Cyclones WIN! 11/21 Game Notes
Notes from the Game:
- Williams Arena has a lot better atmosphere than I remember from a couple years ago. There were several points in the game where I was a little nervous for our young guys with such noise.
- Although our offense really sputtered the last 8 minutes of the first half, somehow our guys stuck around just enough to stay in the game at halftime. Big basket at the end of the first half.
- Mike Taylor was absolutely unreal to watch in person... In the first half it was, "Quit taking the forced shot!" and by the last 5 minutes of the game it was "Give Taylor the Rock!"
- Defense played great down the stretch, grabbing several key rebounds and forcing turnovers in the last couple minutes.
- Most importantly, there were LOTS of Iowa State fans in attendance! There were chants of "Let's Go State" & "I-S-U" rocking the ends of the court, fans going nuts during Clark's sick dunks, high fiving fellow Cyclone fans, and even a rather loud rendition of the ISU Fight Song! It was priceless having Gopher fans repeatedly turn around, amazed at how many Cyclone fans there were in the upper ends of the arena.
- At times, it seemed like McIntosh and W. Johnson just disappeared. I know that Wes scored his 5 pts really early on when we jumped out to a 13-5 lead. What happened to him the rest of the game?
- As expected, we had a tough time guarding Tollackson, their big man underneath the hoop. We were really outplayed there for most of the game, until the last few minutes.
Overall, I am going to remember this game for a long time! I spent about a half hour after the game just taking pictures of our group at floor level and enjoying my time with other Cyclone fans. I remember telling myself that I would be happy whoever won as long as it was a close game. As I looked up at the scoreboard with the game tied 53-53 I thought "It doesn't get any better than this".....or so I thought. What a fantastic finish for our first big game of the season!
Last edited by Cyclone_Power; 11-22-2006 at 02:44 AM.