Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 41

Subway notes: Bootlegged Merchandise?

On the subway today I ran into a guy wearing an Iowa State Cyclones (old logo) shirt. Interesting things were: 1. When I spoke with him, the guy clearly had no idea where Iowa State was (English was not his forte), and 2. The shirt was black and gold...

About a year ago I actually rode the elevator up with a guy wearing an Iowa Hawkeyes sweatshirt, which was cardinal and gold... I think that the bootleg sports apparel community (does this actually exist?!?!)has gotten us confused. Can someone please send them our new logo? Next thing I know I'm going to run into a guy wearing an Iowa State Buckeyes/Hawkeyes, or an Ohio/Idaho State Cyclones shirt.

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: Subway notes: Bootlegged Merchandise?

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNCyclone View Post
    On the subway today I ran into a guy wearing an Iowa State Cyclones (old logo) shirt. Interesting things were: 1. When I spoke with him, the guy clearly had no idea where Iowa State was (English was not his forte), and 2. The shirt was black and gold...

About a year ago I actually rode the elevator up with a guy wearing an Iowa Hawkeyes sweatshirt, which was cardinal and gold... I think that the bootleg sports apparel community (does this actually exist?!?!)has gotten us confused. Can someone please send them our new logo? Next thing I know I'm going to run into a guy wearing an Iowa State Buckeyes/Hawkeyes, or an Ohio/Idaho State Cyclones shirt.
    As a Boston University grad, I have to snicker at the latest European craze.... For some reason, B.U. apparel is very trendy right now, but the problem is, the colors and the mascot are completely wrong...

I'm baaack! See my Hot Milk For Breakfast blog under Social Groups for more details

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 731
    Given: 489

Re: Subway notes: Bootlegged Merchandise?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    As a Boston University grad, I have to snicker at the latest European craze.... For some reason, B.U. apparel is very trendy right now, but the problem is, the colors and the mascot are completely wrong...
    Lemme guess - they're confusing Boston University with Boston College, thinking that BU is the Eagles since one would automatically assume that a university would be more popular than a college (and BU/BC is really the only example I can think of)

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.