Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Husker fans are stumped???

Anyone listen to Omaha sports talk today. Close to two hours was devoted to the problems with their big, talented, and experience O-Line.

No one can figure out why they aren't owning the line. While Matt Perrault(sp?) said he saw red flags when after the game Barney Cotton wasn't to upset, saying "that's our line."

I thought watching kNU self-destruct last year, this year could be better. With Osborne and Pelini they really believe they could be NCs this year.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 309

Re: Husker fans are stumped???

You do realize that both "Husker fans" and "Hawk Fans" start with an "H", and go downhill from there?

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 126

They are going to be really disappointed in Litle "BO" Peep

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I thought maybe you saw some Husker fans staring at can of frozen OJ... "concentrate"

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 319

And to think they were defending the rehiring of Cotton. I guess they really did forget why they ran him out of town in the first place...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Walk On
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I know its Omaha, but listening to sports talk radio here is really bad this time of the year. I liked Matt Perrault at the begining, especially when he would interview McCarney every week, but he has flipped to a complete Husker homer. I had to stop listening weeks ago when I kept hearing how UNL will win 9 games this year.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonelifer View Post
    Anyone listen to Omaha sports talk today. Close to two hours was devoted to the problems with their big, talented, and experience O-Line.

No one can figure out why they aren't owning the line. While Matt Perrault(sp?) said he saw red flags when after the game Barney Cotton wasn't to upset, saying "that's our line."

I thought watching kNU self-destruct last year, this year could be better. With Osborne and Pelini they really believe they could be NCs this year.
    I am a Nebraska fan and I don't know anyone who thinks the Huskers will be NC's this year let alone North Division Champs. Most fans I know would consider it a really good year if they can win 8 games.

Bo will do good things at Nebraska, just like Chizik is/will at ISU. You gotta give these guys a little time.

Addict
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,347
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by MrReality View Post
    I am a Nebraska fan and I don't know anyone who thinks the Huskers will be NC's this year let alone North Division Champs. Most fans I know would consider it a really good year if they can win 8 games.

Bo will do good things at Nebraska, just like Chizik is/will at ISU. You gotta give these guys a little time.
    I think, given time, he could do a good job there. The question is, will he be given time?

I don't suspect UNL fans are in the mood to wait another 3 or 4 years to return to the top of the Big XII North, let alone be in the BCS championship picture.

What would a 4 or 5 win season mean to UNL this year?

"Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

A four or five win season would not go over well (especially considering they already won 3), but would be tolerated...this year. Bottom line is that people in the state have way more faith in Osborne calling the shots on coaches than they did in Steve Pederson.

Addict
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,347
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

A four or five win season would not go over well (especially considering they already won 3), but would be tolerated...this year. Bottom line is that people in the state have way more faith in Osborne calling the shots on coaches than they did in Steve Pederson.
    Looking at the schedule ahead for Nebraska, you've got VA Tech, Missouri, Texas Tech, ISU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas, K-State and then Colorado. Obviously there are a lot of things we don't know about a lot of those teams, but only 2 or 3 more wins would not be out of the realm of possibility. If you put down a loss against the currently ranked teams - not saying that it is one for sure, just hypothetical - (Missouri, TTech, Oklahoma, Kansas) that leaves VA Tech, ISU, Baylor K-State and Colorado. None of those teams are without talent. K-State and ISU are on the road, and you know both teams would love to throttle Nebraska.

NE should be a 6 or 7 win team - at least - but who knows? If they were to win just two more games - say ISU and Baylor - that would end the season with a 4 game losing streak - probably tied for the bottom of the Big-12 south if not there outright -and the only wins over Western Michigan, SJSU, New Mexico State, Iowa State and Baylor. I don't think that would go over too well in Husker country.

Another year of that, and I think Bo sees the door, unless Tommy O can part the seas and carry chunks of rock from the top of a mountain or something.

"Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    Looking at the schedule ahead for Nebraska, you've got VA Tech, Missouri, Texas Tech, ISU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas, K-State and then Colorado. Obviously there are a lot of things we don't know about a lot of those teams, but only 2 or 3 more wins would not be out of the realm of possibility. If you put down a loss against the currently ranked teams - not saying that it is one for sure, just hypothetical - (Missouri, TTech, Oklahoma, Kansas) that leaves VA Tech, ISU, Baylor K-State and Colorado. None of those teams are without talent. K-State and ISU are on the road, and you know both teams would love to throttle Nebraska.

NE should be a 6 or 7 win team - at least - but who knows? If they were to win just two more games - say ISU and Baylor - that would end the season with a 4 game losing streak - probably tied for the bottom of the Big-12 south if not there outright -and the only wins over Western Michigan, SJSU, New Mexico State, Iowa State and Baylor. I don't think that would go over too well in Husker country.

Another year of that, and I think Bo sees the door, unless Tommy O can part the seas and carry chunks of rock from the top of a mountain or something.
    I agree with you. No one really knows what the Nebraska team has. They allegedly have talent (Callahan did have some good recruiting classes), but that talent didn't show much last year and the jury is still way out this year.

I have long circled the Va Tech game as the first real litmus test. I'm not too optimistic about Mizzou, Texas Tech, and OU. Kansas in Lincoln is a legitimate shot at a win. The Iowa State game will be very interesting. Nebraska could be coming off 3 straight losses (almost for sure 2 straight) with the last 2 being potential blow out losses. A lot will be discovered about the attitude of the team after that.

But as a Husker fan, I only see one more guaranteed win (Baylor), 3 more games they should be favored to win but are still completely up in the air: ISU (sorry), Kansas State, and Colorado (in Lincoln). 2 games they will have to play very well to win: Va Tech and Kansas, and 3 virtually sure losses.

Worst case scenario: 4-12
    Best case: 9-3
    Probable: 7-5 (Win 2/3 vs ISU, KSU, and CU and win 1/2 vs KU and VT)

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Thats true Tommy is good at recruiting thuggs and players who can't spell their own name

Speechless
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76

Quote Originally Posted by isuforlife View Post
    Thats true Tommy is good at recruiting thuggs and players who can't spell their own name
    Every team takes flyers on some guys if they are good enough. It's not like we haven't had a few non-qualifiers ourselves.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    Every team takes flyers on some guys if they are good enough. It's not like we haven't had a few non-qualifiers ourselves.
    Exactly. It's just that Nebraksa's thugs have been a little higher profile than Iowa Sate's. There is no doubt Nebraska fans cringe any time they here someone with a first name of Lawrence or a last name of Phillips. Nebraska has had it's share of trouble makers the last few years too, it's just that you don't hear about it as much (in the national media especially) because the team has sucked.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Exactly. It's just that Nebraksa's thugs have been a little higher profile than Iowa Sate's. There is no doubt Nebraska fans cringe any time they here someone with a first name of Lawrence or a last name of Phillips. Nebraska has had it's share of trouble makers the last few years too, it's just that you don't hear about it as much (in the national media especially) because the team has sucked.
    we don't even come close to their thug boys