Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 44

2 Years in a row...

we have an amazing comeback before the Kansas game.

Let's hope we don't get humiliated by the Jayhawks like last year.

Good effort last night, but we really need to start winning some games.

I'm tired of losing, how about you guys?

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,736
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 108

Re: 2 Years in a row...

I don't think we'll get embarrassed like we did last year. For one thing, the game is at the Jack, and we have two weeks to prepare. We may not win, but I think you'll see the guys motivated to put the last couple of weeks behind them. KU is beatable. We absolutely need to see last night's second half performance carry over to the entire game against KU.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 802

Quote Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post
    we have an amazing comeback before the Kansas game.

Let's hope we don't get humiliated by the Jayhawks like last year.

Good effort last night, but we really need to start winning some games.

I'm tired of losing, how about you guys?
    I think that this team is suddenly going to discover that they have something to prove. That "good effort" was a team coming together, and a leader emerging, taking the team on his shoulder. This isn't last year's team, this isn't last year's Kansas, and the team is at the Jack.

Oh yeah--and last year they won the comeback, IIRC. That's a significant difference as well. Not nearly as much time spent in exuberance. I think that Kansas is going to see themselves in a real tussle, and I'm sad we have to wait a week to see the line.

Or, how soon we find out about television.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 498

Kansas is better than NE and CU and Baylor and Texas A&M and Ok State and probably as good as Missouri. They have one of the most hard nose qbs I have ever seen in Todd Rieson. They are tough mentally and that is why they are a tough challenge.

We need to play much better than we have in our first four games to beat them. We need to open the playbook at the start. If we play to keep it close the first half, we will be blown out of the water.

No more stupid penalties. Hey, young fellows, you make Gene look like his team is out of control.....just play smarter. The linebackers were contunally sucked into a wrong position...thank God, OUR SECONDARY CAN TACKLE.

Last edited by Wesley; 09-21-2008 at 04:44 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    I think that this team is suddenly going to discover that they have something to prove. That "good effort" was a team coming together, and a leader emerging, taking the team on his shoulder. This isn't last year's team, this isn't last year's Kansas, and the team is at the Jack.

Oh yeah--and last year they won the comeback, IIRC. That's a significant difference as well. Not nearly as much time spent in exuberance. I think that Kansas is going to see themselves in a real tussle, and I'm sad we have to wait a week to see the line.

Or, how soon we find out about television.
    Most college games are announced for TV 13 days in advance, which would be tomorrow for the KU game. We'll see...

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    and probably as good as Missouri.
    You must have been watching a different Kandsas than I have been seeing. Oh, wait, Missouri's defense is really bad--is that what you're talking about? kansas' offense sure doesn't measure up to Missouri's.

We need to open the playbook at the start. If we play to keep it close the first half, we will be blown out of the water.
    Ummm...I think that Chizik might be able to figure out that it's the conference games he's been saving most of the playbook for. And that this is, indeed, a conference game. As well as a very important one for the rest of the season, and how the fans perceive his team.

The linebackers were contunally sucked into a wrong position...
    I'm not entirely sure about this, but didn't Michael Bibbs spend most of the game on the sidelines with his arm in a sling, while Cameron Bell, a relatively green sophomore (former running back) came into the game? I like Cameron (a lot), but I figured he still had some learning to do--and another year to do it in.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 121

Hopefully we don't get drilled as badly as we did 2 years ago the last time we played Kansas at home. You guys realize that we have a 3 game losing streak to Kansas? Freaking Kansas!?!?

I think that 2006 game is the only game I've left early from, it was just pathetic.

Kansas has shown that they are basically a one dimensional team, they don't have much of a running game, but the difference between them and us is that they abandon the running game when it isn't producing and they start chucking the ball to give themselves a chance to win.

Todd Reesing's game is about the same as Edelman's from Kent State, only Reesing is better. We're going to have a tough time containing him.

