Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October


  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 62,596, Level: 77
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 654
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,828
    Points
    62,596
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 328

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    Hope we play well at the Nebraska game. Looks like we are going after several sets of teamates. I'm sure it's more appealing for a kid to look at a school half way across the country if he can go with a buddy.



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,578, Level: 33
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CloneBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    273
    Points
    12,578
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    Quote Originally Posted by caliclone View Post
    The following are scheduled to visit for the Kansas game (October 4th):

    Jerod Bisbon, LB, 6-0, 205-pounds, Tampa (FL) Hillsborough
    James White, RB, 5-9, 165-pounds, Dallas (TX) Skyline
    Eddie Foster, CB, 5-10, 165-pounds, Colleyville (TX) Heritage
    A.J. Klein (already committed), LB, 6-1, 210-pounds, Kimberly (WI) Kimberly
    The following are schedule to visit for the Nebraska game (October 18th):
    Vincent Smith, RB, 5-7, 160-pounds, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
    Brandin Hawthorne, LB, 6-0, 181-pounds, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
    Norman Griffith, LB, 6-1, 220-pounds, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
    Deon Broomfield, S, 6-0, 169-pounds, Palm Bay (FL) Bayside
    Akeem Spence, DT, 6-1, 280-pounds, Fort Walton Beach (FL) Fort Walton
    Rashad Smith, LB, 6-0, 205-pounds, Fort Walton Beach (FL) Fort Walton
    Ian Knight, DE, 6-2, 242-pounds, Wichita (KS) Wichita Heights
    James Carpenter, OT, 6-5, 305-pounds, Coffeyville (KS) Coffeyville C.C.
    Jacques Washington, ATH, 6-1, 185-pounds , Owasso (OK) Owasso
    Beau Blankenship (already committed), RB, 5-8, 207-pounds, Norman (OK) North
    La Christopher Anyiam, DE, 6-4, 247-pounds, Allen (TX) Allen
    The following are scheduled to visit for the Texas A&M game (October 25th):
    Ryan Mosby (already committed), LB, 197-pounds, Rockwall (TX) Heath
    Justin Isadore, LB, 5-11, 200-pounds, Beaumont (TX) Ozen
    Lou Greenwood, RB, 6-1, 174-pounds, Conroe (TX) Conroe
    Andrew Green, CB, 6-0, 181-pounds, San Antonio (TX) James Madison
    More players might be joining this list over the next few weeks. Also, there is always a chance a few might have to cancel.


    Ron freaking Swanson

  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 11,669, Level: 32
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    192
    Points
    11,669
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 10

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    I'm worried there aren't any D-Lineman on that list. Hopefully they just can't make the trip to Ames in October.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 59,484, Level: 75
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    2,900
    Points
    59,484
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneBack View Post
    The following are scheduled to visit for the Kansas game (October 4th):

    Jerod Bisbon, LB, 6-0, 205-pounds, Tampa (FL) Hillsborough
    James White, RB, 5-9, 165-pounds, Dallas (TX) Skyline
    Eddie Foster, CB, 5-10, 165-pounds, Colleyville (TX) Heritage
    A.J. Klein (already committed), LB, 6-1, 210-pounds, Kimberly (WI) Kimberly
    The following are schedule to visit for the Nebraska game (October 18th):
    Vincent Smith, RB, 5-7, 160-pounds, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
    Brandin Hawthorne, LB, 6-0, 181-pounds, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
    Norman Griffith, LB, 6-1, 220-pounds, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
    Deon Broomfield, S, 6-0, 169-pounds, Palm Bay (FL) Bayside
    Akeem Spence, DT, 6-1, 280-pounds, Fort Walton Beach (FL) Fort Walton
    Rashad Smith, LB, 6-0, 205-pounds, Fort Walton Beach (FL) Fort Walton
    Ian Knight, DE, 6-2, 242-pounds, Wichita (KS) Wichita Heights
    James Carpenter, OT, 6-5, 305-pounds, Coffeyville (KS) Coffeyville C.C.
    Jacques Washington, ATH, 6-1, 185-pounds , Owasso (OK) Owasso
    Beau Blankenship (already committed), RB, 5-8, 207-pounds, Norman (OK) North
    La Christopher Anyiam, DE, 6-4, 247-pounds, Allen (TX) Allen
    The following are scheduled to visit for the Texas A&M game (October 25th):
    Ryan Mosby (already committed), LB, 197-pounds, Rockwall (TX) Heath
    Justin Isadore, LB, 5-11, 200-pounds, Beaumont (TX) Ozen
    Lou Greenwood, RB, 6-1, 174-pounds, Conroe (TX) Conroe
    Andrew Green, CB, 6-0, 181-pounds, San Antonio (TX) James Madison
    More players might be joining this list over the next few weeks. Also, there is always a chance a few might have to cancel.
    Quote Originally Posted by clonefan1 View Post
    I'm worried there aren't any D-Lineman on that list. Hopefully they just can't make the trip to Ames in October.
    ???

