Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

San Francisco Game Watch

So I checked out the ISU Alumni's San Francisco gamewatch sites, and it looks like ISU Alums are congregating down in Palo Alto. That's kind of a trek, especially for a 9 am kickoff.

I guess Hawk fans are taking over Final Final on Baker St, but I don't really want to head there for a couple reasons: first, it's gonna be filled with Hawk fans, and second, it's in the Marina.

Anyone in the city feel like checking out the game at Danny Coyles on Haight or Kezar Pub on Stanyan? Both are great bars to take in a game, and should be open at 8 am.

www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 253

Re: San Francisco Game Watch

at first I thought the thread title was San Francisco Gay watch. I was going to respond by telling you to look around. It's pretty easy to find one.

All-Star
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    at first I thought the thread title was San Francisco Gay watch. I was going to respond by telling you to look around. It's pretty easy to find one.
    Ya got me. San Francisco's gay. Everyone who lives here is gay. In fact, I don't even know how I met my girlfriend. I had to pretend to be a woman in order for her to pay attention to me. It was weird for the first couple months, but our love prevailed.

Sorry if that was a bit touchy, but have you ever been to this city? I think that a lot of people have a skewed perspective of San Francisco that's based on media representations and urban legends.

Pro
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by sdillon500 View Post
    Ya got me. San Francisco's gay. Everyone who lives here is gay. In fact, I don't even know how I met my girlfriend. I had to pretend to be a woman in order for her to pay attention to me. It was weird for the first couple months, but our love prevailed.

Sorry if that was a bit touchy, but have you ever been to this city? I think that a lot of people have a skewed perspective of San Francisco that's based on media representations and urban legends.
    I have to say that people do over play that whole thing. It's a diverse city and there are a lot of different kinds of people.

I spent 10 days there with my wife and we had a blast. I'm jealous that you live out there, but I'm not all that jealous of your rent...

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Yikes, I thought gay people were supposed to be jolly.

Addict
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 63

Easy dude, he was just giving you crap. I have been there, and it's not totally gay, only partly gay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 12

It's been eight years since I lived there but I went to a little dive bar near the presidio (I can find the details if you are interested). The owner is a Husker fan and is pretty cool to Big12 folk. The Irish pubs on Geary are pretty hospitable as well, Ireland's 32 is my favorite.

Legend
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 253

I love stereotypes. It's a good joke.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    I have to say that people do over play that whole thing. It's a diverse city and there are a lot of different kinds of people.

I spent 10 days there with my wife and we had a blast. I'm jealous that you live out there, but I'm not all that jealous of your rent...
    It's not diverse, everybody up there is a screaming lib .

As an aside, I moved from San Francisco to West Hollywood, my family began to wonder.........

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,104
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

So I checked out the ISU Alumni's San Francisco gamewatch sites, and it looks like ISU Alums are congregating down in Palo Alto. That's kind of a trek, especially for a 9 am kickoff.

I guess Hawk fans are taking over Final Final on Baker St, but I don't really want to head there for a couple reasons: first, it's gonna be filled with Hawk fans, and second, it's in the Marina.

Anyone in the city feel like checking out the game at Danny Coyles on Haight or Kezar Pub on Stanyan? Both are great bars to take in a game, and should be open at 8 am.
    I wish I could meet you out in sunny san fran sdillon500. Me and the wife will be watching from my humble abode in Mpls with 2 of our closest hawk friends and a dog named Kinnick (I believe you know them too). I'll have to try and refrain from rubbing it in their faces too much after the Clones win 28-24 in OT.

p.s. Any chance you're gonna make it to the ISU vs. CU game this year in Boulder?

- Im not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jonecy View Post
    I wish I could meet you out in sunny san fran sdillon500. Me and the wife will be watching from my humble abode in Mpls with 2 of our closest hawk friends and a dog named Kinnick (I believe you know them too). I'll have to try and refrain from rubbing it in their faces too much after the Clones win 28-24 in OT.

p.s. Any chance you're gonna make it to the ISU vs. CU game this year in Boulder?
    Don't let those guys give you too much crap, and try to restrain yourself while celebrating. It's gonna be tough after a win this year. Seriously, how great is it gonna be after we're 3-0?

And I'm trying to make it out to Colorado, but the vacation situation might be a little suspect around that time.

And to all others, I'm really not that thin-skinned, I just get a lot of crap from people back home about San Francisco.

Pro
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by sunset View Post
    It's not diverse, everybody up there is a screaming lib .

As an aside, I moved from San Francisco to West Hollywood, my family began to wonder.........

I don't get what being liberal really has to do with diversity. Bigger cities tend to be more libral anyways. Even in conservative states, the bigger cities are more liberal than the rest of them.

What I was trying to say is that you've got about 43% whites, so there is a mix of other races. You've also got people with different orientations. I don't see that as a bad thing, although those who are insecure usually do.

You also have a large set of people with differeing backgrounds, experiences, etc. There is something for everybody there: music, sports, art, recreation, tons of places to eat. A bunch of different ethnic neighborhoods.

That's what I mean when I talk about diversity

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    I don't get what being liberal really has to do with diversity. Bigger cities tend to be more libral anyways. Even in conservative states, the bigger cities are more liberal than the rest of them.

What I was trying to say is that you've got about 43% whites, so there is a mix of other races. You've also got people with different orientations. I don't see that as a bad thing, although those who are insecure usually do.

You also have a large set of people with differeing backgrounds, experiences, etc. There is something for everybody there: music, sports, art, recreation, tons of places to eat. A bunch of different ethnic neighborhoods.

That's what I mean when I talk about diversity
    #1 I was joking.
    #2 The point of the joke was that people love to talk about diversity but neglect diversity of thought/viewpoint.

I lived in SF and visit weekly, I realize it has a lot to offer. Let me know next time you go and I can give you some suggestions.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by sunset View Post
    It's been eight years since I lived there but I went to a little dive bar near the presidio (I can find the details if you are interested). The owner is a Husker fan and is pretty cool to Big12 folk. The Irish pubs on Geary are pretty hospitable as well, Ireland's 32 is my favorite.
    I'm pretty sure that dive by the Presidio is the Final Final, where the Hawk's are having their game watch. I agree, it is a pretty nice spot, if you ignore the corner by the door w/all the black & gold memorabilia.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

where is the game watch in Palo Alto?