However, I do think we'll be able to pass the ball and work their corners some, IF our coaches allow us to do so.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    Hopefully we don't get drilled as badly as we did 2 years ago the last time we played Kansas at home. You guys realize that we have a 3 game losing streak to Kansas? Freaking Kansas!?!?

I think that 2006 game is the only game I've left early from, it was just pathetic.

Kansas has shown that they are basically a one dimensional team, they don't have much of a running game, but the difference between them and us is that they abandon the running game when it isn't producing and they start chucking the ball to give themselves a chance to win.

Todd Reesing's game is about the same as Edelman's from Kent State, only Reesing is better. We're going to have a tough time containing him.

However, I do think we'll be able to pass the ball and work their corners some, IF our coaches allow us to do so.
    I forgot about that game. That was a painful afternoon.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    I forgot about that game. That was a painful afternoon.
    As did I, at the end of that game I knew that Dan McCarney's days were over. Sure enough, he resigned at the beginning of the week.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    I think that this team is suddenly going to discover that they have something to prove. That "good effort" was a team coming together, and a leader emerging, taking the team on his shoulder.
    I think that is what is most needed on this team. They need to start working more as a team. I was watching the 2002 ISU vs. TT game the other day and on every play it was a team effort, I haven't really seen that on this team until late last night. It might be because they haven't been playing together very long, but they need to start playing as a unit instead of individual players on the same side.

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Kansas is better than NE and CU and Baylor and Texas A&M and Ok State and probably as good as Missouri. They have one of the most hard nose qbs I have ever seen in Todd Rieson. They are tough mentally and that is why they are a tough challenge.

We need to play much better than we have in our first four games to beat them. We need to open the playbook at the start. If we play to keep it close the first half, we will be blown out of the water.

No more stupid penalties. Hey, young fellows, you make Gene look like his team is out of control.....just play smarter. Thwe linebackers were contunally sucked into a wrong position...thank God, OUR SECONDARY CAN TACKLE.
    I'd put Kansas behind Missouri, probably about the same level as Okie State and Colorado. I'm not terribly impressed with Nebraska so far this year. I think we have a good shot at that game.

Right now I'd say Nebraska and TAMU are toss-ups or better, we have a decent chance against Kansas, K-State and Baylor, a slim chance @Colorado, and almost no chance against Missouri and Okie State.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post

Edelman's? I'm reasonably sure that Reesing isn't nearly that quick or elusive, and that's what caused most of our problems.

What i'm really worried about is how many corners we have left. I hope Linder doesn't get his redshirt pulled because of one game.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 121

Yes, Edelman's.

Just Win Baby
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

We are going to need to play really well defensively in this game.

For starters, we will be w/o LJ and possibly Bibbs. That hurts as with their passing game and we obviously already have the injury w/ Banks. That leaves us a little thinner than usual and considering those appear to be our best at their respective positions (or close to) we are going to have to play sound football.

We are going to have to put up 35+ in my opinion to win but I hope I am wrong

Starter
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

This is going to be a tough game for us. I know people want us to pass, pass, and pass some more, but we really need to establish some kind of running game to keep our offense on the field and Reesing on the sideline. I liked what I saw from JJ Bass against UNLV. He really seems to keep his legs moving after contact to try to finish off the run. Kansas has struggled to run the ball so far, so outrushing Kansas needs to be a goal.

Reesing is mobile, but he doesn't gain a lot of yards on the ground like Edelman. Through four games, he only has 105 yards rushing if you take out sacks and other plays where he lost yards. He has 48 net yards. He is elusive however, and he can buy time with his feet to throw. He is a MUCH better passer than Edelman.

If you shut down Reesing, you more or less shut down Kansas's offense. That's easier said than done though, because no one really has been able to do it yet.

This is a game we can win, but we need to play our best game since the Oklahoma game last year. Both teams have two weeks to prepare, so we'll see who has the better game plan. This game means more to us than it means to them, so we better come out like we did in the second half against UNLV instead of how we came out in the first half.