Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

BTN Homers

Did anyone else get tired of the homer attitudes of the announcers? I can't remember listening to such a one sided report of any game in recent memory on a "national" network.

Also, my group (dad, brother,...) watched the Applington-Parkersburg video before the game. A good story, but we were decidedly dissapointed on how they totally ignored the idea that ISU helped out as well.
    Viedo of somber hawkeye homer in blackandgold: "... the whole hawkeye football team came and helped us. That is why this is a hawkeye state..."
    Even McCain/Edwards can get together at the WTC in memory of what happened.

I guess that if you own the network you can use it to spin the story and the game any way that you want...

(I did enjoy them admitting that ISU dominated UofI during the 3rd quarter)

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 240

Re: BTN Homers

It's the Big Ten Network. If anyone was expecting an unbiased crew...they were unaware what channel the game was on.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,075
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 338

Thats why the stupid big 12 conference needs a tv network...so they can have shills doing informercials at every game all game long!

What did you expect an impartial broadcast? Wake up boys the little 11 has a great thing going and the stupid big 12 is a plaything for okie and texas!!

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

ESPN also did a huge story about the Hawkeyes cleaning up Parkersburg. No mention of the Cyclones whatsoever. Between the all the talk of how great the Hawkeyes and the Falcons are, I about threw up my breakfast...

99% of Hawkeye Fans give the rest a bad name...

Starter
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

What do you expect out of a network that cant even count the number of teams in the conference ?

Do you think this 'homerism' is the reason why so many ad slots aren't filled by paying advertisers ? If I see another BTN promo I'm going to have nightmares about Joe Pa ending that sales pitch like he was constipated or something...

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 953
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    It's the Big Ten Network. If anyone was expecting an unbiased crew...they were unaware what channel the game was on.
    I hadn't watched a full game yet on BTN. I guess I figured that they would want to do a good job with out of conference teams to help get more subscribers. What was I thinking....

Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    Thats why the stupid big 12 conference needs a tv network...so they can have shills doing informercials at every game all game long!

What did you expect an impartial broadcast? Wake up boys the little 11 has a great thing going and the stupid big 12 is a plaything for okie and texas!!
    I have been thinking the same thing. The powers that be in our conference have no enticement to work together for the betterment of the conference, just so that they can look good.

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Yep, Its their network, their fans predominantly and their right to please. Who can blame them.

I tried to listen to the Yahoo broadcast on the Internetz, but the delay between what I heard and what I saw on the BTN was just enough to be distracting, so I 86d that plan and listened strictly to the homers. This is what I heard:

When Iowa was kicking off -

"...and a BOOMING KICK! I think Jesus ****** couldn't have kicked that ball any better..."

When ISU was kicking off -

"...(crickets, followed by) Johnson downed by Iowa's uber, epeen enlarging cover team!..."

Anyway, you get the point.

Fact is, we need a Big XII Network so we can listen to our homer announcers and be just fine with their biased announcing of the game. But then, I guess if we did have our own network, we'd just b!7ch because Texas and Oklahoma we're getting more love than little'ol ISU.

:D

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 1

Those two yahoo's calling that game today were some of the worst I have ever heard. The one guy contradicted himself some many times it became laughable. Man they were bad...

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I like how the sideline reporter made a point to say that the crowd was getting to the ISU bench.

I'm wagering something to that effect gets said about the opposing team during just about every non-conference broadcast.

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    I like how the sideline reporter made a point to say that the crowd was getting to the ISU bench.

I'm wagering something to that effect gets said about the opposing team during just about every non-conference broadcast.
    /agree

What was funny though was that when they were spewing their pre-canned commentary they had a shot behind our bench...and it was more red guys than black.

What a joke.