Thread: A Mess at CU...

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Having a bar-b-que at my brother-in-law's in Arvada, CO. -He is an alum/booster for CU and we were talking about CU' S mess in Boulder.. The Athletic Dept. has to borrow 8.0 million from the University just to get back on course. He predicts CU will not even have Football/Basketball in 5 years because they paid Gary Barnett 3 million to buy out his contract and Ward Churchill just continues to slam CU as a instructor. CU does not have Baseball or Wrestling and just dropped Men's tennis. There was an article in the Denver Post that says you have to have 17 sports or you lose all funding from the Big 12 ( something to that effect.) Basketball games only sell out when KU comes to town and 80% are Jayhawks fans.... My point is to enjoy Cyclone Football & Basketball games, be glad we have a new AD who has some balls and is not afraid to make changes and coaches that are accountable!!! HITMAN.....

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HITMAN &#064; Jun 6 2006, 08&#58;46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Having a bar-b-que at my brother-in-law&#39;s in Arvada, CO. -He is an alum/booster for CU and we were talking about CU&#39; S mess in Boulder.. The Athletic Dept. has to borrow 8.0 million from the University just to get back on course. He predicts CU will not even have Football/Basketball in 5 years because they paid Gary Barnett 3 million to buy out his contract and Ward Churchill just continues to slam CU as a instructor. CU does not have Baseball or Wrestling and just dropped Men&#39;s tennis. There was an article in the Denver Post that says you have to have 17 sports or you lose all funding from the Big 12 ( something to that effect.) Basketball games only sell out when KU comes to town and 80% are Jayhawks fans.... My point is to enjoy Cyclone Football & Basketball games, be glad we have a new AD who has some balls and is not afraid to make changes and coaches that are accountable&#33;&#33;&#33; HITMAN.....

[/b][/quote]

Amen brother, Good post. I&#39;d like to see CU get out of this huge mess but you never know. I wouldnt be surprised if they have to switch conferences...and then we can bring in yet another texas team (like TCU) to compete for recruits, Oh Joy&#33;&#33;&#33; |[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

God Bless America