Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 37,735, Level: 59
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,359
    Points
    37,735
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 9

    Arnaud for Heisman?

    ESPN has Tim Tebow 3rd in the Heisman rankings currently, behind Chase Daniel and Sam Bradford. You do the comparison...

    Tim Tebow 2008 season stats:
    Passing: 489 YDS | 5 TD
    0 INT | 59.4 CMP%
    Rushing: 118 YDS | 0 TD

    Austin Arnaud 2008 season stats:
    Passing: 643 YDS | 4 TD
    2 INT | 65.1 CMP%
    Rushing: 90 YDS | 4 TD

    (before you all start screaming at me, no this is not a thread Arnaud should... but more Tebow shouldn't be considered right now. but it would be cool if AA was up there right?)

    link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index


    Last edited by dinger; 09-24-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    Husker Hater

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 21,425, Level: 44
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    jj-cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,795
    Points
    21,425
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Quote Originally Posted by dinger View Post
    ESPN has Tim Tebow 3rd in the Heisman rankings currently, behind Chase Daniel and Sam Bradford. You do the comparison...

    Tim Tebow 2008 season stats:
    Passing: 489 YDS | 5 TD
    0 INT | 59.4 CMP%
    Rushing: 118 YDS | 0 TD

    Austin Arnaud 2008 season stats:
    Passing: 643 YDS | 4 TD
    2 INT | 65.1 CMP%
    Rushing: 90 YDS | 4 TD

    (before you all start screaming at me, no this is not a thread Arnaud should but more Tebow shouldn't be considered right now. but it would be cool if AA was up there right?)

    link: ESPN - 2008 Heisman Watch - Heisman Trophy Candidates
    "before you all start screaming at me"

    Thats a pretty nice comparison as long as it holds up! Granted we haven't seen the best of Tebow yet either...



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 30,735, Level: 53
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    1,828
    Points
    30,735
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 13

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Tebow has been, still is, and will continue to be the media darling - unbelievable. Those stats are very illuminating, especially given coach's assertion that we don't even know who the starting QB is at ISU, let alone the best player in the country.


    ISU fans are the greatest in the world. All they ask for is hope and the belief that we have a chance to win every time we step on the field - Johnny Majors (paraphrased)

    Ya gotta have the horses, man - Johnny Orr.

  4. #4
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 211,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,545
    Points
    211,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 103

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    "Arnold" as the MTN liked to show on the screen doesn't play for Florida. End of story.


    Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

    "The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 36,264, Level: 58
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Clonegrad07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,398
    Points
    36,264
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Tim Tebow - best athlete, leader, stud on one of the best 3 teams in the nation. Also reigning Heisman winner, and unstoppable when he NEEDS to be. Oh and Florida is 4-0.
    Austin Arnaud - hasn't even won the full time job at 2-2 Iowa State. Looks good sometimes, but never considered unstoppable.

    The stats lie at this point in the season. Let's revisit the stats in 6 weeks. We'll talk then. Right now? Insult to Tebow to even consider the two in the same breath.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 50,543, Level: 69
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,712
    Points
    50,543
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Considering what teams Florida has played, it's likely that Tebow hasn't even played a full game of football yet. (Except for maybe Miami.) Let's not turn into Hawkeyes here. Arnaud is a quality QB, but like Troy Davis, he ain't gonna win anything unless he leads ISU to an undefeated season in the next couple of years.


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 30,735, Level: 53
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    1,828
    Points
    30,735
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 13

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    I don't think the commentary in any way suggests that "Arnold" is a Heisman candidate, nor is it saying he's in the same league as Tebow. It's a media commentary.


    ISU fans are the greatest in the world. All they ask for is hope and the belief that we have a chance to win every time we step on the field - Johnny Majors (paraphrased)

    Ya gotta have the horses, man - Johnny Orr.

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 59,170, Level: 75
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 880
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Omaha Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    2,990
    Points
    59,170
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 39

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Remove this thread. Hogeye fans will only read the thread title then run back to thier boards to post this.


    Last edited by Omaha Cy; 09-24-2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: clarifying
    http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 464,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,222
    Points
    464,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 179

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Let's also let Arnaud make it to his junior/senior seasons before we start demanding Heisman consideration. The guy hasn't shown much more than having a proclivity for the QB position to this point.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 50,543, Level: 69
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,712
    Points
    50,543
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Quote Originally Posted by djkent01 View Post
    I don't think the commentary in any way suggests that "Arnold" is a Heisman candidate, nor is it saying he's in the same league as Tebow. It's a media commentary.
    I completely agree. The Heisman no longer awards the best college football player in the country, it's a media tool designed to create story lines for the year so that people are more likely to tune in.


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 464,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,222
    Points
    464,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 179

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Quote Originally Posted by FD Cyclone View Post
    Remove this thread. Hogeye fans will only read the thread title then run back to thier boards to post this.
    One difference - Arnaud isn't our backup QB...


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 37,735, Level: 59
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,359
    Points
    37,735
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 9

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    Considering what teams Florida has played, it's likely that Tebow hasn't even played a full game of football yet. (Except for maybe Miami.) Let's not turn into Hawkeyes here. Arnaud is a quality QB, but like Troy Davis, he ain't gonna win anything unless he leads ISU to an undefeated season in the next couple of years.
    nor has AA.

    i shouldve known even saying what i said that people would blow my simple statistic comparison out of the water. the only reason i used the word Heisman was because that is the source i pulled tebows stats from.


    Husker Hater

  13. #13
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,273
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    I agree that you can't compare the stats. Look at the games Florida has played. Many of them were blowouts that Tebow didn't play the entire game. Also if they're ahead, there's going to be less passing out of Tebow and less of a need for him to try to run it in.

    For Arnaud, he's played in 2 games where he was behind. Also, ISU cannot run the ball, so all we can really do is pass. Florida is good enough to run the ball when needed, so the amount of passing is less.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 37,735, Level: 59
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,359
    Points
    37,735
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 9

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    I agree that you can't compare the stats. Look at the games Florida has played. Many of them were blowouts that Tebow didn't play the entire game. Also if they're ahead, there's going to be less passing out of Tebow and less of a need for him to try to run it in.

    For Arnaud, he's played in 2 games where he was behind. Also, ISU cannot run the ball, so all we can really do is pass. Florida is good enough to run the ball when needed, so the amount of passing is less.
    you could say something like this for every single statistcal comparison. the bottom line is, these are the stats.


    Husker Hater

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 42,337, Level: 63
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,557
    Points
    42,337
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Arnaud for Heisman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonegrad07 View Post
    Tim Tebow - best athlete, leader, stud on one of the best 3 teams in the nation. Also reigning Heisman winner, and unstoppable when he NEEDS to be. Oh and Florida is 4-0.
    Austin Arnaud - hasn't even won the full time job at 2-2 Iowa State. Looks good sometimes, but never considered unstoppable.

    The stats lie at this point in the season. Let's revisit the stats in 6 weeks. We'll talk then. Right now? Insult to Tebow to even consider the two in the same breath.
    I am pretty sure he meant it as a fun comparasin of stats, not players, and it is so good job outta him.


    --Luck of the Cyrish--






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM