Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

Game day predictions....

Gonna make a prediction as to who, what and where is going to happen....

I think it will be a big day from Phillip Bates. I think the experience of the KSU defense is the linebackers - only problem for them is that they will have the choice of defending the pass or converging on Bates for his running abilities and this will open up the passing lanes.

I think our running game will do okay - i don't see another 250 yard effort, maybe 175 total rushing with Arob getting 83 and a touchdown. JJ looks good in his return with 56 yards and will be held out of the end zone.

Receivers in my mind need to step up and have a big day. I see Hamilton reasserting himself now that he's seen if he don't he will be losing playing time to our two awesome freshmen (Johnson and Darks) lets not forget that we also signed Lonzie Range who was rated almost as highly as Johnson by the ESPN recruiting services but indicated it may be 2 years before he could help a team. Next year, our skill positions on offense will be sick.....Two headed monster at QB with Tiller pushing both of them. AROB and Bo will be a dynamic backfield not to mention Schwartz. Then at Wide out we will have Hamilton, Johnson, Darks, Range and anyone else that steps up.

IMO this is a level of talent at our skilled positions that we have not seen - maybe ever. Its definitely exciting times to be Cyclones fan.

Back to todays game.

Our OL will have a much tougher test today, i think our strength will be put to the test and if the OL is able to handle that battle we win easily. Watch for a lot of traps and work done on the interior of the line to keep the linebackers from floating a lot and opening up those crossing routes that our athletes can take to the house.

On the defensive side of the ball - we will not see 6 turnovers again. But, i think we get 3, and we win that battle 3-1. I think the Dline needs to establish themselves early, if we can do that and handle the running game of their QB,RB we will win this game easily. Last year the QB and RB had over 230 yards rushing against us, but then again, it was the first game in this system for our defenders and as Jesse Smith said, at that time, they were simply trying to figure out where to be not just reacting to what they see.

Look for our LB's to have a huge game - i think they will shine today. I think our DL is stout enough that it will allow the LB's to float and scrape along the line to pile up tackles and we will see A LOT of blitzes because we have faith our DB's can cover their wideouts. I predict our LB's will have 3 sacks - coming out party for Bibbs, this will be his best game as a cyclone.

DB- this SHOULD be an easy task for them to stop these receivers. This team has no solidified #1 receiver. That said, if given the time, there will be breakdowns but the qb will be under too much pressure to hit the big ones.

Mahoney shines again. He will hit 3-3 including one from 46 or longer before the half ends.

Score: ISU 44 Kent State 24

Good luck and hope all my guesses come true!!!!

Last edited by KMAC_ATTACK; 09-06-2008 at 10:59 AM.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Game day predictions....

38-10

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 358

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Gonna make a prediction as to who, what and where is going to happen....

I think it will be a big day from everyone...
    There. Fixed that for ya.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Prediction? PAIN.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	klubber.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	3095  

Pro
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

I dont see us winning by over 14 points but I really hope Im wrong.