Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 823

Mizzoo

I really almost wish that we weren't playing them way at the end of the season. Sure, their offense is great, (though Maclin now appears hurt) but Juice Williams put up 455 passing against their defense. Juice Williams. We're not talking Matt Ryan here.

And their defense really looked atrocious last night, the corners often leaving people completely uncovered--and being beaten when they weren't. I suppose it's not as if we have the wideouts, or quarterbacks to exploit a weakness like that...oh, wait.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 408
    Given: 1,730

Re: Mizzoo

I'm glad we are playing them when we do. November 15 will be cold at JT stadium - just like 2 years ago when we upset them. Let's not forget, other than OU last season we played them tougher than anyone else. FWIW, we held them to their lowest total yardage of the year and if not for an early turnover, we were right in the game.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    I'm glad we are playing them when we do. November 15 will be cold at JT stadium - just like 2 years ago when we upset them. Let's not forget, other than OU last season we played them tougher than anyone else. FWIW, we held them to their lowest total yardage of the year and if not for an early turnover, we were right in the game.
    Oh, I'm happy we're playing them when we are, because our plethora of youngsters will have had all that many more prcatices. The one thing an exceptionally young and talented team needs, and this one is, is time. More practices, more games, more reps all around.

That said, the Missouri game could prove to be very interesting by the time it rolls around.

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 61

They are interesting team to watch. They look a lot like Texas Tech to me with that spread offense.

I'm glad to see them doing well as they've had just as tough a road as we have over the years. I'll be glad when their quarterback finally graduates.

Addict
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    I really almost wish that we weren't playing them way at the end of the season. Sure, their offense is great, (though Maclin now appears hurt) but Juice Williams put up 455 passing against their defense. Juice Williams. We're not talking Matt Ryan here.

And their defense really looked atrocious last night, the corners often leaving people completely uncovered--and being beaten when they weren't. I suppose it's not as if we have the wideouts, or quarterbacks to exploit a weakness like that...oh, wait.
    In Williams' defense, probably half of that passing total were his long bombs in the 4th quarter... and most of them, he put right on the money. I agree though, Missouri needs to tighten up that secondary if they want to make some serious National Title noise.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    They are interesting team to watch. They look a lot like Texas Tech to me with that spread offense.

I'm glad to see them doing well as they've had just as tough a road as we have over the years. I'll be glad when their quarterback finally graduates.

No doubt. I remember his coming out party at JTS a few years ago when their starting QB (what was his name again?) got knocked out of the game. I'm not joking or making fun by the way, I really can't remember who their QB was.

Addict
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    No doubt. I remember his coming out party at JTS a few years ago when their starting QB (what was his name again?) got knocked out of the game. I'm not joking or making fun by the way, I really can't remember who their QB was.
    Brad Smith! And yes, I remember that all too well... celebrating that Missouri would have to resort to their Backup QB to run the rest of the game... and then watching in horror as he outperformed Smith.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Recruit
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Brad Smith, and it was at Mizzou I think.

Beat me to it Airwalke, nice work.

Last edited by ISUpike33; 08-31-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 61

I thought that was at Missouri? We had the game won and he came in and turned it around.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

At Missouri, and Brad Smith. Unless Chase Patton was the starter then.

All-Star
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 761
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 127

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    . . . Let's not forget, other than OU last season we played them tougher than anyone else. FWIW, we held them to their lowest total yardage of the year. . . .
    Guess I'm kinda suspicious of investing a lot of emotional coin in one game. Mizzou likely was not sky high mentally when it played us; it had bigger fish to fry.

But, then, maybe the Tigers were still angry over the previous season's game in Ames and they way they lost it. But, sometimes fans make more of such things than do the players.

And OU, how excited and mentally ready to kick butt was it when it traveled to Ames? We had one win at that point.

I'm thinking we probably snuck up on OU and Mizzou and maybe played them tougher than our ability as a football team would have allowed at another time.

But, maybe we were improving as a football team at that point of the season, and the scores of those games were a fair reflection of the teams' strengths.

Guess it's a head-scratcher for me. I'm not sure what to think. . . .

Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government.
    -George Washington

We, the People, are the problem. I knew it!

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    At Missouri, and Brad Smith. Unless Chase Patton was the starter then.
    Oh yeah, that's right. On both counts. I was stuck in Seattle listening on yahoo audio, so I obviously don't have a really clear memory of where the game was...

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 40

Was at Mizzou and we were winning when Smith got knocked out. I think we lost like a 10pt lead. I was listening to the game while sitting in the stands at Kinnick with family. I thought we had the game won. Here is part of his profile off the Missouri Athletic Website

2005 SEASON
    The 2004 EA Sports National High School Player of the Year who won the backup job in fall camp, despite his true freshman status ... Saw action in 10 games, as Tiger coaches tried to give him a series or two in most games to prepare him for the future ... Completed nearly 60% of his passes, going 38-of-66 for 347 yards and one TD, with two INTs ... Also rushed 39 times for 57 yards and one TD ... Did more than just prepare for next season against Iowa State, as he relieved an injured Brad Smith in the fourth quarter of the Iowa State game, and rallied Mizzou from a 10-point deficit with just eight minutes left, as the Tigers won in overtime, 27-24 ... Entered the ISU game on a third-and-10 situation on his own 25 yardline with just under nine minutes left in the game, and MU trailing, 24-14 ... Calmly hit WR Brad Ekwerekwu for 13 yards to keep the drive alive, and later connected with fellow true freshman TE Chase Coffman for 25 yards on a fourth-and-seven to keep the chains moving ... Led Tigers to a FG on that drive, and after a defensive stop, led MU on an 11-play, 87-yard drive for the tying score that came on a four-yard TD pass to WR Sean Coffey with just 20 seconds left ... In OT, after ISU missed a long FG try, Daniel guided the Tigers down to the nine-yard line, and the winning Adam Crossett field goal ... Ended the game 16-of-23 passing for 185 yards and the one TD ... Saw action in two series in the bowl game against South Carolina, and converted on a fourth down keeper in the third quarter to help keep a long MU drive alive ... Scored the first TD of his collegiate career in game No. 3 against Troy, on a 1-yard plunge in the fourth quarter.

GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub