Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ESPN.com has story on Kelly being next coach...then takes it down. TV stations in

Iowa are saying that sources are saying it's Kelly and sources saying it's NOT Kelly.

What the hell is going on?????!!!!!!!!!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 12

Re: ESPN.com has story on Kelly being next coach...then takes it down. TV stations i

We will find out tomorrow at 6. Get ready for a long night and day.

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: ESPN.com has story on Kelly being next coach...then takes it down. TV stations i

It's up now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2676900

Updated: Nov. 26, 2006, 9:26 PM ET
    Iowa St. to announce new coach to replace McCarney
    ESPN.com news services

AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State planned to announce who it has hired to replace head coach Dan McCarney Monday night.

School officials said Sunday they'd made a decision, but would not reveal it. In a letter to Iowa State fans, Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard wrote that the new coach was "our number one choice from the first day of the search."

Central Michigan coach Brian Kelly, who has led the Chippewas to an 18-16 record the past three seasons, is regarded as the leading candidate to succeed McCarney. Nebraska offensive coordinator Jay Norvell and San Diego head coach Jim Harbaugh also are considered candidates.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported Wednesday that Harbaugh's agent, Jack Bechta, said Harbaugh was no longer a candidate.

Norvell played for the Iowa Hawkeyes from 1982 to 1985 and was assistant head coach in charge of quarterbacks and receivers at Iowa State from 1995 to 1997.

He also has made coaching stops at Iowa, Northern Iowa, Wisconsin, the Indianapolis Colts and Oklahoma.

Iowa State was 4-8 this season and 56-84 overall under McCarney, who resigned this year, and snapped a 22-year postseason drought with five bowl appearances in McCarney's final seven seasons.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Legend
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

The "Big Red Report" is also reporting that Kelley has agreed to coach the Cyclones

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

that is a different story than they had up. They had one up saying that he WILL be named tomorrow.

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

And another one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2676952

Updated: Nov. 26, 2006, 11:07 PM ET
    Sources: Cincy's Dantonio to get Michigan State job
    By Ivan Maisel
    ESPN.com

As Chuck Amato of North Carolina State and Dirk Koetter of Arizona State were forced out on Sunday, Michigan State and Iowa State appear to have filled their jobs.

Cincinnati coach Mark Dantonio moved to the top of the Spartans' list over the weekend, according to several sources, and may be named to the position as early as Monday. Iowa State is expected to name Central Michigan head coach Brian Kelly on Monday to replace fired coach Dan McCarney, according to two sources.

Dantonio, a former defensive coordinator at Ohio State and at one time an assistant to Nick Saban in East Lansing, has shepherded the Bearcats into the Big East Conference with success. His three-year record at Cincinnati is 18-17, including a 7-5 record this season against a difficult schedule.

Four of the five Bearcats' losses have been to teams ranked in the current top 15, and they also knocked Rutgers from the unbeaten ranks on Nov. 18. Dantonio is known as a disciplinarian who teaches hard-nosed football, qualities that ranked high at Michigan State in its search to replace John L. Smith.

Kelly, like Dantonio, has revitalized a moribund program. The Chippewas won the MAC West and went 8-4 this season. In three years, Kelly has a record of 18-16, including the first back-to-back winning seasons at Central Michigan since 1990-91.

As for the two newest openings, a name that will be connected to both is Tennessee Titans' offensive coordinator Norm Chow. He was the offensive coordinator for Amato at North Carolina State in the 2000 season.

From there he went to work for four seasons for Pete Carroll at USC, where he worked with Lisa Love, now the Arizona State athletic director.

Ivan Maisel is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

go to scout.com and read the Big Red Report. It discloses that Kelly has the job

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 7

I "must" support who? Who are your to tell us what we "must" do? Sorry but this one has to win to get my support. I don't care how bad they were when he got there. He's 18-16 in three years. They are 8-4 this year. That makes him 10-12 in the first two years. If he's 10-12 in his first two years at ISU, I hope they run Pollard and him out on a rail. If he's 8-4, yeah that'll do. Much less though and I'll be giving my money to the Baseball team.

Somewhere D Mac is smiling.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

D Mac no matter how you spin it did not have a successful coaching record at ISU. Kelly no matter how you spin it has had a successful coaching record. Granted Kelly hasn't coached in the big leagues like D Mac has. Time will show whether Kelly was the right person for the job, but we already know that D Mac wasn't.

Recruit
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

As I see it, JP is in control of his next big publicity stunt. He is relishing every moment of this "circus". The media blitz only hightens the suspense for Jamie. He loves it! Who will it be? I really feel it will be none of the mentioned contenders listed in the press. How about the pick making his grand entrance in a golf cart rolling in across the floor at the Hilton, disguised as CY? I don't think I will be able to concentrate tomorrow until this is over! GO CYCLONES!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Big12Fan View Post
    As I see it, JP is in control of his next big publicity stunt. He is relishing every moment of this "circus". The media blitz only hightens the suspense for Jamie. He loves it! Who will it be? I really feel it will be none of the mentioned contenders listed in the press. How about the pick making his grand entrance in a golf cart rolling in across the floor at the Hilton, disguised as CY? I don't think I will be able to concentrate tomorrow until this is over! GO CYCLONES!
    You got it exactly right... the less we know, the more people will show up either online or live at the event tonight. JP will have as many reporters and people tuned into this as possible.

The less we know, the more we will pay attention.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Rookie
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

Circus is right!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 406
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alaskaguy View Post
    go to scout.com and read the Big Red Report. It discloses that Kelly has the job
    Why would a Nebraska board know who our coach will be when apparently nobody in the local media, the cyclone message boards, or even the athletic department (save JP, and Harris) knows?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 33

Then there is this story from the Mt. Pleasant, Michigan paper saying Kelley is NOT the guy:
    http://www.themorningsun.com/stories..._kelly01.shtml
    It's going to be an interesting day...