. Yeah, I know we haven't been good since we've been in the Big 12 but it's not like ISU is Texas or OU either.