Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

CFN Picks ISU

Scout.com: Big 12 Fearless Predictions, Sept. 20, Part 2

The analysis appears off to me, but they got the end result correct. They called last week's game a "drubbing" and give our O-line way too much credit. They also sell our linebackers short. Our weakness is the D-line not our linebackers. I do think we will put up some points on Saturday though.

Rookie
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: CFN Picks ISU

This game scares me a little bit but I think that there perdiction is pretty much right on. I think some things that are in our favor are that there stadium only seats like 15,000-18,000. Or maybe thats what I heard they bring for a avg in a crowd I can't remember. And I have also heard that there is a lot of people for ISU that are going out to the game. So I don't think the will have too much of a home field advantage on us. And another thing I see the hunger in our guys to go out there and go prove that we are not as bad of a team that showed up last Saturday!!

Rookie
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think this is the first time I have heard our O-line being called a strength of the team. I will be at the game and hope that this prediction comes true. With enough time in the pocket our passing attack should work to open running lanes for both the RBs and the QBs.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,512
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 80

Quote Originally Posted by leg4cy View Post
    Scout.com: Big 12 Fearless Predictions, Sept. 20, Part 2

The analysis appears off to me, but they got the end result correct. They called last week's game a "drubbing" and give our O-line way too much credit. They also sell our linebackers short. Our weakness is the D-line not our linebackers. I do think we will put up some points on Saturday though.
    They called our o-line "solid" which I would agree with. They're not spectacular, but they are solid. They've only given up 3 sacks in 3 games, and by most accounts, they are not the reason for the abysmal running game so far.

I think CFN thinks too highly of our running game in general, but I put that on our RB corps, not the o-line. So far, I'm less than impressed with our RB, and unless A-Rob steps up big time, that's not going to change any time soon.

Basically this game comes down to whether our offense can find the end zone this week. If we settle for a bunch of FG attempts, we're not going to win. We have to find a way to put 7 points on the board instead of 3 - maybe.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

For the most part, our QBs had a ton of time last week... Each team only had one sack and Iowa had 7 plays for a loss to our 2...

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Pro
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

With what we have seen from our offense, and if our special teams pulls their head out of the clouds we stand a chance. I need to cover on punts and kickoffs, score points and continue causing turnovers.

Its that simple.

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jodysoma View Post
    This game scares me a little bit but I think that there perdiction is pretty much right on. I think some things that are in our favor are that there stadium only seats like 15,000-18,000. Or maybe thats what I heard they bring for a avg in a crowd I can't remember. And I have also heard that there is a lot of people for ISU that are going out to the game. So I don't think the will have too much of a home field advantage on us. And another thing I see the hunger in our guys to go out there and go prove that we are not as bad of a team that showed up last Saturday!!
    Their stadium seats 37,000. With their big with of ASU I would expect them to bring out more fans then normal for Saturday's game. Good thing Clone fans will be showing up by the thousands! Hopefully this game will have more of a "neutral" feel to it for the players.

Pro
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 88

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    They called our o-line "solid" which I would agree with. They're not spectacular, but they are solid. They've only given up 3 sacks in 3 games, and by most accounts, they are not the reason for the abysmal running game so far.

I think CFN thinks too highly of our running game in general, but I put that on our RB corps, not the o-line. So far, I'm less than impressed with our RB, and unless A-Rob steps up big time, that's not going to change any time soon.

Basically this game comes down to whether our offense can find the end zone this week. If we settle for a bunch of FG attempts, we're not going to win. We have to find a way to put 7 points on the board instead of 3 - maybe.

You are exactly right, had we capitalized last weekend, we would be 3-0, but hopefully we can stick it in the end zone on Saturday.

Go Cyclones!!

Walk On Achievements:
    SocialVeteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Im hoping for an ISU win and I think Chizak will have us prepped to do that. Im just a little bit unsure about ISU going out west and playing a late game against a team coming off a big win. I think Arizona State was completely overrated and unproven, but they were ranked #15 in the poll. I think well win but we need to tackle a lot better, and our secondary needs to keep on coming up with turnovers. Hopefully its not a close game. If it is I pray that Mahoney does something to get his head back on straight. Bad snaps or not his confidence is probly rattled... and seriously the last thing we need is another kicker who cant handle pressure.

Last edited by goclonz80; 09-18-2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Messed up

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

I think we will get this one!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points