Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

McIntosh's Plays Great Defense

Anyone else impressed with the man-to-man defense of Corey McIntosh? He's one of those rare players who seems to take as much pride in his defense as he does in his offense, maybe even more. He reminds me of my border collie herding our cat, the way he anticipates and disrupts every move of his opponent. I loved when he got the 5-second call later in the 2nd half.
    I think I enjoyed watching him playing defense almost as much as watching Taylor sink 6 3s in a row.

GO CYCLONES!

Pro
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Re: McIntosh's Plays Great Defense

Yes, he also made some really nice cuts to the hoop last night for easy layups.

--Luck of the Cyrish--

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,837
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 96

I don't think that McIntosh is going to be much of a scoring point guard the way Jamaal Tinsley and Will Blaylock could be, and his stats might be not as eye-popping, but as long as he can distribute the ball, run the offense and play the tough defense that he did last night he will be a valuable component of our team.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

He does have a great upper body fake, be it head & shoulders or just a quick little head hesitation - seems to fool defenders when it needs to. If he continues to play great defense and get points when they're available to him, I'm happy. He also genuinely seems to love being a Cyclone. And that makes it easy to cheer for him.

Walk On
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: McIntosh's Plays Great Defense except on the ....

If you really watch and analyze his defense the two players on our team most like to give up a three is:
    1. Brock Jacobsen
    2. Corey McIntosh.

He is also a turnover waiting to happen!!!!

Yes he may play with a lot of intensity but it gets him into trouble he trys to help out others too much and he gives up the three that is part of the reason Dodie finished the game against minnesota because McIntosh was unable to cover Mckenzie. It is my opinion that the only reason McIntosh is starting is because Dodie is not quite ready yet. I think the only starting position up for grabs right now is McIntosh's position. Taylor and McIntosh are both turnovers waiting to happen, we do not need two players running around with their head cut-off. I think that it is a matter of time before Dodie is starting.

That being said everyone has time to improve Corey M. included so hopefully the non-Mike Taylor position which is our biggest weakness get cleared up soon or it will make Mike T's job really tough as the level of competition increases!!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

it doesn't help that Jacobsen and McIntosh are the shorter guys on the team... so a three pointer is likely to be given up. It's tough to defend three point shots no matter who you are... but they're a low percentage shot... I'd rather see him not let anybody drive past him.

However... I don't see him as much of a liability for turnovers... Taylor has had quite a few for sure... but for being our point... he's done pretty well not turning the ball over lately I thought... maybe if I go to the box scores I could be wrong... but for a team who hasn't focused on offense as much as defense so far this season... having few turnovers would be quite impressive.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Re: McIntosh's Plays Great Defense except on the ....

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    He is also a turnover waiting to happen!!!!
    He's been doing very well on the turnovers. Are you thinking of Taylor? He had 11 one night, and 7 another. McIntosh has been pretty solid with the ball, though.

While it is true that he gives up quite a bit of height, providing an advantage for 3-pt shooters, his on-ball defense is great. I guess I'll just have to respectfully disagree with your assessment.

GO CYCLONES!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The only reason we are not talking about Taylors turnovers is because he has played so well recently. I like Corey you need to have someone that will play intense on the defensive side of the ball.