Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Brady Quinn

  1. #1
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Brady Quinn

    Do you think the Browns should make him the starter?

    I do. Anderson had some big games early on last year but has looked less than impressive the last couple times I have watched him. For some reason, I am a big believer in Brady Quinn and think he is going to be a very good NFL QB.

    What do others think?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    No way. Anderson's been really good and you completely throw away the season by putting in what is basically a rookie.

    If they are eliminated from the playoffs, then put him in. Or make the conscious decision in the offseason. THis would be the worst possible time to do it.

    (plus there are 40-60 mph winds tonight ... give Anderson & Rothlesburger some leeway)



  3. #3
    Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CyGuy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    3,174
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    I like what the Browns are doing with Quinn. He is getting the experience that Vince Young didn't. Letting a 1st round QB sit and learn for a few years seems to be working for the Packers.


    "Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother ****ers"
    The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

  4. #4
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    No way. Anderson's been really good and you completely throw away the season by putting in what is basically a rookie.

    If they are eliminated from the playoffs, then put him in. Or make the conscious decision in the offseason. THis would be the worst possible time to do it.

    (plus there are 40-60 mph winds tonight ... give Anderson & Rothlesburger some leeway)
    In Anderson's last 5 regular season games he is:

    78 out of 148 for 820 yards.

    He has 4 TD's to 7 INT's

    So basically he is averaging around 165 passing and barely throwing 50% on passes. This with Edwards and Winslow to throw too. I don't think he has been very good at all. Quite bad actually.

    I would not be surprised to see Quinn starting in 2 weeks. Their offense has looked bad and Quinn is the talent. And he is smart



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 44,627, Level: 65
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,801
    Points
    44,627
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Brady Quinn

    Hindsight does not look very good for the Browns and that extension they gave Anderson.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 23,808, Level: 47
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    illinoiscyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,704
    Points
    23,808
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    well the good thing is that they could deal either qb to a team like say, the bears next year.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    In Anderson's last 5 regular season games he is:

    78 out of 148 for 820 yards.

    He has 4 TD's to 7 INT's

    So basically he is averaging around 165 passing and barely throwing 50% on passes. This with Edwards and Winslow to throw too. I don't think he has been very good at all. Quite bad actually.

    I would not be surprised to see Quinn starting in 2 weeks. Their offense has looked bad and Quinn is the talent. And he is smart
    Who were the last 3 opponents in 2007? So far he's play the Cowboys & the Steelers (in gusty conditions) in 2008 - not exactly an easy road for any QB. I'm not a Anderson guy, I don't really give a rip about the Browns. But look around the NFL and tell me you be better off with a brand new QB ... if you have somebody decent you're ahead of half the teams already.

    Judging by the game last night, the Browns need coaching and a pass rush WAY more than they need Brady Quinn.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 335,469, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,736
    Points
    335,469
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 162

    Re: Brady Quinn

    The Browns just played the 2 teams that quite possibly will be in the Super Bowl this season.



  9. #9
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    jbing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    513
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    Quinn needs to go the route of Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers and learn the system. He looked horrid in pre-season. He's not ready.


    I believed in Gene Chizik and all I got was this lousy limited-edition commemorative coin.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    The Browns just played the 2 teams that quite possibly will be in the Super Bowl this season.
    Sure ... Cowboys fan. You just hope Tony doesn't get his pretty little bell rung.

    Sadly, with a fantasy roster that includes TO, Barber & Felix, I'm kinda rooting for them as well ... I feel so dirty.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 335,469, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,736
    Points
    335,469
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 162

    Re: Brady Quinn

    Sure, Tony goes down and Dallas finishes no better than 2nd in the East.

    But the fact is, the Browns just played 2 very good teams that will certainly be in the postseason. They Browns are still a step or two below these teams.

    Will see how Anderson & Co. fair against Baltimore and Cincinnati the next 2 weeks. Yes, both are road games - but they should win both, IMO. If they come out of that 0-4 or even 1-3 (and Anderson plays poor/average) - then lets talk about Brady Quinn.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 253,539, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,596
    Points
    253,539
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    Quote Originally Posted by jbing View Post
    Quinn needs to go the route of Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers and learn the system. He looked horrid in pre-season. He's not ready.
    This is what I was thinking - I know it's preseason but he looked TERRIBLE in preseason.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Sure, Tony goes down and Dallas finishes no better than 2nd in the East.

    But the fact is, the Browns just played 2 very good teams that will certainly be in the postseason. They Browns are still a step or two below these teams.

    Will see how Anderson & Co. fair against Baltimore and Cincinnati the next 2 weeks. Yes, both are road games - but they should win both, IMO. If they come out of that 0-4 or even 1-3 (and Anderson plays poor/average) - then lets talk about Brady Quinn.
    Exactly, they play Balt twice, Cinny, the Giants, the Skins, & the Jags coming up. I'm thinking it's feasible they're 3-5 or maybe 4-4 after that stretch. I don't think you can bring in the new kid til you're mathematically out.


    Last edited by clones_jer; 09-15-2008 at 08:35 AM.

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 335,469, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,736
    Points
    335,469
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 162

    Re: Brady Quinn

    Ugh...the Jags. WTF?



  15. #15
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Brady Quinn

    If Brady Quinn looked bad in the preseason, than how did Anderson look? Brady Quinn put up pretty decent numbers.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM