Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thumbs up 2009 New Recruit Beau Blankenship article

Fri August 29, 2008

Norman North football: T-Wolves aiming for state title with QB Tettleton back

High School Stadiums in Oklahoma

Locations of Every High School Football stadium in Oklahoma

Norman North's Beau Blankenship has led Class 6A in rushing for two consecutive season. Last year he ran for 2,200 yards and 26 touchdowns. By John Clanton, The Oklahoman

By Justin Harper
    Staff Writer
    NORMAN Maybe the return of Tyler Tettleton will make it possible for Beau Blankenship to enjoy watching film. Or maybe it will take a long-awaited victory over recent nemesis Muskogee or a third straight win over rival Norman. Perhaps the fact that the Norman North tailback has decided on Iowa State as his college team will do the trick.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Regardless, the senior hasn't liked what he's seen to this point.
    "I hate watching old tape, Blankenship said. "I look back at last year's games, and I always see something I should have done better or I see myself and wonder what I was doing because if I had cut a different way I could have gotten more yards. Basically, I know by watching that I can do better. You can always do better.
    Some might disagree where Blankenship is concerned. After all, he's led Class 6A in rushing for two straight seasons. Last season alone he churned out 2,200 yards and scored 26 touchdowns, both school records.
    To be sure, Blankenship fully intends on going over 2,000 yards rushing again, but he actually could be better without compiling as large of numbers. That's where Tettleton comes in. The senior quarterback will bring a passing dimension to the team that should present defenses with a pick-your-poison choice to make. Tettleton has returned from last-year's torn ACL faster and stronger than before the injury. And despite missing all of the 2007 campaign, he still has a wealth of experience, having started half of his freshman season and all of his sophomore year.
    "Tyler's a phenomenal player, Blankenship said. "He's going to spread everything out. With Tyler playing, it's going to open up a lot of stuff on offense. There's no doubt having him back is going to be a huge thing for us.
    Tight end KJ Williams has moved on to Texas A&M, but the T-Wolves are at no loss for standouts.
    For starters, senior Nathan Badger is one of the top defensive linemen in the state. Kicker Bryce Easley is equally as valuable. Junior Nyko Symonds looks like a big-play receiver and shut-down corner. Moore move-ins Cody Hughes (OL) and Kyle Wormington (SS) have made an immediate impact.
    Meanwhile, Beau Traber and Nick Canavan might be the best combo set of linebackers in 6A. Plus, Josh Norton (WR/DB) and Chris Riley (RB) are proven playmakers. The list goes on and on.
    "We think we can win the state championship, said Blankenship. "It used to be something we were building up to, but I think we're there. We can do it.
    If so, that will be film Blankenship will never tire of watching.

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 3

Re: 2009 New Recruit Beau Blankenship article

looks like a stud

ALL IN