Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 38,657, Level: 60
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,372
    Points
    38,657
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 31

    IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    it is posted on cyclones.com
    http://www.cyclones.com//pdf4/143701...B_OEM_ID=10700

    here are the changes:
    doug dedrick and matt hulbert swapped sides. hulbert is now starting at the infamous left tackle while dedrick is starting on the right.

    houston jones is listed as the starting wr opposite of rj sumrall. he leaped marquis hamilton and darius darks. this really just reflects what we have been seeing on the field.

    austin alburtis moved up to #2 at nose guard, jumping jerrod black.

    travis ferguson moved up to #2 at de, jumping nick frere.

    josh raven is now the starting sam linebacker. he was #2 at will linebacker before. he was simply inserted above bibbs and bell at sam, who are now #2 and #3 respectively.

    ernest ferguson replaces raven as the #2 will linebacker behind starter fred garrin. ferguson is a true frosh.

    steve johnson moves from #3 free saftey to #2 strong safety, ahead of zac sandvig and behind brandon hunley.

    chris brown replaces johnson as the $3 free safety.

    also note:
    mike knapp is still listed as starting center for this week. i still doubt he will play but this tells me he is at least on schedule for his recovery from surgery.


    Husker Hater

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Points: 20,062, Level: 43
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    cgwarrior33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    529
    Points
    20,062
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by dinger View Post
    also note:
    mike knapp is still listed as starting center for this week. i still doubt he will play but this tells me he is at least on schedule for his recovery from surgery.
    I guess I missed something.....what happened with Knapp??



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 53,211, Level: 71
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,223
    Points
    53,211
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by cgwarrior33 View Post
    I guess I missed something.....what happened with Knapp??
    Appendectomy.....at least that was the last i heard....

    Surprised with all the line swaps....that tells me the coaches are not happy with the inability to run the ball.....wonder why the big drop off from last year to this year, wonder if moving Lamaak into the interior is not paying off.....

    Maybe its time to move lamaak back to tackle and let ko get in there and do some damage.....thinking about KO and Stephens as our two guards would be a lot of power and roadgrading ability!!!!!

    Move Lamaak back to Right tackle and keep dedrick at LT.....

    Hope the line plays better, i think in the Iowa game from my angle, our line looked to be giving up pressure all day long and our run game was non-existent!!!! hope that changes this week!!!!



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 178,701, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,639
    Points
    178,701
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 336

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Appendectomy.....at least that was the last i heard....

    Surprised with all the line swaps....that tells me the coaches are not happy with the inability to run the ball.....wonder why the big drop off from last year to this year, wonder if moving Lamaak into the interior is not paying off.....
    And everyone thinks we don't "need" James Carpenter...

    Nice to see some of the changes, but I think Raven's switch is as much because Bibbs is still doubtful--and Bell is still green.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 23,724, Level: 47
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    illinoiscyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,701
    Points
    23,724
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    i was going to say.... bibbs has to still be hurt because he was one of the most consistent players weve had on D.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 253,032, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,542
    Points
    253,032
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Man Sandvig is freefalling. Starter for the first game and now he's #3. Best of luck to the kid I think he's got the physical tools.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 178,701, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,639
    Points
    178,701
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 336

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    Man Sandvig is freefalling. Starter for the first game and now he's #3. Best of luck to the kid I think he's got the physical tools.
    At 5'10" 186, and with modest speed, if he's got the tools, he must be hiding them in the toolshed. Hard work and savvy doesn't get you everywhere.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 58,171, Level: 74
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jahfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,695
    Points
    58,171
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 10

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    At 5'10" 186, and with modest speed, if he's got the tools, he must be hiding them in the toolshed. Hard work and savvy doesn't get you everywhere.
    Sandvig was a state champion sprinter in high school. Speed isn't his problem. Tackling? Maybe.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 38,657, Level: 60
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,372
    Points
    38,657
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 31

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    yes this does seem like a lot of changes. but for the first 3 weeks there really werent any (on paper) while on the field things obviously were. seems like maybe they just finally took some time to update the depth chart to reflect playing time.

    i agree ravens promtion may have to do with bibbs being injured...but why not cameron bell?

    also, i was thinking the hulbert-dedrick switch had more to do with pass blocking than run blocking.

    finally, you are correct on the mike knapp appendectomy. the following article says he will be out several weeks but chizik was quotes last week as saying "some guys come back in a week"
    Go Cyclones - Knapp has appendectomy


    Husker Hater

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 178,701, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,639
    Points
    178,701
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 336

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by jahfg View Post
    Sandvig was a state champion sprinter in high school. Speed isn't his problem. Tackling? Maybe.


    Being in a relay is hardly the same thing as being a "state champion sprinter". Chizik himself commented last year about how Sandvig was slower than the other corners, but made up for it with savvy.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 176,030, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,272
    Points
    176,030
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 61

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post


    Being in a relay is hardly the same thing as being a "state champion sprinter". Chizik himself commented last year about how Sandvig was slower than the other corners, but made up for it with savvy.

    Sandvig put up some of the best athletic number at the Nike camps before his senior season. You are way off base.

    He has simply been outplayed by Hunley.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 253,032, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,542
    Points
    253,032
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Those camps don't measure you in pads, and sometimes guys are slower in pads. We might not know I guess.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 178,701, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,639
    Points
    178,701
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 336

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Sandvig put up some of the best athletic number at the Nike camps before his senior season. You are way off base.

    He has simply been outplayed by Hunley.
    Yeah, whatever. He had his "good numbers" at a Kansas Nike camp that no one decent attended. Being "best" in a shallow pool means nothing. Hulbert ran like a 5.79 forty, and there was such a paucity of talent there that he got good reviews.

    Edit: Let me clarify something. Jordan Bernstine ran his 4.38 at an Iowa City camp that essentially "no one decent" attended, but a 4.38 40 is a 4.38. You can't say the same about Sandvig's overhyped shuttle time.


    Last edited by Aclone; 09-29-2008 at 02:38 PM.

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 176,030, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,272
    Points
    176,030
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 61

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Yeah, whatever. He had his "good numbers" at a Kansas Nike camp that no one decent attended. Being "best" in a shallow pool means nothing. Hulbert ran like a 5.79 forty, and there was such a paucity of talent there that he got good reviews.

    Edit: Let me clarify something. Jordan Bernstine ran his 4.38 at an Iowa City camp that essentially "no one decent" attended, but a 4.38 40 is a 4.38. You can't say the same about Sandvig's overhyped shuttle time.

    Did Sandvig pee in your Cheerios? This is a kid who makes plays on special teams for us constantly and all you can do is rip on him. I think you would fit in better over in Iowa City.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 38,657, Level: 60
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,372
    Points
    38,657
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 31

    Re: IState depth chart vs. Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Did Sandvig pee in your Cheerios? This is a kid who makes plays on special teams for us constantly and all you can do is rip on him. I think you would fit in better over in Iowa City.
    "This was obviously written by someone who doesn't have a kid. This is all that kid did. He goes to class. He's respectful to the media. He's respectful to THE PUBLIC. And he's a good kid. He doesn't deserve to be kicked when he's down. YOU DON'T DOWNGRADE HIM BECAUSE HE DOES EVERYTHING RIGHT AND MAY NOT PLAY AS WELL ON SATURDAY. Attacking an amaturer athlete for doing everything right. Are you kidding me?"


    Last edited by dinger; 09-29-2008 at 02:51 PM.
    Husker Hater

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM