Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 174,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alaskaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,204
    Points
    174,241
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Bomb squad alert for a polar bear sighted in Washington D.C.

    It was clearly a dangerous situation: Yellow police tape crisscrossed the intersection, innocent civilians were ordered out of harm's way and the Metro station was shut down.

    The bomb squad rolled in with their armored vehicle, and out waddled the stiff, spaceman-looking officers ready to protect the capital yesterday morning.

    All this because a polar bear was sighted in a garbage can.

    Or rather, a mannequin dressed to look like a bear.

    Link:
    washingtonpost.com


    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein
    "If your worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on" Lance Armstrong
    "Dress cute wherever you go, life is too short to blend in." Paris Hilton
    "Money is one of the greatest instruments of freedom ever invented by man." F.A. Hayek

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 50,968, Level: 69
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,731
    Points
    50,968
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 8

    Re: Bomb squad alert for a polar bear sighted in Washington D.C.

    Did you have anything to do with this??


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  3. #3
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    688
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bomb squad alert for a polar bear sighted in Washington D.C.

    Thank God Sarah Palin didn't shoot it with her hunting rifle. 90% of the meat she eats comes from her hunting, you know. The other 10% she runs over with her pickup truck.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 386,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,792
    Points
    386,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 557
    Given: 387

    Re: Bomb squad alert for a polar bear sighted in Washington D.C.

    Damn you Dharma!!!



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 50,968, Level: 69
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,731
    Points
    50,968
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 8

    Re: Bomb squad alert for a polar bear sighted in Washington D.C.

    Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    Damn you Dharma!!!
    I didn't think about that... viral LOST marketing?


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM