Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Old School

Nebraska vs Oklahoma.....Conference Championship on the line. The way college football is meant to be played :)

Starter
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

Re: Old School

Hopefully in a couple years down the road it will be meant to be ISU from the north division.

Giving it a go
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 7

The Big 8 is back, are there any Texas schools?

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    Nebraska vs Oklahoma.....Conference Championship on the line. The way college football is meant to be played :)
    Hey there, tiger. Sorry, I don't think you're going to be getting too many bites on the old fishhook this time around. We're all too busy trying to keep up with the myriad rumors that propogate faster than irritating Husker fans on gameday. Oh, did you hear? Your OC got turned down in our coaching search. It seems he doesn't have enough talent. Fair enough. It is your defense that's winning games, after all.

Did you have a good Thanksgiving?

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Hey actor,

If you haven't noticed, it's Nebraska's offense that is great this year. Top 20 in both rushing and passing and top 10 overall. It's our defense that has let us down this year. And if you care, our offense will return all 5 OL that started the last 3 games, all RBs, all WRs and we have a heisman caliber QB from ASU who will be starting next year.

Callahan focused heavily on Offense in his first two full recruiting classes in order to make to transition. Cally is focusing more on defense in this class and will probably have a balanced roster after this recruiting class.

Good luck in the future, but Nebraska is WELL on it's way back!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 67

This is why Pollard brought in Chizik.....a defensive mastermind to counteract and dominate any Callahan offense! Ok, I'm just making this up, but it will be fun to see those two play chess in the years to come.

Addict
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,488
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53

I've gotta say, I really don't like the Huskers but I would like to see the North get the championship this year from the South. So I'll be rooting for the Huskers during this game.

I'll then need to wash my mouth out with soap and drink grain alcohol to cleanse my system.

Down with OU!!!

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 20

One of the reasons the Huskers are mentioned so often is because NU is, in many ways, a model of what we hope to be. They don't have the basketball tradition, but, in football and other sports they are an enviable program. Callahan didn't have the best record in his year one, but, he is certainly well on his way. Our hope and expectation is to follow and to exceed their example. We are well on our way.

Weve got a pretty good football conference, and weve got a pretty good conference overall. Were still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that. Paul Rhoads

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240

You got to love it when Nebraska fans come to our board and talk about how Nebraska playing for titles is the way it's "supposed to be". And you guys wonder why I don't like you.

I will root against the Huskers in every instance I get. Hope you get crushed this weekend. I agree things are looking up for the Huskers, but I don't go searching out random message boards looking to proclaim the greatness of my team and never would no matter how good we were. Especially if we got shellacked by an average OSU team and had only one significant win in the course of the season.

The glory days are long gone, get over yourselves.

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9

I guess that makes me the only one looking forward to the NU/OU game then. Of course, I'd rather have ISU playing for the Big 12 title, but my grandparents graduated from NU, and I have relatives that live in Oklahoma (including an uncle that went to OU), so it's pretty hard to get away from.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 69

Im looking forward. In fact I will be at Arrowhead cheering for the Huskers. And please dont go calling me a Husker fan just because I said that.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 653

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    You got to love it when Nebraska fans come to our board and talk about how Nebraska playing for titles is the way it's "supposed to be". And you guys wonder why I don't like you.

I will root against the Huskers in every instance I get. Hope you get crushed this weekend. I agree things are looking up for the Huskers, but I don't go searching out random message boards looking to proclaim the greatness of my team and never would no matter how good we were. Especially if we got shellacked by an average OSU team and had only one significant win in the course of the season.

The glory days are long gone, get over yourselves.
    I know what you mean Bryce. I cheer for whoever Nebraska is playing except for when they play Iowa they I hope for a TIE!!

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I'm a college football nut and I live in Des Moines. I follow the huskers (too much actually), but I also have to listen about ISU and Iowa all the time.

I thought you guys might like to hear an outsiders opinion about your team. I was much closer to reality with my predictions for ISU and Nebraska from the beginning of the year than most on this board.

I truly feel that most of your fans are toooo ISU centric. What I'm trying to say is that you don't pay enough attention to what other teams are doing. This in the only non-Nebraska board I post on, but I do check out other Big XII teams (especially the north teams and even Baylor) to see what there recruiting is looking like, who they have returning etc... I feel I have a decent perspective when talking about college football. Right now, Nebraska is positioned to win the north for the next several years. They will definitely be favored to win it again next year.

Just because I feel ISU will have a hard time getting to where everyone on this board wants to get to, doesn't necessarily mean I know nothing.

Addict
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,488
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53

Quote Originally Posted by NU Follower View Post
    I'm a college football nut and I live in Des Moines. I follow the huskers (too much actually), but I also have to listen about ISU and Iowa all the time.

I thought you guys might like to hear an outsiders opinion about your team. I was much closer to reality with my predictions for ISU and Nebraska from the beginning of the year than most on this board.

I truly feel that most of your fans are toooo ISU centric. What I'm trying to say is that you don't pay enough attention to what other teams are doing. This in the only non-Nebraska board I post on, but I do check out other Big XII teams (especially the north teams and even Baylor) to see what there recruiting is looking like, who they have returning etc... I feel I have a decent perspective when talking about college football. Right now, Nebraska is positioned to win the north for the next several years. They will definitely be favored to win it again next year.

Just because I feel ISU will have a hard time getting to where everyone on this board wants to get to, doesn't necessarily mean I know nothing.
    Oh no, a giant Smug cloud has just been generated! Let's hope it doesn't combine with George Clooney's smug cloud from his academy award speech creating a giant Smug storm.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    Oh no, a giant Smug cloud has just been generated! Let's hope it doesn't combine with George Clooney's smug cloud from his academy award speech creating a giant Smug storm.

Whatever, nice talking with you.