Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Las Vegas

Since this is my first time going to Vegas, I figured I'd better ask for some suggestions on a couple things. Anyone got any suggestions for shows to go to while in Vegas? Who has the best poker room?

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,882
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

Re: Las Vegas

This will be the first time I've gone to Vegas on a personal vacation in years and years. I go there a lot for business but spend most of my time at the convention center of trade shows inside the various hotel. This time, I'm just going to relax and spend time with the missus - and hopefully see a Cyclone victory.

That said, the only place I've played poker there was in the Las Vegas Hilton, and I wouldn't say it's a destination location - just a hole in the wall. According to the movie "Rounders" the poker room in the Mirage is where the best hang out - when have the movies ever led anyone astray?

One of the best quirky restaurants I've ever been in Vegas is called Battista’s Hole in the Wall just behind the Flamingo. It's Italian and they serve free house wine with your meal. Here's a review:

Battista's - Restaurant Review

The food is good, the atmosphere is great and they have a little guy walking around with an accordian that comes to your table that asks you, "where you from?" in a gravelly voice then tries to sing a song from that state. Caution - when you say Iowa, he generally says in a panic,"I don't know any songs from there!!" It may be time to teach him the fight song!!

If you are in you're twenties, I think the Palms is still a hot spot. You'll need a cab from the strip. I generally like to hang out in the Paris / Ceasar's area - Check out Napolean's Cigar Bar at the Paris, and the Shadow Bar at Ceasar's. There is generally good dancing late at night at Cleopatra's Barge in Ceasars as well.

Otherwise - I'm just going to veg-out by the pool and dring too many pina coladas!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,243
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 32

Battistas is where several of us are eating Thur.

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by im4iast8 View Post
    Since this is my first time going to Vegas, I figured I'd better ask for some suggestions on a couple things. Anyone got any suggestions for shows to go to while in Vegas? Who has the best poker room?
    You really need to tell us your budget... If you have the money a lot of people like the poker room at Bellagio. Both of the guys I know that go there drop/make $10,000 a night on it. Way too much for me. There are poker rooms for every budget though.

Starter
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by im4iast8 View Post
    Shows that I've seen and really enjoyed are any of the Cirque Du Soliel shows. mystere is the one that I have recently seen and it is amazing. I haven't seen Ka, but it is one that I really want to see as well. Unfortunately the New Cirque show will not be started until after the ISU game - Criss Angel - Believe. This show should be amazing as are all the other Cirque shows!