Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 34

Lucca Steiger

I just saw him play at this HS showcase event here in Peoria, IL and he didn't look terribly great. Him and his team (Decateur Christian, should be called Decateur International because the whole team had Eastern European names) got beat pretty soundly by this Houston team led by Melvin Goins (ISU was recruiting at one point right? name sounded familar) who was the player of the game. Lot of athleticism on the floor (I think all the starters are going to prolly play D-I basketball) but no one could shoot. Lucca was like 2-12 from the field with 5 or 6 turnovers. He's got a lot of quickness, solid D; just gotta get that shot together to play that 2 spot.

Addict
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,499
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0

Re: Lucca Steiger

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I just saw him play at this HS showcase event here in Peoria, IL and he didn't look terribly great. Him and his team (Decateur Christian, should be called Decateur International because the whole team had Eastern European names) got beat pretty soundly by this Houston team led by Melvin Goins (ISU was recruiting at one point right? name sounded familar) who was the player of the game. Lot of athleticism on the floor (I think all the starters are going to prolly play D-I basketball) but no one could shoot. Lucca was like 2-12 from the field with 5 or 6 turnovers. He's got a lot of quickness, solid D; just gotta get that shot together to play that 2 spot.
    Would you say it was possible Lucca had a bad game? Because I thought he was pitched as a great shooter? Does his shot take a long time to develop? How was the D on him? Did someone play him tight?

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Rookie
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

"My name is Lucca, I live on the second floor"

Rookie
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 34

Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    Would you say it was possible Lucca had a bad game? Because I thought he was pitched as a great shooter? Does his shot take a long time to develop? How was the D on him? Did someone play him tight?
    Yea, it certainly is. I certainly hope so. I think he has the tools to get it done. He's not a pure shooter per say but he can shoot well; he does have a quick release too. Everything he does is fast; sometimes I think he'd be better off if he slowed down just a bit, he seemed to force things sometimes. Was he played tight? I wouldn't say that; it was solid defense, nothing stellar.