Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 142

Jon Miller throw us Cyclone fans a Bone

Honestly I dont listen much to your show anymore because all you talk about is Iowa, the Big 10, and rip on ISU fans. I listen to get the news of the day and hear you Cyclone talk, which isnt much. Today I am done. You talk about Iowa and their problems for most of your opening segment and spend less than 5 mins on the Cyclones, not saying much good just the bad. That stuff needed to be said but there were good things that happened as well. I keep listening thinking maybe you will talk to SD in depth about ISU. Instead we get another in depth talk about Iowa and get told how bad ISU's program is and off the field trouble is on the way for ISU because of the 14 PFs. The coaching staff was ripped on for allowing this. I know you didnt do all the talking. How can the cheif Iowa fan who stands up for KF every chance he gets rip ISU for the PFs? How? I dont get it.

Why cann't you get more ISU talk on your show. Monday Iowa recap, with a short bit of ISU talk. Tuesday all Iowa. Wed some ISU with NU mixed in to make it fun or make ISU fans mad not sure which. Thursday super Iowa fan segment. Friday you have some Big 3232 guy on and not sure whatelse. You asked us what ISU things you want talked about, we give you a lot and you have covered very few of those topics. What will it take it get ISU talk on your show? Dont say call in because it is hard to have a good chat with you on the Cyclones when you know so little about ISU and you always put stuff at an Iowa angle.

Thanks, end of rant.

Last edited by kingcy; 09-22-2008 at 09:13 PM.
    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Rookie
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

Re: Jon Miller throw us Cyclone fans a Bone

That's funny....there is a link between PFs and off the field trouble? EIU should have led the nation in PFs last year if that is the case.

Maybe it is inversely proportional and EIU needs more PFs to reduce their arrests.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

I have to sort of agree. He always mentions that "one" Cyclone fan that says this, or does that. Or the "few" message board fans that are idiots. But follows it up with, "I know most Cyclone fans aren't like that". Then why say it? You're ignorant (not Jon specifically) if you think fans of your team don't do the same.

All we ask is you share a few classless comments or actions from hawk fans.

All-Star
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

nice rant

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

The show is an advertisement for his website... Why would he want to spend the time and effort to research other topics when they wouldn't direct people to HawkeyeNation.com?

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Rookie
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by ISUonthemove View Post
    All we ask is you share a few classless comments or actions from hawk fans.
    Like how Hawk fans have said "In Kirk We Trust" since he showed up, but always cheer for the 2nd string qb???

Rookie
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 7

Really if you NEVER listen anything Joan D Miller says won't bother you. If you can't stand the afternoon guys on The Champ, then you need to get an ipod and discover the wonderful world of podcasting.

I now listen to PTI on my drive to work (no Cotlar and no commercials), and one of the other ESPN podcasts on the way home.

Problem solved! The other thing to do is STOP giving a damn what hawkeye fans think or say about Iowa State.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneBax View Post
    Like how Hawk fans have said "In Kirk We Trust" since he showed up, but always cheer for the 2nd string qb???
    The 3rd or 4th string is the best one now.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

[quote=kingcy;642129]Honestly I dont listen much to your show anymore because all you talk about is Iowa, the Big 10, and rip on ISU fans. I listen to get the news of the day and hear you Cyclone talk, which isnt much. Today I am done. You talk about Iowa and their problems for most of your opening segment and spend less than 5 mins on the Cyclones, not saying much good just the bad. That stuff needed to be said but there were good things that happened as well. I keep listening thinking maybe you will talk to SD in depth about ISU. Instead we get another in depth talk about Iowa and get told how bad ISU's program is and off the field trouble is on the way for ISU because of the 14 PFs. The coaching staff was ripped on for allowing this. I know you didnt do all the talking. How can the cheif Iowa fan who stands up for KF every chance he gets rip ISU for the PFs? How? I dont get it.

Why cann't you get more ISU talk on your show. Monday Iowa recap, with a short bit of ISU talk. Tuesday all Iowa. Wed some ISU with NU mixed in to make it fun or make ISU fans mad not sure which. Thursday super Iowa fan segment. Friday you have some Big 3232 guy on and not sure whatelse. You asked us what ISU things you want talked about, we give you a lot and you have covered very few of those topics. What will it take it get ISU talk on your show? Dont say call in because it is hard to have a good chat with you on the Cyclones when you know so little about ISU and you always put stuff at an Iowa angle. . . . He like almost all the media in Iowa are small market "wanna be(e)s" . . . ignore them . . because you will never change their closed minds. They will always be second tier radio hacks. JMHO

Starter
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

More visitors to his website, more $ for him. It's a business. He's a Hawkeye fan with a mic. I'm not trying to be rude, but don't listen. I haven't since 1700 came on. If you don't want to go that extreme, try and listen...the second he starts on something you don't like, turn the station. But when you start threads about him, he's smiling all the way to the bank.

"They'd write things like...Lloyd. See you around....maybe."

--Lloyd Dobler

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I'm sure change will come soon enough...the first hour of Jon's show competes with Scott VanPelt on 1700...now thats good radio even if it rehash of national stuff, plus lots of inside to the golf world. But I'm sure he'll bow down gracefully saying he doesnt have the time and effort to put forth a great show that listeners need/want.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jakemcilroy View Post
    More visitors to his website, more $ for him. It's a business. He's a Hawkeye fan with a mic. I'm not trying to be rude, but don't listen. I haven't since 1700 came on. If you don't want to go that extreme, try and listen...the second he starts on something you don't like, turn the station. But when you start threads about him, he's smiling all the way to the bank.
    I wont listen anymore I cannot take it, until he talks ISU more. I cannot take the Iowa fan rollarcoaster, it makes me sick. The point of the post was to see if he would do more ISU topics and talks and ask why he doenst. I am sure he wont answer so it was a waste of my time to write it.

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

SVP is really good, I agree.

--Lloyd Dobler

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    I wont listen anymore I cannot take it, until he talks ISU more. I cannot take the Iowa fan rollarcoaster, it makes me sick. The point of the post was to see if he would do more ISU topics and talks and ask why he doenst. I am sure he wont answer so it was a waste of my time to write it.
    It's a good question. I do think KXNO should get a "Cyclone" to host a show, even it's only an hour a day. Seems a bid weird to have an employee of a Hawkeye website working for them. Certainly can't help in-state recruiting for ISU.

--Lloyd Dobler

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I honestly like the guy. Just think sometimes he likes to give Cyclone fans a bad rep.

Just remember, if there are 2-3 times as many hawk fans as cyclone fans in the state, then there are 2-3 times more classless iowa fans running around than cyclone fans.