    Also, looks like Smith and Hawthorne (from Pahokee) are already committed to Michigan. Would be fun to steal recruits from them for a change.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 42,129, Level: 63
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 821
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Wx4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,394
    Points
    42,129
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 8

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    Wow, lots of Florida and Texas kids. Not to take anything away from Iowa kids but UI can win the in-state recruiting battle every year as far as I'm concerned if we're getting kids out of FL, TX, etc.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 21,123, Level: 44
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wheels686's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,202
    Points
    21,123
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    Quote Originally Posted by clonefan1 View Post
    I'm worried there aren't any D-Lineman on that list. Hopefully they just can't make the trip to Ames in October.
    Some important d-lineman visiting
    Akeem Spence dt 6'1 280
    Ian Knight DE

    James Carpenter 4* O Lineman a very important recruit



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 24,549, Level: 47
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    illinoiscyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,706
    Points
    24,549
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid27 View Post
    Hope we play well at the Nebraska game.
    me too. some kids i used to coach when i was in high school are coming to watch. possible recruits? doubt it. they are all freshmen and the biggest one weighs like 120.

    as far as all of those people going to see the kansas game, i wonder how many of them are coming to see us, and how many are coming to see us AND kansas?



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 21,412, Level: 44
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Crete, NE
    Posts
    1,426
    Points
    21,412
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    Quote Originally Posted by Wx4Cy View Post
    Wow, lots of Florida and Texas kids. Not to take anything away from Iowa kids but UI can win the in-state recruiting battle every year as far as I'm concerned if we're getting kids out of FL, TX, etc.
    You know what they say, "You get your Arms and Legs from Texas and Florida, but you get your Heart from Iowa." I hate to concede anything to Iowa.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,718, Level: 76
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 932
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,114
    Points
    60,718
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 542

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    I like the way they have a recruit that is already commited in with the others. Kind of like a built in recruiter.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,844, Level: 64
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 406
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,729
    Points
    43,844
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 27

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    I like seeing so many of the official visits during the season as opposed to mid-dec or jan in past years. Takes advantage of the better weather and game atmospheres.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 123,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,375
    Points
    123,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 390

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    Quote Originally Posted by Wx4Cy View Post
    Wow, lots of Florida and Texas kids. Not to take anything away from Iowa kids but UI can win the in-state recruiting battle every year as far as I'm concerned if we're getting kids out of FL, TX, etc.
    It doesn't have to be either/or - we need to win the battles for the top Iowa kids. I'm also tired of getting 2nd-3rd tier TX and FL preps.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 70,826, Level: 82
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,277
    Points
    70,826
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 256
    Given: 8

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    Quote Originally Posted by Wx4Cy View Post
    Wow, lots of Florida and Texas kids. Not to take anything away from Iowa kids but UI can win the in-state recruiting battle every year as far as I'm concerned if we're getting kids out of FL, TX, etc.
    I think this is true in the short term, but if we really want to become a step above Iowa this is something that has to happen.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,655, Level: 61
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyclonick182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    3,760
    Points
    39,655
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 685
    Given: 50

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    As long as we keep moving in a positive direction, I trust the Chiz will get us the right guys.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 123,839, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,866
    Points
    123,839
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 448
    Given: 581

    Re: Good news as a lot of players will be visiting ISU during October

    On Ian Knight's profile it said he's a 2009-December Grad, so would that mean he would be here next semester if he signed here? Or a year from then?

    Ian Knight - Football Recruiting


    @AtownCY

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM