Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Twister Sisters

I was really impressed with the sisters last night. While they really struggled to contain King, for a team that plays a lot of newcomers I was really impressed by their comeback on the road. Learning to win, particularly in adverse circumstances, is a great experience for team. I don't think you could have scripted a better early season game from a team development standpoint. Adversity, rivalry, comeback, OT.

Could be a very good year for the Twister Sisters. They are on a long road trip and won't play again in Ames until early Dec. If they can come through this road trip unscathed or with one loss, it sets up very nice for Big 12 play.

Starter
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 548
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 79

Re: Twister Sisters

First time I have seen this years team, we have a nice collection of players and seem to be deeper than the recent past. I was impressed with Ross, she is very strong inside offensively and rebounding, will be interesting to see her against bigger competition. The key to winning games like last night is the Senior PG when we were down there was no sence of disparation, stayed calm and did whatever the team needs to win. We have been blessed with some good PG for a long time now here at ISU and LM rates right up there, I do not think I would trade her for any of those that came before her.

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

The box score indicates Medders played 44 minutes. Seven players got meaningful time with Alison getting lots of time as a frosh - probably for defense and rebounding - no scoring from her. Who is the heir apparent to Medders and when will she be able to give her some rest? Mossman played some, but, she must have been in for Heather.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Walk On
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I think Mosman is the heir apparent. The fact that Medders played pretty much every minute was a reflection of UNI's play - King couldn't miss and Biggs was hitting big shots too. I went to the game and let me tell you it was pretty grim until Fennelly got T'd up. You don't often see a team play with such a sense of urgency to claim a victory in just the second game of season, but they did last night!

As to giving Medders a rest - I say play her 'til she drops. Three reasons 1.) I think the more she plays the better she plays. 2.) She as tough as they get and I don't see her wearing down. 3.) Selfishly, our chances to watch her are this season... and then the WNBA.

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

I had the impression that Anna was the likely PG replacement. Regardless, there are no easy games this road trip - little opportunity for frosh to get playing time unless they can contribute under pressure.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads