Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 85,495, Level: 90
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,948
    Points
    85,495
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Awful Announcing: Chicago Is Purposely Trying To Start A Riot Before The MLB Playoffs Even Start

    Mayor Daley is going to asks bars at or near US Cellular and Wrigley field to voluntarily stop serving alcohol after the 7th inning of a potential series clinching game.

    I agree with the AA blog... That alone will cause a riot.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 143,755, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,385
    Points
    143,755
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Well, I'd assume Daley would be at the Cell for any such game.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 85,495, Level: 90
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,948
    Points
    85,495
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCyed View Post
    Well, I'd assume Daley would be at the Cell for any such game.
    Right... we know that Daley is a Sox fan... just another reason not to like him.

    On a serious note... I was able to get 2 tickets to NLDS game 2 at Wrigley. My wife was selected as one of the lucky ones to buy tickets.

    However, now I have a moral dilemma... I see that tickets in our section on StubHub are going from $355-$600 PER TICKET.... What should I do?



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 440,061, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,988
    Points
    440,061
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 30

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    Right... we know that Daley is a Sox fan... just another reason not to like him.

    On a serious note... I was able to get 2 tickets to NLDS game 2 at Wrigley. My wife was selected as one of the lucky ones to buy tickets.

    However, now I have a moral dilemma... I see that tickets in our section on StubHub are going from $355-$600 PER TICKET.... What should I do?
    Put them on at $600 and try and buy the $355 ones



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    If the Cubs go to the series you can bet I will be there...



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 34,006, Level: 56
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,595
    Points
    34,006
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 14

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    Right... we know that Daley is a Sox fan... just another reason not to like him.

    On a serious note... I was able to get 2 tickets to NLDS game 2 at Wrigley. My wife was selected as one of the lucky ones to buy tickets.

    However, now I have a moral dilemma... I see that tickets in our section on StubHub are going from $355-$600 PER TICKET.... What should I do?

    As a Cubs fan you go to the game. Not sure why you would even consider selling them. Went to the Marlins vs. Cubs NLCS back in 2003 for game #2 and #7. Would never have considered selling the tickets. Unfortunatley, did not get through this year so I may be the sucker buying them on Stub Hub.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 40,974, Level: 62
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    San Francisco Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,001
    Points
    40,974
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    Right... we know that Daley is a Sox fan... just another reason not to like him.

    On a serious note... I was able to get 2 tickets to NLDS game 2 at Wrigley. My wife was selected as one of the lucky ones to buy tickets.

    However, now I have a moral dilemma... I see that tickets in our section on StubHub are going from $355-$600 PER TICKET.... What should I do?

    Seems pretty simple. Sell them to me for face value. :-)

    I got shafted on the random drawing. Good to hear that somebody at least got through. I'm hoping that I now have better odds for the NLCS tickets. I don't know if I would have gone to the NLDS or not. Anything less than the World Series this year will be a disappointment. And since I'm a little strapped right now, I've got to be a little more selective about which game/s I go to...



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 489,629, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    33,031
    Points
    489,629
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,159
    Given: 822

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    Right... we know that Daley is a Sox fan... just another reason not to like him.

    On a serious note... I was able to get 2 tickets to NLDS game 2 at Wrigley. My wife was selected as one of the lucky ones to buy tickets.

    However, now I have a moral dilemma... I see that tickets in our section on StubHub are going from $355-$600 PER TICKET.... What should I do?
    Sell one to Bartman, the other to the man with the goat


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 277,435, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,190
    Points
    277,435
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,151
    Given: 224

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Kind of surprised that the Wrigleyville bars have agreed to this, and curious as to what the point is to having sales only cutoff between the 7th and 9th innings, resuming after the completion of the game?

    Wrigley bar owners agree to cutoff - Chicago Breaking News



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 104,323, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    6,273
    Points
    104,323
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 127

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    Right... we know that Daley is a Sox fan... just another reason not to like him.

    On a serious note... I was able to get 2 tickets to NLDS game 2 at Wrigley. My wife was selected as one of the lucky ones to buy tickets.

    However, now I have a moral dilemma... I see that tickets in our section on StubHub are going from $355-$600 PER TICKET.... What should I do?
    When you say your wife was "Selected" what do you mean exactly? A Cub ticket lottery or something through work? Where I believe, once you buy the tickets they are yours to do with as you wish, if it was something where work or a charitable entity allowed you to get the tickets at cost, then I wouldn't be able to sell them knowing that I'm profiting off of something that was meant as a treat, not a profit center. Then again, looks like Cubs tickets are just about the only thing you could safely invest in today, so who knows.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 85,495, Level: 90
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,948
    Points
    85,495
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Mayor Daley To Ask Chicago Bars To Limit Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    When you say your wife was "Selected" what do you mean exactly? A Cub ticket lottery or something through work? Where I believe, once you buy the tickets they are yours to do with as you wish, if it was something where work or a charitable entity allowed you to get the tickets at cost, then I wouldn't be able to sell them knowing that I'm profiting off of something that was meant as a treat, not a profit center. Then again, looks like Cubs tickets are just about the only thing you could safely invest in today, so who knows.
    Cubs.com had a "raffle" of sorts to be able to purchase tickets to the NLDS. Last year they had phone sales, and an internet waiting room, but too many brokers got around the system. This year you had to sign up with an email address and be selected to purchase the tickets.

    Anyways, we decided today that we are going to go to the game.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM